Dean Koontz and Wuhan, 1981?

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
The Bedford County native, 74, who now lives in California, has climbed the list of most-searched topics on the internet, and been lighting up social media sites, after readers noted similarities — striking on the surface — between the plot of Koontz’s 1981 thriller “The Eyes of Darkness” and the coronavirus dubbed COVID-19 that appeared in China. The virus has spread across the globe, infecting more than 75,000 people in China, with more than 2,000 deaths attributed to the illness, which first came to the attention of the world in the city of Wuhan.

Particularly eye-catching was this quote from the book:

“They call the stuff “Wuhan-400” because it was developed at their RDNA labs outside of the city of Wuhan and it was the four-hundredth viable strain of man-made microorganisms created at that research centre.”

Perhaps making the quote even more chilling is the real-life existence of a high-level bio-research lab, the Wuhan Institute of Virology........

Chilling coincidence? Similarities between Koontz book, virus outbreak draw global attention

Wuhan is where most bird flu and other new viruses originate...not surprised he used it in his novel....good read...if you haven't read it you should but you may want to wait a while....

The Bedford County native, 74, who now lives in California, has climbed the list of most-searched topics on the internet, and been lighting up social media sites, after readers noted similarities — striking on the surface — between the plot of Koontz’s 1981 thriller “The Eyes of Darkness” and the coronavirus dubbed COVID-19 that appeared in China. The virus has spread across the globe, infecting more than 75,000 people in China, with more than 2,000 deaths attributed to the illness, which first came to the attention of the world in the city of Wuhan.

“They call the stuff “Wuhan-400” because it was developed at their RDNA labs outside of the city of Wuhan and it was the four-hundredth viable strain of man-made microorganisms created at that research centre.”

Perhaps making the quote even more chilling is the real-life existence of a high-level bio-research lab, the Wuhan Institute of Virology........

Chilling coincidence? Similarities between Koontz book, virus outbreak draw global attention
I was actually thinking about stephen king and "captain trips".

Well, the Dow didn't lose 1,000+ points today because this shit is going away real soon.

That was just the excuse they needed to pick your pocket if you're dumb enough to let them.
your pocket only got picked if ya sold. no pocket pickin g here just the nature of economics the scared and the stupid are rarely successfull. I just wish I was not in middle of divorce plenty of buyin g opportunities out there right now and I have no access to my money. Fucking courts! Fcking ex! I have my eyes on a new boat at a deal and can't buy that either.

In the first edition of The Eyes Of Darkness, the virus was originally called 'Gorki-400', after the Russian city where Koontz originally wrote the bioweapons lab. After the Soviet Union fell in 1991, Koontz apparently changed later editions to make China the villain.

A fictional plot from a 1981 Dean Koontz novel predicted that a virus originating in Wuhan would cause a global biological pandemic, but despite the creepy similarities to real life, Snopes soon concluded after an “investigation” that the parallels were “mostly false.”
1981 Dean Koontz Novel Predicted Virus Outbreak Originating in Wuhan

-------------------------------------

Well isn't that interesting almost everyone has heard of D.K.

In the first edition of The Eyes Of Darkness, the virus was originally called 'Gorki-400', after the Russian city where Koontz originally wrote the bioweapons lab. After the Soviet Union fell in 1991, Koontz apparently changed later editions to make China the villain.

Good info :)

Well, the Dow didn't lose 1,000+ points today because this shit is going away real soon.

That was just the excuse they needed to pick your pocket if you're dumb enough to let them.
your pocket only got picked if ya sold. no pocket pickin g here just the nature of economics the scared and the stupid are rarely successfull. I just wish I was not in middle of divorce plenty of buyin g opportunities out there right now and I have no access to my money. Fucking courts! Fcking ex! I have my eyes on a new boat at a deal and can't buy that either.
Too bad and sorry to here it. Fate often has a way of using time and current events to twist the knife. But as they say it's often darkest before the dawn, so stick to it.

Forum List

Back