Dealing with Refugee Camps and Shantytowns Post-SHTF

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE

Dealing with Refugee Camps and Shantytowns Post-SHTF

3/6/2023

Picture

The situation in South Africa, particularly the shantytowns that are taking over got me thinking about this topic. It is an ugly, unpleasant one but refugee camps are a sore that if allowed to fester will plague all those near them. In uncivil and dangerous times, disagreeable and unsavory tactics may need to be used to protect you and yours. Note: this an adaptation from my non-fiction book Suburban Defense: A cop's guide to surviving riots, civil war, SHTF, or modern urban combat, available on Amazon.

From the Syrian Civil war on back through history, civilians who have lost their homes or are seeking to avoid becoming a casualty of conflict have sought refuge in areas less affected or unaffected by tragedy. This means that if dense urban areas become battlegrounds or unsurvivable, the residents will move out to the suburbs and countryside.

The overwhelming majority of people will be unprepared for even short term disruptions in the financial and logistical systems. Even those who did prepare may find themselves dispossessed of home and supplies. You may even become one of the destitute. Having nothing and limited prospects of survival makes people desperate.

A desperate band of refugees who has been camping in a field next to your neighborhood and starving may one day decide to try and overrun your defenses in order to kill you, eat your food, and live in your houses. While this sounds extreme, it is not outside the realm of possibility and violent attempts

Continue at

I've though a lot about this situation myself as I'm sure some of you have ......a good read though

The emergency plan for my AO calls for shutting down all the exits on I-66 coming out of NOtVA in case there a attack on the DC/Merto area where they have to evacuate.

Both east and west lanes will be converted to west-bound only till they get to I-81.....I really don't know what happens to them after that.....Don't really care.....No shanty towns for us. ;)

Forum List

Back