DC uses remaining CARES Act funds to help some landlords cancel back rent

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Ninety percent of funds will be dedicated to providers in the affordable housing portfolio managed under the Department of Housing and Community Development and the Housing Finance Agency. Small landlords who have 20 or fewer units but are not in the city’s portfolio may apply for the remaining $1 million.

Altogether, the grants will cover at least 5,000 months of missed rent. However, more than 30,000 units across 274 properties could be eligible, according to DCHFA Interim Director Christopher Donald. If landlords were awarded the maximum-available benefit for each unit, $10 million would assist 714 households.

“This pandemic has forced an unprecedented and disproportionate financial burden on our low-income renters, through no fault of their own. By allowing housing providers to apply for assistance on behalf of tenants, we can provide swifter relief,” Bowser wrote in the press release. “The Housing Stabilization Grants will help us protect our affordable housing stock and keep residents in their homes.”

Another attempt that at least sounds beneficial at this point.

Ninety percent of funds will be dedicated to providers in the affordable housing portfolio managed under the Department of Housing and Community Development and the Housing Finance Agency. Small landlords who have 20 or fewer units but are not in the city’s portfolio may apply for the remaining $1 million.

Altogether, the grants will cover at least 5,000 months of missed rent. However, more than 30,000 units across 274 properties could be eligible, according to DCHFA Interim Director Christopher Donald. If landlords were awarded the maximum-available benefit for each unit, $10 million would assist 714 households.

“This pandemic has forced an unprecedented and disproportionate financial burden on our low-income renters, through no fault of their own. By allowing housing providers to apply for assistance on behalf of tenants, we can provide swifter relief,” Bowser wrote in the press release. “The Housing Stabilization Grants will help us protect our affordable housing stock and keep residents in their homes.”

Govts don't have the cash to cover the financial ruin they created.

well it is the landlords that pay the taxs and repairs and upkeep on the properties,,,

well it is the landlords that pay the taxs and repairs and upkeep on the properties,,,

The taxes are actually paid by the renters and upkeep is often sketchy. Shit, I have a slumlord.

renters pay rent landlords pay taxs,,,

no such thing as slumlords just slum tenants since they decide to stay where theyre at,,

no such thing as slumlords just slum tenants since they decide to stay where theyre at,,
The taxes/cost are passed on to the consumer.

Are you 12?
thats a cop out,,, that applies to everything,,

fact is the tenant pays rent and the landlord pays for everything else,,

if you dont like where you live just move out and go elsewhere,,,

Are you 12?

The reality is that the landlord buys everything with the money that the tenant pays through rent. Not sure you know how much moving costs.....

Are you 12?

The reality is that the landlord buys everything with the money that the tenant pays through rent. Not sure you know how much moving costs.....
I do know how much whining annoys me,,,

you dont like it move or shut up,,,, cause theres a long list of people ready and waiting to take your place that wont whine like a little bitch,,,

Are you 12?

you dont like it move or shut up,,,, cause theres a long list of people ready and waiting to take your place that wont whine like a little bitch,,,

Not where I am at. You have to get people that can afford the rent and two don't have a lengthy criminal record and prior evictions. You're here to troll and now you are on ignore because I do know how much I don't like attention whores.

Are you 12?

Not where I am at. You have to get people that can afford the rent and two don't have a lengthy criminal record and prior evictions. You're here to troll and now you are on ignore.
youre just another snowflake hurt by facts,,,TATA,,

Govts don't have the cash to cover the financial ruin they created.

They created? Who is they?

Oh year, The Federal Government, Trump, McConnell, the people who don't follow the request to keep a social distance and wear a mask!

At some point, eviction moratorium will be lifted ... what a mess ... potentially millions of families homeless and with evictions on their records, unable to rent another place ... and with fewer units available to rent since landlords will have to give up properties where they can't pay the mortgage ... banks saddled with vacant buildings they can't sell ...

2009 all over again ... how many trillions of dollars this time to keep banks out of bankruptcy? ... how deep can the USA go into debt without hyperinflation kicking in? ...

Is it better to pay the rent for people, keeping them in their homes, allowing landlords to continue their business, and have the bank continue with their cash flow? ... we're still adding $10 trillion to the national debt, so the question is will this hyperinflation be as bad with people having homes ... or better to have massive homelessness? ...

Either way, banks are too big to fail ... our new reality ...

The taxes are actually paid by the renters and upkeep is often sketchy. Shit, I have a slumlord.

I've heard all the horror stories ... there's one "dirty job" Mike Rowe never tried ... too filthy for TV ... I never threw an infant into a snowbank, just watched as a deputy sheriff did so on my orders ...

Forum List

Back