DC Comics drops “the American way” from Superman slogan

So not seeing your point.

The funny thing was, when Superman Comics started in the 1930's, Superman was a symbol of immigrants as he was created by two immigrant kids. He initially went after Slum Lords and other exploiters, before getting villains like Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

Of course, there is a bit of leftist activism at DC, but at the end of the day, DC is owned by Warner Media, and they see Superman as an international commodity, not just an American one.

Now if they can only write a good movie about him.
DC and Marvel comics have been keeping Hollywood afloat for the last several years.

What's your cute backstory for removing the American flag from the movie about landing on the moon, First Man?

I thought that was ridiculous, because I knew the facts.

The faux outrage over the Superman motto is ridiculous when you know the facts.

Why would a dude like Superman want to fight for YOUR American way?

And
AND

What's your problem?
I thought you guys hated the American way.
You know equality for all, justice for all and "all that stuff"

Yeah, not the first time you clowns have whined about this. You were whining 20 years ago while supporting the murder of innocent Muslims in Iraq.

Ain't it horrible meeting a person who can remember beyond Trump?

What on Earth are you babbling about?

Why would a dude like Superman want to fight for YOUR American way?

And
AND

What's your problem?
I thought you guys hated the American way.
You know equality for all, justice for all and "all that stuff"

Yeah, not the first time you clowns have whined about this. You were whining 20 years ago while supporting the murder of innocent Muslims in Iraq.

Ain't it horrible meeting a person who can remember beyond Trump?
I wish Superman was real on 1/6. He’d have scooped up Babbitt, tossed her in jail, and been back in time to snag the rest of ‘em up in a ginormous net & drop their asses in the Potomac!

I thought that was ridiculous, because I knew the facts.

The faux outrage over the Superman motto is ridiculous when you know the facts.

How outraged would you be if someone attempted to erase your birthright, heritage, and nationality? Of course, the people who cancel stuff like that are more than likely ashamed of those three things.

I don't worry about comic books. It’s what this latest change, along with the bisexual thing, represents. Wokism and America-hatred run amok, thanks to crazy leftists.
Perhaps it reflects the attitude of the country. Do you think they would make changes in a multimillion dollar business without a reason?

American leftists looking upon America as such an awful country that the very name has to be removed from slogans is not a “little change.” It’s yet another step in convincing brainwashed Americans that our country is bad and should be erased.
DC comics is in the business of reflecting the attitudes of their customers, not changing them.

Unbelievable. Is America viewed by leftists and woke companies as so awful a country (the result of CRT indoctrination) that the very mention of its name must be avoided or erased?

New slogan is “truth, justice, and a better tomorrow.”
What do you expect? Trump cracked down on illegal aliens, and Clark Kents birth certificate is from Krypton. But Johnathan and Martha Kent never got a visa for Clark to legally enter, or stay in the country.

How can you have an illegal alien represent "the American way"?

Uh oh. I'll add them to the conservative boycott list.

Target
Star Wars
Starbucks
NFL
Budweiser
Levi's
Facebook
Nike
Keurig
Gillette
CNN
College
Twitter
Nascar
NBA
MLB
MLS
Sprite
Mirage Beer
Amazon
Google
Best Buy
Coca Cola
MMA
Netflix
Delta Airlines
Hollywood
GoodYear
Girl Scout cookies
Science
Walmart
Youtube
Apple
Marriott
Blue Cross Blue Shield
American Express
Airbnb
AT&T
Comcast
Dow
Exxon
Ford
Goldman Sachs
JP Morgan Chase
Mastercard
Microsoft
Disney
Verizon
GoDaddy
United Airlines
Ben and Jerry's
DC Comics

"The American Way" has been shit for decades. If Lex Luthor ran for President he'd be the front runner for either party.

Trump will endorse Lex for R nomination - From his Club Fed prison cell :cool-45:

1634446265618.jpeg

Perhaps it reflects the attitude of the country. Do you think they would make changes in a multimillion dollar business without a reason?
It doesn’t reflect the attitude of the country. That’s just the arrogant attitude of liberals - that everyone agrees with them.

What it represents is the drive by the Marxists behind the scenes to denigrate, erase, and condemn anything that is American because….America bad!

Why do you think the Democrat running in Virginia, a blue state, is so worried that he might lose? Because other than the liberals, perhaps 30% of voters, people are pushing back on extreme leftists and anti-American indoctrination of schoolchildren.

Unbelievable. Is America viewed by leftists and woke companies as so awful a country (the result of CRT indoctrination) that the very mention of its name must be avoided or erased?

New slogan is “truth, justice, and a better tomorrow.”

Well, Superman is an international brand. And, he's not from America.... it never made much sense in the first place.

Forum List

Back