Dead that do not decompose

It's pure nonsense and it's shameful that it's being promoted.
This should be as damaging to Christianity's cause as was the intelligent design fake ideas.

It's pure nonsense and it's shameful that it's being promoted.
This should be as damaging to Christianity's cause as was the intelligent design fake ideas.
You make a good point. If this is just hucksters continuing a carnival-type side show then I agree with you 100%

Seriously, I have an hour long documentary from PBS on a very high up buddhist monk who upon passing away, his corpse did not decay.
I guess I just don't get around in dead circles much.

I guess I just don't get around in dead circles much.

You don't have to. 99% of the documentary was about the monk's life, they just mentioned in passing at the end that when he passed away, his body stayed looking fresh and normal and did not deteriorate at all. There have been other records of such events in very high spiritual people.

I may be mistaken, but I faintly remember reading the theory that maybe those highly religious people ate such a spartan diet that it would help preserve their bodies after death.

The Incorruptibles: saints whose corpses never decay Interesting real-life strange situation. After all this time their bodies are still intact.

That's how you proved they were saint material at one point. This is one of those issues that led to the Reformation (eventually) and then the Counter Reformation.

All of that was started under Ambrose of Milan and it is very Christian. Milan didn't have any martyrs. Ambrose made a couple up. Everyone was aware of the diseases associated with decomposing bodies. That was not a pagan thing. In fact, Theodosius I had just passed some laws and Ambrose was all about circumventing them.

There was a lot of money made off of body parts and the bodies in pilgrimages and indulgences. The problem is that they do decompose and they often have wax on their faces and hands. There was a whole lot of stealing bodies or someone would die and someone would cut off a finger and then came the push for sainthood. Body parts were divided up. There was worshipping of multiple vials of Mary's breast milk and blood soaked items from the crucifixion. Crucifixions didn't have a lot of blood. They had to work through that. How do you justify having blood soaked stuff with this incorruptible concept? Shrines that had been pagan became destinations with Saint's body parts and there was always someone to collect the donations.

The whole thing became insane.

Last edited:
That's how you proved they were saint material at one point. This is one of those issues that led to the Reformation (eventually) and then the Counter Reformation.

All of that was started under Ambrose of Milan and it is very Christian. Milan didn't have any martyrs. Ambrose made a couple up. Everyone was aware of the diseases associated with decomposing bodies. That was not a pagan thing. In fact, Theodosius I had just passed some laws and Ambrose was all about circumventing them.

There was a lot of money made off of body parts and the bodies in pilgrimages and indulgences. The problem is that they do decompose and they often have wax on their faces and hands. There was a whole lot of stealing bodies or someone would die and someone would cut off a finger and then came the push for sainthood. Body parts were divided up. There was worshipping of multiple vials of Mary's breast milk and blood soaked items from the crucifixion. Crucifixions didn't have a lot of blood. They had to work through that. How do you justify having blood soaked stuff with this incorruptible concept? Shrines that had been pagan became destinations with Saints body parts and there was always someone to collect the donations.

The whole thing became insane.
I agree it was insane, to me lots of hucksterism was involved in those times. Meaning no offense to anyone, the fact that they are still intact is still an interesting occurrence. I am Christian myself but look at things like this with suspicion.

I agree it was insane, to me lots of hucksterism was involved in those times. Meaning no offense to anyone, the fact that they are still intact is still an interesting occurrence. I am Christian myself but look at things like this with suspicion.
I'm not trying to offend anyone either. There is no way to circumvent the history. It shouldn't surprise anyone that there were people that took advantage of other people and it didn't matter what you believed in. Ambrose was pagan and then Christian and became a Bishop in one week. One. That's all that it took.

Yogananda Paramahansa
According to the book Divine Interventions: True Stories of Mysteries and Miracles That Change Lives, for three weeks after his death Yogananda's body "showed no signs of physical deterioration and 'his unchanged face shone with the divine luster of incorruptibility.'" A notarized letter from Harry T. Rowe, the mortuary director, added: "The absence of any visual signs of decay … offers the most extraordinary case in our experience.... This state of perfect preservation of a body is, so far as we know from mortuary annals, an unparalleled one.... Yogananda's body was apparently in a phenomenal state of immutability.... No odor of decay emanated from his body at any time.... For these reasons we state again that the case of Paramahansa Yogananda is unique in our experience."[48] Rowe wrote that Yogananda's body was embalmed approximately twenty-four hours after his death. On March 26th a barely noticeable desiccation on his nose was seen and on March 27th Rowe noted that Yogananda's body looked fresh and unravaged by decay as it did on the day of his death.[49] Yogananda's remains are interred at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Great Mausoleum (normally closed off to visitors but Yogananda's tomb is accessible) in Glendale, California.[50]

New Topics

Forum List

Back