Debt Up $57 Trillion, 60% Of Jobs Created Are Low Level, Record Youth Living With Parents

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Obama again, is a complete failure on so many levels

-Geaux
------------------

Post-Crisis Scorecard Debt Up 57 Trillion 60 Of Jobs Created Are Low Level Record Youth Living With Parents Zero Hedge

On Friday, my Twitter stream was filled with some of the most outlandish bullish economic victory laps from pundits I’ve ever seen. The source was the monthly employment report, which showed a larger than expected increase in employment as well as higher wages. In addition, there was a huge upward revision to employment data in November. Interestingly enough, on the same day this report was released, several important articles came across my screen that make me as concerned as ever about the true state of the economy and where we are headed.

First, CNN Money just yesterday published an article titled: Obama Jobs: More Caregivers, Servers and Temps. Here are a few excerpts:

Got a job while Obama was president? Then there’s a good chance you are working in healthcare or food service or as a temp.

Those sectors were responsible more than 60% of the jobs created since Obama took office in January 2009.

Healthcare now employs 14.9 million Americans, up 11% over the past six years, according to a recent Pew Research Center report. More than one in 10 payroll jobs in the U.S. are in this industry.

Much of the job growth in healthcare has taken place in home health care services and outpatient care. That follows both the aging of America and the shift away from more costly hospital and nursing home care. These later two industries added only 3.7% and 1.2% more jobs, respectively, since 2009

Meanwhile, bars, restaurants and other food-service employers have also been adding to their payrolls. More than 10.8 million people now work in this industry, up 14.6% over the past six years.

And temporary help agencies saw their employment soar 52.5% during the Obama administration to just under 3 million.

Here’s a chart:

Can someone tell me what exactly are we spending this money on? Are we handing it to the super rich or something(aka wall street)??? Reagan, Nixon and George Hw Bush invested in infrastructure, science and r&d at higher rates then Obama! There's no way in hell 4-5% of our effin budget is causing this debt. Every president of the past 75 years did the same thing and it never caused debt like this. Not even close.

Is Obama secretly giving africa or the middle east a trillion dollars per year??? Is there something we don't know like in deep impact and our government is secretly blowing away untold dollars to prevent it?

Where is this money going? We've been investing in infrastructure, science and r&d at a higher rate then today for most of the past 100 years. This never caused us to have this kind of debt.

Where is it going? Is anyone going to ask this question?

-Geaux
------------------

Post-Crisis Scorecard Debt Up 57 Trillion 60 Of Jobs Created Are Low Level Record Youth Living With Parents Zero Hedge

On Friday, my Twitter stream was filled with some of the most outlandish bullish economic victory laps from pundits I’ve ever seen. The source was the monthly employment report, which showed a larger than expected increase in employment as well as higher wages. In addition, there was a huge upward revision to employment data in November. Interestingly enough, on the same day this report was released, several important articles came across my screen that make me as concerned as ever about the true state of the economy and where we are headed.

First, CNN Money just yesterday published an article titled: Obama Jobs: More Caregivers, Servers and Temps. Here are a few excerpts:

Got a job while Obama was president? Then there’s a good chance you are working in healthcare or food service or as a temp.

Those sectors were responsible more than 60% of the jobs created since Obama took office in January 2009.

Healthcare now employs 14.9 million Americans, up 11% over the past six years, according to a recent Pew Research Center report. More than one in 10 payroll jobs in the U.S. are in this industry.

Much of the job growth in healthcare has taken place in home health care services and outpatient care. That follows both the aging of America and the shift away from more costly hospital and nursing home care. These later two industries added only 3.7% and 1.2% more jobs, respectively, since 2009

Meanwhile, bars, restaurants and other food-service employers have also been adding to their payrolls. More than 10.8 million people now work in this industry, up 14.6% over the past six years.

And temporary help agencies saw their employment soar 52.5% during the Obama administration to just under 3 million.

Here’s a chart:

How is any of that attributable to the President?

-Geaux
------------------

Here’s a chart:

Meh, you're right. Obama is not responsible for the economy

-Geaux

-Geaux
------------------

Here’s a chart:

-Geaux

Most of the time, the President does not have any ability to exert any meaningful influence over the economy. Markets do what markets do, politics be damned.

Well, Obama is well on his way to Transforming you and your country

This is YOUR life he sees for all of you. ENJOY

Well, Obama is well on his way to Transforming you and your country

This is YOUR life he sees for all of you. ENJOY

Maybe you should take responsibility for your own life and stop depending on the government to provide your cheese.

-Geaux
------------------

Here’s a chart:

Even if any of the above were true, why are you blaming Obama?

And yet infinitely better then the best of the Bush years!

yeah, that must be why the people voted the Democrats out of CONGRESS in only SIX years under this reign of Obama's terror. some of you just don't want to face Reality. Your party and Obama sucks with the people in the country. tsk tsk

-Geaux
------------------

Here’s a chart:

-Geaux

Most of the time, the President does not have any ability to exert any meaningful influence over the economy. Markets do what markets do, politics be damned.

Ever since this nation got sucked into the global free trade vortex, we have been steadily spiraling down towards economic equilibrium with the rest of the world, most noticeably in wages for labor that is globally mobile.

What do you think the equilibrium number is for manufacturing jobs in the US paying 20 bucks and hour, and comparable jobs in China paying a buck an hour?

...that's what we're up against...

Ever since this nation got sucked into the global free trade vortex, we have been steadily spiraling down towards economic equilibrium with the rest of the world, most noticeably in wages for labor that is globally mobile.

What do you think the equilibrium number is for manufacturing jobs in the US paying 20 bucks and hour, and comparable jobs in China paying a buck an hour?

...that's what we're up against...

Cool story, bro.

Forum List

Back