DC juries need to be dismissed as biased for Federal cases. They are not representative of the US population.

Should Federal juries be filled by VA and MD citizens instead of DC residents?

• No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
The jury that Durham has are about as fair and balanced as the Mueller investigation team.

How can mostly democrat donors be a fair jury?

We need a law that takes Federal juries from a larger and more balanced jury pool, like the states of VA and MD for example.

That said, the Durham investigation caught a break when Robbie Mook named Hillary Clinton as approving the lies about Trump's connections to Russia. How many DC democrats would treat Hillary evidence fairly?

There is generally no limit to the number of jurors who can be stricken "for cause," but someone's obvious political leaning probably is not sufficient to support striking more than a few potential jurors.

The chances of "jury nullification" in this and other related trials is significant. They won't really care about the facts; they will come to the "right" verdict. All of Durham's hard work may be for nothing. Or close to nothing.

And the judge is an Øbama appointee whose wife represents Lisa Page. DC is so very corrupt.

If suitable to the non-government defense attorneys, they are fine by me.

The jury that Durham has are about as fair and balanced as the Mueller investigation team.

We need a law that takes Federal juries from a larger and more balanced jury pool, like the states of VA and MD for example.

That said, the Durham investigation caught a break when Robbie Mook named Hillary Clinton as approving the lies about Trump's connections to Russia. How many DC democrats would treat Hillary evidence fairly?
There's a strong argument to be made that nobody can get a fair trail by an unbiased jury in DC in any case that is politically charged.

I'm not well versed on the Federal Rules of Procedure but a change of venue would very much have been reasonable in these cases, I just don't know that the Federal System Allows for it.

It's 90% black and 100% Democrat.

Definitely not representative of America.

Having a shitty city like DC as the capital is even more reason why we should TEXIT.

Well you lean left...............soo........of course they are fine by you.
You don't trust defense lawyers to defend their clients? Why? Do you think high profile wealthy people there, use public defenders? Or defense lawyers do not care if they win or lose, so they will not object, or all lawyers just plain too damn stupid to recognize bias on the part of potential jurors?

You don't trust defense lawyers to defend their clients? Why? Do you think high profile wealthy people there, use public defenders? Or defense lawyers do not care if they win or lose, so they will not object, or all lawyers just plain too damn stupid to recognize bias on the part of potential jurors?
Issue wasn't layers but jury pools.

I agree, but we would have to move outside the immediate suburbs of MD and VA. Otherwise, you’d get the same lopsided juries.

It's 90% black and 100% Democrat.

Definitely not representative of America.

Having a shitty city like DC as the capital is even more reason why we should TEXIT.
Actually, you’ll be surprised that it’s about 50/50 black and white. People think it’s mostly black because there is a real bias where the needs of blacks - which is mostly welfare - gets a lot of attention, there is a high crime rate in the black neighborhoods, so there’s a lot of attention there as well, and mayors are almost always black.

Individual jurors can be dismissed from any trial by the judge or the prosecutor if they are biased but It's not the juries we have to worry about, it's the activist politically biased judges

Issue wasn't layers but jury pools.
Dude! It is not like they are all subhuman radical of any particular ilk, just because they live in D.C..
So you or I would not live there. Big deal. Go with the lawyers. But hey, don't go with any lawyer just because they support an ideology or admired person. They could just be sales hacks or publicity schmucks, trying to make a buck, instead of having top flight skills, acumen and judgement. Remember what they say in prison. They don't complain about the juries.

With a rigged jury not even the best lawyers can win a case.

With a rigged jury not even the best lawyers can win a case.
If you were a lawyer, why would you fail to challenge questionable jurors? You hardly ever hear appeals based on it. That kind of thing usually only flies when somebody is using a public defender. Get real.

If you were a lawyer, why would you fail to challenge questionable jurors? You hardly ever hear appeals based on it. That kind of thing usually only flies when somebody is using a public defender. Get real.
You don't always find out all the facts before Jury Selection is over and you get a limited number of challenges.

You don't always find out all the facts before Jury Selection is over and you get a limited number of challenges.
I've been on juries multiple time and so has my wife. She was even on a murder trial. I have never seen a defense or prosecution attorney run out of challenges except on TV. I will say, they questioned her thoroughly, aware she was the mother of twin toddlers at the time and was approved anyway, in the trial of a brutal bastard that beat and then drowned a baby in a sink because it wouldn't stop crying. They convicted and approved frying his ass. That was 30 years ago. This is Tennessee. He is no longer among us.

I am eager to serve on a jury, but I have only been called one time and not chosen during selection.

I've been on juries multiple time and so has my wife. She was even on a murder trial. I have never seen a defense or prosecution attorney run out of challenges except on TV. I will say, they questioned her thoroughly, aware she was the mother of twin toddlers at the time and was approved anyway, in the trial of a brutal bastard that beat and then drowned a baby in a sink because it wouldn't stop crying. They convicted and approved frying his ass. That was 30 years ago. This is Tennessee. He is no longer among us.
Maybe in TN that is the case, it is not the case in other states or Federal Courts.

You have a given number of jurors in the available pool, you are limited to the number of challenges you can make without justifying them and after reaching that limit, the judge decides if your challenges are justified and when you get to the end of the available pool you're out of challenges and they will not empanel a whole new set of jurors for you to pick through.

In DC with a 90% plus Dem voting rate it would be impossible to find a completely unbiased jury in any case that is highly political no matter how large the jury pool.

New Topics

Forum List

Back