Dear Americans,

Calmdown

Rookie
Nov 6, 2016
Not being an american I can't vote in this election, and for the first time, I really wish I could. It seems many americans are considering not voting, because they don't like either canditate. I can understand if you're fed up with this ridiculous election campaign, at times it's been like watching chimps screaming at eachother.
The thing is, not voting is also an action, which will have a result, and affect the outcome of the election. As a citizen in a democracy you have rights (which are valuble and not to be taken for granted), but also a responsibility. Forgive me, but not voting because you don't like your candidate seems a bit self-indulgent and irresponsible. It's very frustrating to hear that some of you don't want to vote, for all of us who can't. Unless you really, truly believe it doesn't matter which candidate wins, you should vote. It's not about any one individual's feelings towards their candidate, it's about the future of the country and the world. Maybe in this election you need vote with your brain, not your heart, or any other body part.
"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" (JFK). Well, this is a great opportunity to do something for your country.
With love from Europe.

Not being an american I can't vote in this election, and for the first time, I really wish I could. It seems many americans are considering not voting, because they don't like either canditate. I can understand if you're fed up with this ridiculous election campaign, at times it's been like watching chimps screaming at eachother.
The thing is, not voting is also an action, which will have a result, and affect the outcome of the election. As a citizen in a democracy you have rights (which are valuble and not to be taken for granted), but also a responsibility. Forgive me, but not voting because you don't like your candidate seems a bit self-indulgent and irresponsible. It's very frustrating to hear that some of you don't want to vote, for all of us who can't. Unless you really, truly believe it doesn't matter which candidate wins, you should vote. It's not about any one individual's feelings towards their candidate, it's about the future of the country and the world. Maybe in this election you need vote with your brain, not your heart, or any other body part.
"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" (JFK). Well, this is a great opportunity to do something for your country.
With love from Europe.
So like... Who's sock are you?

With love from Europe.
This will be the first time I voted since voting for Pat Buchanan in 2000. Because, as you said, it truly didn't matter. But this election here matters more than, quite possibly, any previous one. You know it's important by the mere fact none of the mediazis are calling it "historic". (McCain/Obama? Historic! Romney/Obama? Historic! Bush/Gore? Historic!)The polls open in two hours and twenty minutes. I'm showered, drinking coffee, and ready to go. Trump!

Forum List

Back