Dear Mr. Romney

Great soundbite but my first thought is "will he live by that principle if he becomes President?"

Immie

It would be refreshing to see both parties working together. An extremist like Perry will fortify the Tea Party mantra, which is to take compromise and reason off the table. The GOP lost the Senate in 2010 because they allowed the Tea Party extemist to nominate loons. If the GOP allows the Tea Party to do the same thing with the 2012 nominee and end up with Perry or Bachmann, then they will suffer the same fate in 2012 with the White House. Independent Voters will not support extremist on either side of the political arena. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!

I have to agree.

I agree as well. I’m sure we all agree; I believe republicans, libertarians, conservatives, and the right in general all love America and want what’s best for the Nation.

The question is, however, do they understand America. Do they understand that the United States is a Constitutional Republic, ruled by laws, not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly. Do they understand that the states and the people of those states are subject to the rule of law, regardless the opinion of the majority.

It’s appropriate to wonder, given the statements of other GOP candidates for president. Most advocate, for example, that the states may decide who is or is not entitled to his right to privacy with regard to abortion or who may or may not have access to his state’s law with regard to same-sex marriage, in violation of the 14th Amendment.

It’s understood that many on the right believe abortion and same-sex marriage to be ‘wrong,’ but that’s no justification for civil rights violations. One does not forfeit his civil rights simply because he’s a minority in a given jurisdiction. Nor must he be compelled to flee that jurisdiction to another in order to realize his civil rights.

Consider the prospect that the majority of the people of a given state would endorse a law making Christianity the Official State Religion – where state office holders and employees must acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Personal Lord and Savior as a condition of holding a state position. However shocking this may be, there are indeed Jews and Muslims in this hypothetical state who would be adversely affected by such a law.

Some might argue the above example is ridiculous and clearly un-Constitutional, that no state would endeavor to do such a thing. But that’s strange and inconsistent, because advocating states be allowed to ban abortion or same-sex marriage is no different than allowing them to establish an official state religion.

Are these GOP candidates ignorant of these facts concerning the Constitution or in contempt of them – that Federal legislation is the supreme law of the land, that the states are subject to these laws accordingly, that the Supreme Court determines what the Constitution means, and that the Court’s decisions are binding upon the states.

Do they understand the fact that the 14th Amendment incorporates the Bill of Rights to the states, that their citizens must be given equal access to, and equal protection of, the laws of the states.

Again, one truly has to wonder.

And conservatives may indeed not like these facts or even disagree with them, but they’re required to acknowledge and honor them.

It would be refreshing to see both parties working together. An extremist like Perry will fortify the Tea Party mantra, which is to take compromise and reason off the table. The GOP lost the Senate in 2010 because they allowed the Tea Party extemist to nominate loons. If the GOP allows the Tea Party to do the same thing with the 2012 nominee and end up with Perry or Bachmann, then they will suffer the same fate in 2012 with the White House. Independent Voters will not support extremist on either side of the political arena. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!

Correct. There are immutable truths in American politics: one is no one gets elected president without moderates, independents, and a good number of democrats. And democrats in particular will have nothing to do with Perry or Bachmann.

I have to agree.

“Democrats love America. Republicans love America. Independents love America,” he said. “We have different views sometimes, but there’s common ground that can be found. …It’s a nation we have here. We can’t keep on doing things on a highly divided basis.”

Romney keeps focus on Obama from Political Intelligence

Perry has great hair. Women will vote for him if only for that.

50% in the bag.

That is a very insulting remark.

I have to agree.

“Democrats love America. Republicans love America. Independents love America,” he said. “We have different views sometimes, but there’s common ground that can be found. …It’s a nation we have here. We can’t keep on doing things on a highly divided basis.”

Romney keeps focus on Obama from Political Intelligence

Perry has great hair. Women will vote for him if only for that.

50% in the bag.
This is true. I have also read where many women vote based on who they think is more attractive. Remember the "vote for the guy you'd want to have a beer with" analogy that was ascribed to males? There is also a correlation between those who get thier *cough* "news" from TV :rolleyes:
Candidate
"Voters who watch a lot of television but don't really know much about the candidates besides how they look are particularly susceptible," Chappell Lawson, coauthor of the study, told MIT News. "The size of the effect is roughly equivalent to the influence of incumbency."

$FoxNews_large.gif

Last edited:
Compromise should be off the table. Your liberal ideals are disgusting and damaging to the fabric of our country.

Typical Tea Bagger. Agree with me or go away. That is your mantra. But thanks for giving me the points in yoyr Rep. Next time, hit the Neg Rep button...:lol:

I'm not predicting a damn thing, myself. We could very well see the Teahad wing of the GOP get even more powerful after next election with the way things are going.

Forum List

Back