DC Comics drops “the American way” from Superman slogan

Da fuq?

"A better tomorrow"?

Better than what? Better than last week, before he turned into some freakish globalist faggot?

Da fuq?

WTF....gif

Unbelievable. Is America viewed by leftists and woke companies as so awful a country (the result of CRT indoctrination) that the very mention of its name must be avoided or erased?

New slogan is “truth, justice, and a better tomorrow.”

So not seeing your point.

The funny thing was, when Superman Comics started in the 1930's, Superman was a symbol of immigrants as he was created by two immigrant kids. He initially went after Slum Lords and other exploiters, before getting villains like Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

Of course, there is a bit of leftist activism at DC, but at the end of the day, DC is owned by Warner Media, and they see Superman as an international commodity, not just an American one.

Now if they can only write a good movie about him.

Most people haven't really worried about comic books since they grew up.

Oh, I don't know... the Billions of dollars made by the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies would say otherwise.

The fact that these characters are so marketable, even with Warner not being able to produce a good movie yet, says a lot of people care about them.

If anything, Comic Books don't get the credit they deserve.

You can write a story, and call it literature.
You can draw a picture and call it art.

But you combine the two in a comic book or graphic novel, and it suddenly becomes childish?

Unbelievable. Is America viewed by leftists and woke companies as so awful a country (the result of CRT indoctrination) that the very mention of its name must be avoided or erased?

New slogan is “truth, justice, and a better tomorrow.”

Do you hope to get as much mileage out of this as you did with those silly WALK AWAY and HUNTER BIDEN stories you worked so hard to spread?

Oh, I don't know... the Billions of dollars made by the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies would say otherwise.

The fact that these characters are so marketable, even with Warner not being able to produce a good movie yet, says a lot of people care about them.

If anything, Comic Books don't get the credit they deserve.

You can write a story, and call it literature.
You can draw a picture and call it art.

But you combine the two in a comic book or graphic novel, and it suddenly becomes childish?
Yes. I know lots of people care about comic books. I just don't see how some little change the OP is whining about is any reason to get all excited about. You understand it is just a movie, right?

Yes. I know lots of people care about comic books. I just don't see how some little change the OP is whining about is any reason to get all excited about.

Well, the OP is kind of a twit... I'll give you that. I've had a discussion with her(?) on another thread when I explained something to her three times and she STILL didn't understand it.

However, I can also see how long term fans of something can be upset when they make major changes for the sake of political correctness. If you want a woke gay superhero, make up your own, don't hijack someone else's superhero.

Well, the OP is kind of a twit... I'll give you that. I've had a discussion with her(?) on another thread when I explained something to her three times and she STILL didn't understand it.

However, I can also see how long term fans of something can be upset when they make major changes for the sake of political correctness. If you want a woke gay superhero, make up your own, don't hijack someone else's superhero.
It is their superhero. They couldn't make any changes if it wasn't.

Do you hope to get as much mileage out of this as you did with those silly WALK AWAY and HUNTER BIDEN stories you worked so hard to spread?
Not even sure what you’re talking about. I didn’t start any stories like that.

Yes. I know lots of people care about comic books. I just don't see how some little change the OP is whining about is any reason to get all excited about. You understand it is just a movie, right?
American leftists looking upon America as such an awful country that the very name has to be removed from slogans is not a “little change.” It’s yet another step in convincing brainwashed Americans that our country is bad and should be erased.

Forum List

Back