Debate With Atheists/Leftists is Futile

That's ridiculous. How does the universe act as a piece of evidence for God?
It's ridiculous? LOL. If you and I were hiking in a forest and came upon a beautiful mansion, I would correctly say that the mansion had (obviously) a builder, aka "creator". But you, being the blind atheist, would refute my claim and argue that we don't know that the mansion had a builder. You would claim that the mansion built itself. Thanks for the laugh!

It's ridiculous? LOL. If you and I were hiking in a forest and came upon a beautiful mansion, I would correctly say that the mansion had (obviously) a builder, aka "creator". But you, being the blind atheist, would refute my claim and argue that we don't know that the mansion had a builder. You would claim that the mansion built itself. Thanks for the laugh!

The problem is that you're using analogies from Earth to try and comprehend the universe and what is BEYOND the universe.

I doesn't work like that.

Also, I'm not an atheist.

But here's something for your thoughts. Let's make an assumption that you're right. That the universe HAS TO HAVE BEEN CREATED BY GOD, because everything has to have been created.

We're walking through the forest, and you see a mansion and you say "that mansion was created by someone, has to have been", then I look at a moose and say "that moose was created by someone, has to have been".

That analogy is for God. If NOTHING can just come into existence, if EVERYTHING has to have been created, then WHO CREATED GOD?

"Go from the presence of a foolish man." - The Holy Bible

What is a foolish man?

"The fool hath said in his heart there is no God. - The Holy Bible

"Answer not a fool according to his folly lest thou be like unto him." - The Holy Bible

No matter what facts, no matter what evidence, what science, what compelling data and research you provide to Leftists/atheists, they will spin it, deny it, trivialize it, and completely refute it. So simply post an opening message for the good of thinking, rational people, and don't respond to lying atheists.
They're not worth your time and effort.

The effort necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude greater than the effort required to produce it. - Brandolini's Law

Further reading:
The Irrational Atheist by Vox Day and Illogical Atheism by Bo Jinn.

Excellent, persuasive books by former militant atheists.

The idea that he is a devotee of reason seeing through the outdated superstitions believed by less intelligent beings is the foremost conceit of the atheist. – page 7

… 72.9 percent of professors polled described the Bible as “an ancient book of fables, legends, history, and moral precepts,” compared to 17.5 percent of the general population. – page 15

… the High Church atheist’s undeveloped social skills are often so dramatic as to be reasonably described as a form of social autism. – page 16

Democrats are more than twice as likely to be someone who has dropped out of high school than to be an individual with a master’s degree. – page 19

Studies have shown that those without religion have life expectancies seven years shorter than the average churchgoer, are more likely to smoke, abuse alcohol and be depressed or obese, and they are much less likely to marry or have children. – page 20 (The Irrational Atheist)

---------------------------------
The atheist consequently finds himself committed to a set of logical contradictions; that he is free, except there is no such thing as freedom; that all men are basically good, though moral good itself is only useful fiction; and finally that his life has meaning in a universe that has none – or at least none that we can possibly know of at any rate. Modern atheism is… an abstract mess.- Line1950

In order to establish an explanation as the best, you do not have to have an explanation for the explanation. [That would necessitate explanations all the way down.] The universe has demonstrated that it requires an explanation. God has not. – 1989

“I just go one god further (in my atheism than do theists).” – Richard Dawkins, who finds this wordplay “an amusing strategy”. This is an example of the “fallacy of pluralism,” which is to say that since multiple representations of the same thing have been suggested, it follows that the very thing itself, therefore, does not exist. – 2019

Contemporary atheism does no resolve in the conclusion that God does not exist as much as it begins with it. – 2270

If the evidence from sociology is not powerful enough, we now have recent studies from the field of psychology which validate the ridiculousness of this fictional psychological pre-disposition to atheism. – 2385
(Illogical Atheism, Kindle Edition)

2 Corinthians 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

What a load of crap. As if anything in the bible should be quoted as fact other than the page numbers.

You godbotherers are having a contest about who knows the most bullshit from the bible.

if EVERYTHING has to have been created, then WHO CREATED GOD?
Are you familiar with the concept of "infinite regression"? Do you believe that infinite regression is possible?

I don't believe anything.

The logic behind infinite regression is bad.

Which basically means if your argument is "nothing can be made from nothing" then either things existed without being created, or they don't exist at all.

If God can have existed without being created, then why can't matter?

Ive heard that childish comparison to justify a creator a hundred times. That proves nothing when compared to what science and physics now know as fact.
That is not one them

Well, we know that the universe had a beginning and so, therefore, it has NOT always been in existence.

Something or someone OUTSIDE of this realm that we call "the universe" had to cause it, and everything in it, to come into existence.

And the fact that everything is so perfectly designed demonstrates that an intelligent being caused all of it as opposed to some "natural", chaotic event.

