"Day of Rage" video released

No, it was an armed attempt at insurrection, a violent riot, smearing feces in the Capitol, occupying legislators' offices, screaming for the deaths of representatives, and urged on by Trumpolini himself who expected he would actually stop the installation of the next President and become dictator?

You support that, boy? Then you're a traitor. Get out of my country now.
I support peaceful demonstrations but not riots.

However the January 6th riot was no “armed attempt at insurrection.” Nor was it the worst assault on the nation’s Capitol since the War of 1812.

I demur. Though, to be fair, the poster did say "generally".
But by my own analysis of Rightfield posters of this gossipboard who have asserted any one of various parties perpetrated this Capitol assault...well, I quickly can recollect at least 5 other categories our Rightfielders have said did it.

1. It was Anti-fascists who broke into the Capitol, all of 'em dressed as MAGAs.
  2. It was a false-flag operation by the FBI.
  3. It was Jewish Zionist dressed as MAGAs.
  4. It was gay Oathkeepers.
  5. It was Pelosi "plants"..... that is Dems dressed as MAGAs hired by the Speaker.

Tell me, who can' like this bar when we can have entertainment like that.....for free?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of the thousands of demonstrations for social justice (with millions of demonstrators) ...how many of them does LordTrout think experienced 'riots'?

And of the handful that did have 'riot' associated violence.....how many of those were caused by 'BLM'?

How many were caused by white conflict accelerationists like Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, Patriot Front, The Base?
How many were just Covid bored jackasses from the far suburbs (who were exactly the dimwits who caused the vandalism in my own city)?

So, LordTrout, let's get some numbers out there that we can discuss.
How many --out of how many demonstrations --- turned into your definition of 'riot'?
How many were caused by BLM?
How many by the White-Fright jackass militants?
How many by just local vandals having a 'little action'?

Show us what you got in your hand there, partner.

Too easy

I demur. Though, to be fair, the poster did say "generally".
But by my own analysis of Rightfield posters of this gossipboard who have asserted any one of various parties perpetrated this Capitol assault...well, I quickly can recollect at least 5 other categories our Rightfielders have said did it.

1. It was Anti-fascists who broke into the Capitol, all of 'em dressed as MAGAs.
  2. It was a false-flag operation by the FBI.
  3. It was Jewish Zionist dressed as MAGAs.
  4. It was gay Oathkeepers.
  5. It was Pelosi "plants"..... that is Dems dressed as MAGAs hired by the Speaker.

Tell me, who can' like this bar when we can have entertainment like that.....for free?
Can't argue, but it would be much better (and funnier) if they were not causing so much damage.

I'm still a little stunned at the legislator who not only claimed it looked like a normal tour, but then stood behind his words.

This is like living in a zombie movie.

No, you support the guy who wants to end democracy in the USA, and become Dicatator for Life. That's a whole different other kettle of fish than demonstrating for your rights.

If Trump hadn't ended all of the police reform programs which started under Obama, and told cops not to be so gentle when arresting suspects, the riots would not have happened.
Please oh please have BLM/ANTIFA show up at your doorstep, and see if you call the police to get them off your property...

In today's Sunday edition of the Times they have a 'Special Section' about January 6th. It is a companion to the video by the same name --Day of Rage -- that they made public in late June, if I recall properly.

What today's coverage offers interested parties are great graphics on the Capitol layout, its entryways, breaches, and the movements of the mob attacking the Capitol. Times readers here know......the NYT has likely the best graphics department of any regularly produced newspaper.
If you are a 'visual comprehender' (I made that up).....and maps and diagrams and schematics assist you in understanding a complicated phenomena, well, the Times is a great assist.

I tried to find a Times link without a paywall for you. I am a subscriber so it comes to me daily as a newsfeed, but some of you who visit this forum may not regularly read the New York Times, so I searched around to see what you could access without buying a subscription (even a cheap 'taster' subscription for a few weeks or a month).

Anyway, this is the best I could do. A re-print from 'IndianExpress".

This forum has hosted more than a handful of threads about January 6th. There have been several links to the YouTube video of the 'Day of Rage' reportage the Times did a few weeks back by assembling videos and social media captures.

Today's special section offers you a print layout of how it all occurred.

