Dear Restaurant Owner.

The independent restaurant business is one of the toughest businesses to pull a profit and survive on.
And that is usually if they also have a liquor license as that is where the profits are to help with the food end of the business. If it is only a beer and wine license, that business will likely fail as the profit margin is much lower in those beverages than in hard liquor. The only way for that business to barely succeed is by volume.

The highest profit margin businesses are Mexican restaurants, as you may well know, and they can sometimes make it in very lean times with just a beer and wine license if they are well established and have long had a bustling clientele.

Say whatever you want to, but in my opinion Restaurants DO have a choice. Raising prices due to inflation is understandable and to a certain degree I agree with the restaurant owner. Bur I also have noticed and very often that some restaurants have been taking advantage of the situation and are OVERLY raising their prices, as for Credit Card charges, this is and always was added on the the restaurants mark-up on their prices. So doing both (raising Prices and charging for the use of Credit Cards ) is over doing a situation I definitely do not go out to eat as often as I used to.and when I do, I definitely look at prices before I order. . Especially when alcohol is involved. The nickle and dimeing BS has gotten out of hand. Many places have both Raised the prices drastically on drinks, and are either using a smaller glass, or not giving a decent pour. And that really makes me angry, as there is such a is a huge mark up on drinks.
So if you care about keeping your customers happy by being flexible and accommodating, don't over due the Nickle, and Dimeing, and don’t look for every angle to charge more. . It's going to cost you costumers trust me,Let you costumers eat and drink and be happy that they came to your restaurant. And believe me, if you don’t, they will fond a place where someone else will. The People that you serve are hurting as much as you are.
stop voting for democrats if you want the cost of goods and services to go down.... how long will it take for you people to wake up?... how bad do things have to get before you will wake up?....

The quality in restaurants has definitely gone down the tubes.
I'd rather pay more and get good food but then it also may be they just cant get the good stuff anymore.
We havent gone out to eat in years because of it. Better off making something at home.

Don't blame the businessman for democrat anti business laws taxes and regulations.... just stop voting for democrats and the cost to eat out will level out.... in fact the cost of everything will go down...
This is what I mean when I say Republicans are the party of the rich. Sounds to me like Corporations prefer Republicans. So Labor prefers Democrats.

Actually, Democrats know there is a fine line where you can make both the rich and labor happy. Republicans will destroy the middle class. They argue instead of paying 50 guys $100,000 it's better to pay 100 guys 50k.

We eat out about once a month now instead of once a week.
Main reason we don't go now, is post-Covid and GenZs not wanting to work - restaurants are understaffed and those that do work there - don't care.
Quality has gone down several notches, prices have gone up due to inflation... so yeah... paying more for lower quality product and subpar service - no thanks.

We eat out about once a month now instead of once a week.
Main reason we don't go now, is post-Covid and GenZs not wanting to work - restaurants are understaffed and those that do work there - don't care.
Quality has gone down several notches, prices have gone up due to inflation... so yeah... paying more for lower quality product and subpar service - no thanks.
We have a shit load of people on the border looking to come to America. How many unfilled jobs do you think your town can't fill? 20? 30? We will send 30 your way. My town could use 100. We will take 100.

By the last business day of January 2023, there were about 10.82 million job openings in the United States.

This is what I mean when I say Republicans are the party of the rich. Sounds to me like Corporations prefer Republicans. So Labor prefers Democrats.

Actually, Democrats know there is a fine line where you can make both the rich and labor happy. Republicans will destroy the middle class. They argue instead of paying 50 guys $100,000 it's better to pay 100 guys 50k.
Its dems that have become the party of the super rich... it must of happened while you were asleep....

Its dems that have become the party of the super rich... it must of happened while you were asleep....
Sort of like Republicans freed slaves and passed Civil Rights legislation but today they worship Democrat Robert E Lee and pass laws that make it harder for blacks to vote just like in the movie Mississippi burning?

You just said Democrats hurt corporations. Walmart is a rich corporation with rich owners. Walmart has always loved Republicans.

For every dollar the rich give Democrats, they give Republicans $100 in dark money. That's why republicans passed citizens united.

I agree with Fox about you

Tucker Carlson’s Ex-Producer Called Election Deniers ‘Terrorists... Cousin F**king Types’​

Sort of like Republicans freed slaves and passed Civil Rights legislation but today they worship Democrat Robert E Lee and pass laws that make it harder for blacks to vote just like in the movie Mississippi burning?

You just said Democrats hurt corporations. Walmart is a rich corporation with rich owners. Walmart has always loved Republicans.

For every dollar the rich give Democrats, they give Republicans $100 in dark money. That's why republicans passed citizens united.

I agree with Fox about you

Tucker Carlson’s Ex-Producer Called Election Deniers ‘Terrorists... Cousin F**king Types’​

Republicans who have entered politics over the last decade do a better job for the middle and lower class than rich dems do....

Republicans who have entered politics over the last decade do a better job for the middle and lower class than rich dems do....
That's what you claim but I call bullshit on that.

Also notice, your leader is, the rich. He's the classic definition of a swamp creature. Hiring fixers, always in court, doesn't pay his taxes, shady charity and university.

And are you sure you like those Republicans? Because most of the time you're calling them RINO's. I believe today you only like Trump Republicans. A very small fraction of the Republican party. And they haven't been around for decades. So now you are defending rino globalists deep staters? I'm so confused.

That's what you claim but I call bullshit on that.

Also notice, your leader is, the rich. He's the classic definition of a swamp creature. Hiring fixers, always in court, doesn't pay his taxes, shady charity and university.

And are you sure you like those Republicans? Because most of the time you're calling them RINO's. I believe today you only like Trump Republicans. A very small fraction of the Republican party. And they haven't been around for decades. So now you are defending rino globalists deep staters? I'm so confused.

Say whatever you want to, but in my opinion Restaurants DO have a choice. Raising prices due to inflation is understandable and to a certain degree I agree with the restaurant owner. Bur I also have noticed and very often that some restaurants have been taking advantage of the situation and are OVERLY raising their prices, as for Credit Card charges, this is and always was added on the the restaurants mark-up on their prices. So doing both (raising Prices and charging for the use of Credit Cards ) is over doing a situation I definitely do not go out to eat as often as I used to.and when I do, I definitely look at prices before I order. . Especially when alcohol is involved. The nickle and dimeing BS has gotten out of hand. Many places have both Raised the prices drastically on drinks, and are either using a smaller glass, or not giving a decent pour. And that really makes me angry, as there is such a is a huge mark up on drinks.
So if you care about keeping your customers happy by being flexible and accommodating, don't over due the Nickle, and Dimeing, and don’t look for every angle to charge more. . It's going to cost you costumers trust me,Let you costumers eat and drink and be happy that they came to your restaurant. And believe me, if you don’t, they will fond a place where someone else will. The People that you serve are hurting as much as you are.
Behind any restaurant that adds a plastic surcharge is an owner with a safe full of untaxed cash.

Forum List

Back