DC Comics drops “the American way” from Superman slogan

Well, the OP is kind of a twit... I'll give you that. I've had a discussion with her(?) on another thread when I explained something to her three times and she STILL didn't understand it.

However, I can also see how long term fans of something can be upset when they make major changes for the sake of political correctness. If you want a woke gay superhero, make up your own, don't hijack someone else's superhero.

It is not about political correctness. It is about money made on the international market.

But if you think this change raises a fervor, wait till they see the upcoming comics where Superman is bisexual and has a fling with a guy.

son-of-kal-el-interior-61607664272894-24465169.png

I'm the one against it Einstein, you loons think gender is a choice.
What? We are saying gender ISNT a choice. LOL. Evidently right wing nut jobs wake up every morning and decide to be straight. Probably a close call with most of them.

Jeez, how tragic that a comic book changed a line. BTW, you do know that Superman is a work of fiction?

This has nothing to do with politics. This is all about DC comics having an international market and wanting to keep it.

Besides, exactly what is "the American way"?
You know full well that this isn’t about a comic book character. It’s yer another sign of the hatred that liberals have for American. The reason the woke company took out the phrase is because leftists think “the American way” is a negative.

You know full well that this isn’t about a comic book character. It’s yer another sign of the hatred that liberals have for American. The reason the woke company took out the phrase is because leftists think “the American way” is a negative.

A case could be made for it being negative. Between meddling in the affairs of other nations, oppression of minorities and women, corrupt politicians, and other issues during the time the Superman Comics have been published. That is especially true in the international market.

But I still think it was just a business decision due to the expanding markets.

You're mentally ill.

A case could be made for it being negative. Between meddling in the affairs of other nations, oppression of minorities and women, corrupt politicians, and other issues during the time the Superman Comics have been published. That is especially true in the international market.

But I still think it was just a business decision due to the expanding markets.
Well, you just proved my point: American-hating liberals such as yourself think the “American way” is a bad thing - and that’s why the woke company removed it from its slogan.

And oppression of minorities and women? Hah. Where’s your contempt for the countries that TRULY oppress woman and minorities - like many of the Muslim countries?

You are demonstrating why America is falling apart. Because leftists hate the country and WANT to destroy it.

(As a woman and a minority, there is no other country in which I would rather live.)

Well, you just proved my point: American-hating liberals such as yourself think the “American way” is a bad thing
You just admitted the American way is "meddling in the affairs of other nations, oppression of minorities and women, corrupt politicians, and other issues".

You're garbage.

Well, you just proved my point: American-hating liberals such as yourself think the “American way” is a bad thing - and that’s why the woke company removed it from its slogan.

And oppression of minorities and women? Hah. Where’s your contempt for the countries that TRULY oppress woman and minorities - like many of the Muslim countries?

You are demonstrating why America is falling apart. Because leftists hate the country and WANT to destroy it.

(As a woman and a minority, there is no other country in which I would rather live.)

LMAO!! So, because I don't agree that changing a line in a comic book is the end of the world as we know it, I am an "American-hating liberal"?

I have plenty of contempt for any country that oppresses minorities and women. The fact that you think I do not shows more about you than about me.

Also, if you would look back at my post, when I talked about those things I said "...during the time the Superman Comics have been published.". The Superman comics started in 1938. How were women and minorities treated in the late 1930s, 1940s and 1950s? Hell, women only achieved some parts of equality in the 1970s or later.

LMAO!! So, because I don't agree that changing a line in a comic book is the end of the world as we know it, I am an "American-hating liberal"?

I have plenty of contempt for any country that oppresses minorities and women. The fact that you think I do not shows more about you than about me.

Also, if you would look back at my post, when I talked about those things I said "...during the time the Superman Comics have been published.". The Superman comics started in 1938. How were women and minorities treated in the late 1930s, 1940s and 1950s? Hell, women only achieved some parts of equality in the 1970s or later.
Anyone who doesn't think like them is an "American-hating Liberal" in their eyes. To them, storming the Capitol to overturn an election to crown the loser of the election is patriotic.

It doesn’t reflect the attitude of the country. That’s just the arrogant attitude of liberals - that everyone agrees with them.

What it represents is the drive by the Marxists behind the scenes to denigrate, erase, and condemn anything that is American because….America bad!

Why do you think the Democrat running in Virginia, a blue state, is so worried that he might lose? Because other than the liberals, perhaps 30% of voters, people are pushing back on extreme leftists and anti-American indoctrination of schoolchildren.
DC comics just wants to please as many customers as possible. They wouldn't do anything to intentionally piss off most of their customers.

DC comics just wants to please as many customers as possible. They wouldn't do anything to intentionally piss off most of their customers.
Leftists do stuff that pisses off most of their customers all the time. That’s because they are so arrogant that they don’t realize that half the people disagree with them, and it’s getting more by the day as the left pushes its nonsense further and further to the left.

I am hoping that there are more conservative Americans who love their country than liberal Americans who hate it. People can only take the leftist nonsense so much before they push back.

(Activate Comic Book Geek Mode)

Well, it kind of is. There's a reason why certain things remain part of the Cultural Lexicon. Why Superman and Batman are still around 85 years after Seigel, Schuster and Kane created them, but no one remembers Hourman or the Spirit. It's because of the love and support of generations of fans.

When you get in there are reboot something, with no real regard for the source material, you are kind of slapping the fans in the face.

Now, I think I've pretty much established my progressive cred here, but sorry, Woke Gay Superman is kind of a bad idea. That's not the character we loved for the last 80 years. If you want a woke gay character, create a new character. I guess they have in this case, as the new "gay" superman is the son of the original and Lois Lane.

(SF Author Larry Niven wrote an essay called Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex, to describe why sex between Superman and Lois would be a bad idea. I'm sure it equally applies to Woke Gay Superman and his gay partner.)
it is a new character. Woke gay superman is the son of Lois Lane and Clark Kent. I'm not sure of the details, but perhaps daddy superman retired, and his son is taking over the business. Different character

Unbelievable. Is America viewed by leftists and woke companies as so awful a country (the result of CRT indoctrination) that the very mention of its name must be avoided or erased?

New slogan is “truth, justice, and a better tomorrow.”

Add this ridiculous move to the decision to make Superman’s son bisexual and DC is heading down the road Marvel went down when they nearly went bankrupt trying to cater to the latest fads. These people really need to learn not to mess with their iconic characters. Pissing off the core readers is never good strategy.

Leftists do stuff that pisses off most of their customers all the time. That’s because they are so arrogant that they don’t realize that half the people disagree with them, and it’s getting more by the day as the left pushes its nonsense further and further to the left.

I am hoping that there are more conservative Americans who love their country than liberal Americans who hate it. People can only take the leftist nonsense so much before they push back.
OK. Nobody is making you buy their comic books, are they?

Forum List

Back