I highly recommend that those who are interested in how January 6th unfolded......seek out today's Sunday 'Special Section.'

For those who are unable or reluctant to open up the link to view the maps and diagrams, or read any of the text, well, here are couple of brief snippets of the text.

The text adds context to the maps and diagrams. The maps and diagrams add context to the text.
If anyone wishes to gain some understanding of what was happening on that day, well, these schematics offer a visualization of the relative placement of Capitol police, their disposition relative to blocking a surging crowd.

A taster of some of the text:

• "Once the attack on the Capitol begins, it becomes complex and unpredictable, an organic movement by a mostly opportunistic mob that eventually involves thousands of people. By using the rioter's own videos to identify and track the most active among them throughout the day, we found that most were ardent but disorganized Trump supporters reacting to events and following no apparent plan. But more organized groups, like the Proud Boys, played an outsize role at key moments."

• "The first person to enter the Capitol, at 2:13, is Michael Sparks, a 43-year-old husband, and father from Kentucky. He has no known affiliation with any organized group. But the window Mr. Sparks leaps through to gain access to the building was broken seconds earlier by a Proud Boy named Dominic Pezzola, using a stolen police shield."

In today's Sunday edition of the Times they have a 'Special Section' about January 6th. It is a companion to the video by the same name --Day of Rage -- that they made public in late June, if I recall properly.

What today's coverage offers interested parties are great graphics on the Capitol layout, its entryways, breaches, and the movements of the mob attacking the Capitol. Times readers here know......the NYT has likely the best graphics department of any regularly produced newspaper.
If you are a 'visual comprehender' (I made that up).....and maps and diagrams and schematics assist you in understanding a complicated phenomena, well, the Times is a great assist.

I tried to find a Times link without a paywall for you. I am a subscriber so it comes to me daily as a newsfeed, but some of you who visit this forum may not regularly read the New York Times, so I searched around to see what you could access without buying a subscription (even a cheap 'taster' subscription for a few weeks or a month).

Anyway, this is the best I could do. A re-print from 'IndianExpress".

This forum has hosted more than a handful of threads about January 6th. There have been several links to the YouTube video of the 'Day of Rage' reportage the Times did a few weeks back by assembling videos and social media captures.

Today's special section offers you a print layout of how it all occurred.

I highly recommend that those who are interested in how January 6th unfolded......seek out today's Sunday 'Special Section.'

And yet about 1400 hours of video is still under seal......so how they think they are showing what actually happened is a joke.

The New York Times has whored themselves out for every dictator on the planet...they are not a news source, they are an apologist for monsters...

And yet about 1400 hours of video is still under seal......so how they think they are showing what actually happened is a joke.
The New York Times has whored themselves out for every dictator on the planet...they are not a news source, they are an apologist for monsters...

If, as you say, there is 1,400 hours of unreleased video, I would ask.....'video by whom'?

• From security cams in or about the Capitol grounds?
  • And who is claiming it is there?

Still, for the sake of the story, let us agree, that at least 1,400 hours of video exists.....captured by official cams or by the cams of the rioters, and it hasn't been publicly viewed in a consolidated format.

I'd ask....So?

Will, when it is seen, contradict the thousands of hours of video that have been gleaned from social media? Videos taken by actual participants or from news organizations who were on site? How will additional video change what we can see with our own eyes that is in the public sphere now?

Are you asserting, poster 2aguy, that those alleged 1,400 hours show a 180-degree difference than what we've seen by the rioters own cameras?

If, in fact, that is what you are alleging, well, WHAT then do you think it shows that is so different?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the New York Times and your allegation of them 'whoring'..... or being an apologist for monsters......well, it sounds like an interesting topic that you seem quite familiar with.

Accordingly, I suggest you spark up a separate thread and open a discussion there on it.

Meanwhile, what we have today in the Times' Sunday Special Section is pretty unique. A combination of informative text, and even more informative maps and schematics.

Both are worthwhile for those who sincerely want to know more about the threat to America that the events of January 6th offered.

If, as you say, there is 1,400 hours of unreleased video, I would ask.....'video by whom'?

Still, for the sake of the story, let us agree, that at least 1,400 hours of video exists.....captured by official cams or by the cams of the rioters, and it hasn't been publicly viewed in a consolidated format.

I'd ask....So?

