Debate With Atheists/Leftists is Futile

Perhaps the question we need to look at is the actual nature of this "creator"
I believe that God is a very loving being. But I also believe that he put us here in this not-so-loving environment so that we can learn about hate and evil. Not only do we have our own experiences, but we can also learn from the experiences of hers. Upon dying, I believe that we go through additional learning and "purifying" in order that we can enter into Heaven and be with God himself. Many Christians, however, do NOT believe that there is any purifying process.

I also believe that God intentionally makes it unclear to us if he even exists so that we can be free to be good or bad. After all, most people know how to act when all eyes are upon them. It's what people do in the dark, when they believe nobody is watching, that demonstrates if they are truly a good person, or not.

God is so loving, that he made animals eat each other.... er..... if that's "love" then I'd hate to see hate.
--and that makes a lot of sense if ur a hateful person and hate is your way of life. My bet is that there's probably a lot more going on here but in case this is all there is to it please be aware that many of us are not so filled w/ hate and we see a LOT of good around us.

What a weird response.
not nearly as weird as yours.

Look, the rest of us are no where in the same ballpark as your doom'n'gloom, so when u decide to wake up & enjoy the good of this world there are a lot of us here loving life u can join. Meanwhile I may have to chalk u over to my "ignore" list; life is short.

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning…” - C.S. Lewis

Modern humanism is the faith that through science humankind can know the truth and still be free. But if Darwin’s theory of natural selection is true, this is impossible. The human mind serves evolutionary success, not truth! – John Gray

Last edited:
I believe that God is a very loving being. But I also believe that he put us here in this not-so-loving environment so that we can learn about hate and evil. Not only do we have our own experiences, but we can also learn from the experiences of hers. Upon dying, I believe that we go through additional learning and "purifying" in order that we can enter into Heaven and be with God himself. Many Christians, however, do NOT believe that there is any purifying process.

I also believe that God intentionally makes it unclear to us if he even exists so that we can be free to be good or bad. After all, most people know how to act when all eyes are upon them. It's what people do in the dark, when they believe nobody is watching, that demonstrates if they are truly a good person, or not.

God is so loving, that he made animals eat each other.... er..... if that's "love" then I'd hate to see hate.
--and that makes a lot of sense if ur a hateful person and hate is your way of life. My bet is that there's probably a lot more going on here but in case this is all there is to it please be aware that many of us are not so filled w/ hate and we see a LOT of good around us.

What a weird response.

Look, the rest of us are no where in the same ballpark as your doom'n'gloom, so when u decide to wake up & enjoy the good of this world there are a lot of us here loving life u can join. Meanwhile I may have to chalk u over to my "ignore" list; life is short.
I too put him on my ignore list as he has an agenda and is not engaging in genuine discussion.

No, we don't know the universe had a beginning.
Yea, we pretty much do. The expansion of the universe certainly indicates a beginning. You claim to be an agnostic but embrace any theory as long as it excludes a creator. You have an agenda and you don't engage in honest, genuine, discussion.

The title of this thread says it is futile to engage atheists, yet you persist in doing just that - casting pearls before swine, answering a fool according to his folly.

View attachment 501288

Yes, I took Jesus' advice and put him on "ignore".

What a weird response.

I too put him on my ignore list as he has an agenda and is not engaging in genuine discussion.
yeah, that's probably my best bet, thanks!

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning…” - C.S. Lewis

Modern humanism is the faith that through science humankind can know the truth and still be free. But if Darwin’s theory of natural selection is true, this is impossible. The human mind serves evolutionary success, not truth! – John Gray

^^^^ A graduate of the Jimmy Swaggert madrassah.

The first question I asked was evidence of God.
The universe. Life. Your existence. The "evidence" is overwhelming, but you simply won't accept any of it. So be it. Have a great day!
Just because we don't have all the answers to all the questions is itself not proof of gods
God! - and we Chrisrtains know the arguments of monotheists against gods - we made a big part of it on our own.
I say gods because we as humans have had many gods.

But gods and god is not comparable. It are totally different ... hmm ... "things" = ways to 'think'. Even the Hinduists see in gods only a single manifestation of god.

The thing is we have explained most of the other gods away as we came to understand the natural world.

natural world = creation of all 'visible' things (things which are in interaction)

We know what causes thunder,

Do I?

earthquakes and rain etc. We understand reproduction and birth.

Do we?

We no longer need gods to explain these things so we discarded those gods.

I don't know who your "we" is . I am for sure not a part of this what you call "we". The wonder of a birth keeps to be the wonder of a birth - although some know perhaps a little more today ... or other things ... than people knew 100 or 1000 or 10,000 years ago. What has this to do with the belief in god? The wonder of life keeps to be a wonder completelly independent how much we know about the wonder of life.

The 2 really big things we cannot answer with any certainty now is what happened just before the universe came to be
It existed no time "before" the creation started to exist. The mighty word of creation is a timeless word said Augustinus 1700 years ago. He said the question what was "before" is a senseless question. Same say today most phycicists.

and what happens to the self after we die.

Nothing. We are dead. If we are lucky god will call us back in this what I often called falsely "the end of time" because I thought everyone knows that such a formula is only a picture.

So we still have people believing in a god to explain those.

To believe in which god to explain what? A mother who lost her baby needs not to know which evil god had done this. She needs to know that god loves her, although such a terrible thing did happen to her. It's not good to be alone in such a situation - and in many, many, many other situations. And "knowledge" is in such situations ... okay ... it is not superflous - but it is also not the most important key in many cases of life.
We is the human race in general and if you don't know what causes thunder there is this thing called a search engine that will give you a link where you can find out.

