Debate focus group favors Trump...

I think Trump had a better debate despite his constant lies. But we are numb to those after 3.5 years. I think Biden will win the election on account of Trump being a total choad
7.5 of 11 undecideds broke for Trump...one decided Biden...two were still undecided and .5 decided to skip voting. (One of the 11 was 50/50 vote Trump or skip the election.

If that is a microcosm of the general electorate...Trump wins.

And Biden really stepped in it going against oil. Put a nail in Biden's election coffin for PA, OH and any hail mary TX aspirations ...he lost them. Maybe Michigan too...and that's just on oil and fracking related jobs. No one wants to see $4 gas again when we're struggling economically due to Covid19 shutdowns. THEN Biden doubled down on shutdowns.

I think he lost the election tonight.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

What he should had said is something like "we, like the entire world is transitioning away from oil, we will do so slowly and rationally to protect jobs and transition them into the energy jobs of the future. Oil jobs are going in future no matter who is President, but I as President will offer the workers a path to the energy jobs of the future."

The world is moving away from oil slowly, so of the writing is on the wall that most of the Gulf Oil states are planning for post oil export economies.

But Biden just saying you are going to cut it would leave a lot of workers in those industries wondering?

But those jobs are going in the next 20 to 30 years no matter who is President.
Biden did not say to cut it. He literally said what you are saying.. his plan is to cut emissions by 2050.

I think Trump had a better debate despite his constant lies. But we are numb to those after 3.5 years. I think Biden will win the election on account of Trump being a total choad
7.5 of 11 undecideds broke for Trump...one decided Biden...two were still undecided and .5 decided to skip voting. (One of the 11 was 50/50 vote Trump or skip the election.

And Biden really stepped in it going against oil. Put a nail in Biden's election coffin for PA, OH and any hail mary TX aspirations ...he lost them. Maybe Michigan too...and that's just on oil and fracking related jobs. No one wants to see $4 gas again when we're struggling economically due to Covid19 shutdowns. THEN Biden doubled down on shutdowns.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

What he should had said is something like "we, like the entire world is transitioning away from oil, we will do so slowly and rationally to protect jobs and transition them into the energy jobs of the future. Oil jobs are going in future no matter who is President, but I as President will offer the workers a path to the energy jobs of the future."

The world is moving away from oil slowly, so of the writing is on the wall that most of the Gulf Oil states are planning for post oil export economies.

But Biden just saying you are going to cut it would leave a lot of workers in those industries wondering?

Biden did not say to cut it. He literally said what you are saying.. his plan is to cut emissions by 2050.

“I would transition away from the oil industry, yes. The oil industry pollutes, significantly. It has to be replaced by renewable energy over time.”

Now everyone who knows about his more detailed energy plans understands what he means, slow, thoughtful transition, but this is a debate, you are throwing out tag lines.

That statement is too vague and can be easily spun as an attack on oil jobs.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

“I would transition away from the oil industry, yes. The oil industry pollutes, significantly. It has to be replaced by renewable energy over time.”

Now everyone who knows about his more detailed energy plans understands what he means, slow, thoughtful transition, but this is a debate, you are throwing out tag lines.

An overall energy balance shows you can't replace oil unless you put a lot of nuclear to work.

Did Biden say anything about nuclear ? No. He'd trigger a huge mob if he did.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

An overall energy balance shows you can't replace oil unless you put a lot of nuclear to work.

Even the gulf states know it is on it's way out, slowly yes, but on its way out.

Australia where I live is moving at break neck speed off the oil addiction, replacing with natural gas and clean sources of renewables. Most of Europe too is moving as quickly as they can off it.

Many countries are now banning gas powered cars in 20 years.

Even a China heavily reliant on it as a manufacturing economy is doing just what you said, going nuclear as well as every other energy source they can find to get off it as quickly as they can.

There is no long term future for oil.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

Even the gulf states know it is on it's way out, slowly yes, but on its way out.

Australia where I live is moving at break neck speed off the oil addiction, replacing with natural gas and clean sources of renewables. Most of Europe too is moving as quickly as they can off it.

Even a China heavily reliant on it as a manufacturing economy is doing just what you said, going nuclear as well as every other energy source they can find to get off it as quickly as they can.

I heard that 30 years ago.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

I heard that 30 years ago.

Except it is already happening right now, unlike just a wish 30 years ago.

Word of advise, you live in America.

Rent a nice Uber car, work for food or become a drug dealer, the real growing industries in the USA.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

You are right that statement is too vague. He did say 2050 and laid out the plan in a separate statement though. But with the way the news is I guess they can take that clip and make it seem like he’s talking about cutting oil completely which is not true.

Trump has YET to tell us what's HIS plan for the country were we to reward him with another 4 years.
So, you want Trump to make a bunch of empty promises to the electorate like Biden has been doing? Sorta reads like that. On the other hand Trump's works & resulting successes stand on their own merit. Especially in the areas of the economy & national security. He could have done more were it not for a hostile House & the lying Trump hating media both of which have fought & hindered him all the way.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

You are right that statement is too vague. He did say 2050 and laid out the plan in a separate statement though. But with the way the news is I guess they can take that clip and make it seem like he’s talking about cutting oil completely which is not true.

I do not think that is big enough even distorted by Trump in the next two weeks to sink Biden, but I just saw it as a debate slip.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

Perhaps that’s the case. Or perhaps technology gets better and we are able to go all clean. Never know until you try it.

How is anyone undecided at this point...?
Not everyone is as politically engaged as we are.

As important as it is...I look back longingly on my first 30 years of life when politics wasn't even on my radar. It's true that ignorance can be bliss.
I was the same, but trump and the toxicity he brought out against many including minorities which i'm part of I had to be involved....if there was Pence or Romney for say I wouldn't care much at all. Trump is a wannabe dictator and the biggest asshole I have seen on public life.

This is a real point.

The Biden oil statement.

I do not think that is big enough even distorted by Trump in the next two weeks to sink Biden, but I just saw it as a debate slip.
I sure hope not... it’s going to be disgusting to watch

I don’t believe any of that crap. People know who they are voting for

You'd only believe it if 7 broke for Biden. :eusa_whistle:
I wouldn’t believe that either. The only undecideds are those who don’t like either candidate and aren’t sure if they will even vote. Nobody is trying to decided between Biden and Trump

trump will pull a ton more undecideds after tonight then sleepy.
Haha. You think there are undecideds? Ok buddy

I think Trump won a large percentage of those suburban women with tonight's presidential conduct. Trump= doer, Leader. Biden=decrepit elitist. Yesterday's news.
Oh you mean he didn’t interrupt and insult like an 8th grade bully like he did last time? Oh how impressive!

Forum List

Back