Will, when it is seen, contradict the thousands of hours of video that have been gleaned from social media? Videos taken by actual participants or from news organizations who were on site? How will additional video change what we can see with our own eyes that is in the public sphere now?

Are you asserting, poster 2aguy, that those alleged 1,400 hours show a 180-degree difference than what we've seen by the rioters own cameras?

If, in fact, that is what you are alleging, well, WHAT then do you think it shows that is so different?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the New York Times and your allegation of them 'whoring'..... or being an apologist for monsters......well, it sounds like an interesting topic that you seem quite familiar with.

Accordingly, I suggest you spark up a separate thread and open a discussion there on it.

Meanwhile, what we have today in the Times' Sunday Special Section is pretty unique. A combination of informative text, and even more informative maps and schematics.

Both are worthwhile for those who sincerely want to know more about the threat to America that the events of January 6th offered.

The lawyers of the defendents and the prosecutors who have claimed they need to keep the film for investigations...

Jan 6 Prosecutors admit to possession of “images of officers hugging or fist-bumping rioters, posing for photos with rioters, and moving bike racks”

Calls into question the trespassing and related non-violent crimes charged against defendants like Cuoy Griffin.
------
After explaining that the government possesses “[t]housands of hours” of video footage from a variety of sources, they conceded these materials include recordings of Capitol Police Officers allowing protesters to enter the so-called “restricted” area into which Griffin is alleged to have trespassed. The prosecutors stated:

“[W]e are not in a position to turn over the universe of information we possess for Defendant to review.

Although we are aware that we possess some information that the defense may view as supportive of arguments that law enforcement authorized defendants (including Defendant) to enter the restricted grounds, e.g., images of officers hugging or fist-bumping rioters, posing for photos with rioters, and moving bike racks, we are not in a position to state whether we have identified all such information” (emphasis is mine).

I'd ask....So?

From the link...

Let’s underline that point: federal prosecutors have evidence – which so far they refuse to provide to any of the Jan. 6 criminal defendants – that Capitol Police Department officers moved obstructions to allow protesters to enter locations that prosecutors are now calling “restricted areas.”

And more than that, the government possesses evidence that the officers were taking photos with, hugging and fist-bumping many of those who they allowed to enter those areas.

Trumpist idiots will continue to lie this was a “peaceful” protest despite all the VIDEO evidence. These insurrectionists need to be prosecuted and sent to jail.
Meanwhile Antifa the so called anti fascist group was in an altercation with anti vaxxers over fascist policies of forced vaxxing they approve of.

And more than that, the government possesses evidence that the officers were taking photos with, hugging and fist-bumping many of those who they allowed to enter those areas.

That's not a hard stretch to agree that there are 'official' camera images of that fist-bumping, of stepping-aside at a contested doorway, etc.
In fact, non-government cameras......by the rioters themselves, and news organizations .....have shown us such images.

Such filmed reality is in the public domain.

But so are images of perpetrators savagely beating the hell out of Capitol police that they have dragged down concrete steps. Spraying in the face with hi-test MACE.

"Fist-bumping?" vs. "Fearing for their life?" Yupper, both occurred. We've seen it.

But simply because one cop or several stepped aside on one side of the Capitol ......doesn't absolve a defendant who broke a window, beat a cop, sprayed MACE, smeared their poop on a wall, or stole documents.

There were thousands of rioters around the Capitol, hundreds within the Capitol. And amongst those throngs were many actors who demonstrated a whole variety of behaviors. Some merely goggle-eyed and gobsmacked that they were actually in the building that is the seat of the American government.

Many others were committing crimes, even violent assaults and injuries against uniformed police who were simply doing their job. THOSE are the ones America needs to have the hard hand of justice applied to.

Duh!

"Meanwhile Antifa the so called anti fascist group was in an altercation with anti vaxxers over fascist policies..."

You know, poster '22idw', I've seen several lengthy news treatments, even documentaries, of the January 6th invasion of the Capitol as our Congress met to confirm the results of the election.

But, in none of those treatments and views of January 6th events did I witness 'Antifa.....anti-fascist group in an altercation with anti-vaxxers'.

I find it perplexing that I must have missed that bit of Capitol invasion activity.

Can you link us to some credible reportage from January 6th on that development?

Forum List

Back