Why do you think the universe must have some meaning?

Why can't the universe just be what it is and nothing more?

...A mother who lost her baby needs not to know which evil god had done this. She needs to know that god loves her, although such a terrible thing did happen to her...

Maybe we're getting off track here. We like reality. Sure, sometimes bad things happen to good people but that makes reality even more interesting. Where are u on this, are u happy & do u enjoy living?

What a weird response.

Yeah, if you're going to attack someone for "doom and gloom", rather than for being wrong, perhaps a politics forum isn't the best place for you.

What a weird response.

Absolutely hilarious.....

My "agenda" would be trying to find out the truth, or the closest we can get.

ChemEngineer

Jesus commanded that we not cast our pearls to swine and that we let "the dead bury their dead". He also commanded to "shake the dust" from one's sandals if another doesn't want to accept his teachings.

I agree that it is pointless to read the views of atheists and an even bigger waste of time to engage with them. They are spiritually blind and under the influence of the prince of this world, in whom they do not believe, of course.
I was born Greek Orthodox. I’m thinking about joining a white church. Which one should I join? Catholics, baptists, Protestants, bresbytarians, Lutherans, Mormons

What about Jews? They believe in god just not Jesus. They don’t buy that story.

Which should I join?

ChemEngineer

Jesus commanded that we not cast our pearls to swine and that we let "the dead bury their dead". He also commanded to "shake the dust" from one's sandals if another doesn't want to accept his teachings.

I agree that it is pointless to read the views of atheists and an even bigger waste of time to engage with them. They are spiritually blind and under the influence of the prince of this world, in whom they do not believe, of course.
I was born Greek Orthodox. I’m thinking about joining a white church. Which one should I join? Catholics, baptists, Protestants, bresbytarians, Lutherans, Mormons

Which should I join?

Kind of seems weird to be like "I'm going to pick some made up story and then live my life based around it."

The first question I asked was evidence of God.
The universe. Life. Your existence. The "evidence" is overwhelming, but you simply won't accept any of it. So be it. Have a great day!
Just because we don't have all the answers to all the questions is itself not proof of gods
God! - and we Chrisrtains know the arguments of monotheists against gods - we made a big part of it on our own.
I say gods because we as humans have had many gods.

But gods and god is not comparable. It are totally different ... hmm ... "things" = ways to 'think'. Even the Hinduists see in gods only a single manifestation of god.

The thing is we have explained most of the other gods away as we came to understand the natural world.

natural world = creation of all 'visible' things (things which are in interaction)

We know what causes thunder,

Do I?

earthquakes and rain etc. We understand reproduction and birth.

Do we?

We no longer need gods to explain these things so we discarded those gods.

I don't know who your "we" is . I am for sure not a part of this what you call "we". The wonder of a birth keeps to be the wonder of a birth - although some know perhaps a little more today ... or other things ... than people knew 100 or 1000 or 10,000 years ago. What has this to do with the belief in god? The wonder of life keeps to be a wonder completelly independent how much we know about the wonder of life.

The 2 really big things we cannot answer with any certainty now is what happened just before the universe came to be
It existed no time "before" the creation started to exist. The mighty word of creation is a timeless word said Augustinus 1700 years ago. He said the question what was "before" is a senseless question. Same say today most phycicists.

and what happens to the self after we die.

Nothing. We are dead. If we are lucky god will call us back in this what I often called falsely "the end of time" because I thought everyone knows that such a formula is only a picture.

So we still have people believing in a god to explain those.

To believe in which god to explain what? A mother who lost her baby needs not to know which evil god had done this. She needs to know that god loves her, although such a terrible thing did happen to her. It's not good to be alone in such a situation - and in many, many, many other situations. And "knowledge" is in such situations ... okay ... it is not superflous - but it is also not the most important key in many cases of life.
We is the human race in general

What means you see in spiritual human beings no human beings at all, super-racist.

and if you don't know what causes thunder there is this thing called a search engine that will give you a link where you can find out.

Thanks for this tipp. This is not one of the questions, which let's me not sleep - but if I like to know then I will take a look - if the internet will still exist in this days. Otherwise I will have to go another way to find this out.

And if you like to know something from god then read a little part of one of the thousands of tons of books we wrote about this theme. And if you like to get a good tipp directly from our big boss of all bosses then ask him just simple to give you a sign. Then watch the world all around you (and in you) where this sign could be and what it could say to you. Even if no sign will come - or if everything will be suddenly become a sign - then for sure afterwards you will know more about the world in which you live and perhaps you will also know more about the idiots, who tell you such things, and why they are such idiots.

Last edited:
ChemEngineer

Which should I join?
The Greek Orthodox Church. A famous member of her had been during his long life Prince Philipp, Duke of Edinburgh, for example.

Because it has structure.

It is what it is - with or without more. But it was always "more" - even when it was a not (=when it was nothing).

...A mother who lost her baby needs not to know which evil god had done this. She needs to know that god loves her, although such a terrible thing did happen to her...

Maybe we're getting off track here. We like reality. Sure, sometimes bad things happen to good people but that makes reality even more interesting. Where are u on this, are u happy & do u enjoy living?

Of course I enjoy living. I have worked hard to improve myself and I have come to a place where I am at peace with myself and the world around me.

I don't need to think that the universe or a tree has to have some meaning to it's existence.

I don't even have to believe my life has meaning to the universe or even to most people in order to be grateful for my short time on in this world.

Forum List

Back