It's plainly obvious that we have a creator. Only the most delusional (or spiritually blinded) people look at all of this evidence and logic and claim anything else.

Well, we know that the universe had a beginning and so, therefore, it has NOT always been in existence.

Something or someone OUTSIDE of this realm that we call "the universe" had to cause it, and everything in it, to come into existence.

And the fact that everything is so perfectly designed demonstrates that an intelligent being caused all of it as opposed to some "natural", chaotic event.

It's plainly obvious that we have a creator. Only the most delusional (or spiritually blinded) people look at all of this evidence and logic and claim anything else.
Perhaps the question we need to look at is the actual nature of this "creator". Some may argue that the creative process is "just how it works" and it's our job to learn more. That should put us all in agreement w/ the remaining difference being how we are to relate to this creative process.

Perhaps the question we need to look at is the actual nature of this "creator"
I believe that God is a very loving being. But I also believe that he put us here in this not-so-loving environment so that we can learn about hate and evil. Not only do we have our own experiences, but we can also learn from the experiences of hers. Upon dying, I believe that we go through additional learning and "purifying" in order that we can enter into Heaven and be with God himself. Many Christians, however, do NOT believe that there is any purifying process.

I also believe that God intentionally makes it unclear to us if he even exists so that we can be free to be good or bad. After all, most people know how to act when all eyes are upon them. It's what people do in the dark, when they believe nobody is watching, that demonstrates if they are truly a good person, or not.

Who said it was perfectly designed? Where else have you been in the universe and witnessed the massive chaos of stars colliding etc?
And your ignorant believe in a creator gives you the right to assume he did it. You poor lumps haven't even established the existence of any creator yet now you are determining his previous tasks and probably predicting his future.
Do you ever listen to yourself and this God rubbish? You all act like you have the answers but when the heat is turned up you all melt.

No, we don't know the universe had a beginning.

There's a theory that there was the Big Bang. Now, the Big Bang might not have been the beginning. It might be a thing that happens every 100 billion years or so (depending on how time works, and we're not even sure on that one).

Literally the universe could be like a tire inner tube, only one part of it has an elastic band around it and there's only enough space in that gap for a few atoms to pass through.

So all the energy, mass etc moves away from the Big Bang but is all headed back around towards where the Big Bang happened, everything smashes into everything else in order to get through that small hole at the same time and then WHAM, another Big Bang.

Everything is so "perfectly designed"? Er... no it's not. How would you even describe "perfect" in terms of the universe? We don't know how big the universe is, we don't know what's at the edge, if there's an edge, we don't know how many universes there could be, if there's an outside to the universe.

Literally, our ignorance of the universe is so great right now.....

It's not "plainly obvious we have a creator", it's plainly obvious we know almost nothing about our universe and that we've decided to fill in the gaps with a load of crap.

Perhaps the question we need to look at is the actual nature of this "creator"
I believe that God is a very loving being. But I also believe that he put us here in this not-so-loving environment so that we can learn about hate and evil. Not only do we have our own experiences, but we can also learn from the experiences of hers. Upon dying, I believe that we go through additional learning and "purifying" in order that we can enter into Heaven and be with God himself. Many Christians, however, do NOT believe that there is any purifying process.

I also believe that God intentionally makes it unclear to us if he even exists so that we can be free to be good or bad. After all, most people know how to act when all eyes are upon them. It's what people do in the dark, when they believe nobody is watching, that demonstrates if they are truly a good person, or not.

God is so loving, that he made animals eat each other.... er..... if that's "love" then I'd hate to see hate.

God is so loving, that he made animals eat each other.... er..... if that's "love" then I'd hate to see hate.
You're presuming that, if there is a creator, he is a hateful being. Why do you assume to know such things?

No, we don't know the universe had a beginning.
Yea, we pretty much do. The expansion of the universe certainly indicates a beginning. You claim to be an agnostic but embrace any theory as long as it excludes a creator. You have an agenda and you don't engage in honest, genuine, discussion.

So be happy that you never saw hate. And what's your idea why animals are made out of the startdust which was produced when suns were dying?

You're presuming that, if there is a creator, he is a hateful being. Why do you assume to know such things?

I'm not assuming anything. Firstly I'm not assuming there is a creator.

What I'm saying is God always has HUMAN characteristics. And because of this, we can more or less see that God is a HUMAN CONSTRUCT, rather than a thing that exists out there.

When we talk about "hate", it's from a human perspective, not from any other perspective.

We think killing is wrong. But there are many, many exceptions to our list.

Because we see it from a human perspective. We couldn't give a damn about chickens because we can't humanize them. But cats, well, we personify them all the time.

Now, the Big Bang might not have been the beginning. It might be a thing that happens every 100 billion years
There you go. There's your "Anything but God" theology at work.

What on Earth are you talking about?

I literally replied to a "Well, we know the universe had a beginning" statement, and now you're attacking me for talking about WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT?

Forum List

Back