Day 81: $8 MILLION RAISED!! Capt Challenge joins Pastor Brooks.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
"Captain Challenge" who has raised millions for other charities has joined with Pastor Brooks and ProjectHOOD to make the community center a reality. If only Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, or BLM would show some support. This is the email update I received today:

100 DAY CAMPOUT AGAINST VIOLENCE HAS RAISED $8MILLION IN CASH, COMMITMENTS, IN-KIND GIFT

Captain Challenge Beginning Cross-Country Bike Trip to Raise More Funds

Day 81:

Today, Daniel Powell, known as Captain Challenge, is starting a bike trip from Project H.O.O.D. back to his hometown of San Diego to raise funds for our new Community Center.

They call him Captain Challenge because he has raised millions to help nonprofits across the world.

He will leave Project H.O.O.D. today at 9:00 a.m.
This morning he sent this to his team and my staff:

Dear Team~

I think the chorus of the lyrics of the song ‘shining star’ are relevant to all the people that will be served by the new Project Hood Community Center, which WILL BE BUILT and will be started this August.

Captain Challenge’s super power is encouragement.

He challenges people to:

1.) Do something they’ve never done before,

2.) Do something that no one‘s ever done before,

3.) Give of their time talent and treasure to help worthwhile causes.

I want to thank each of you for your great contribution of your time, talent and treasure. The statistical probability of us all being together at this place at this time for this purpose is staggering. I can only conclude that God really wants this to happen and that he wants His purpose served through us.

When the ‘WHY’ is strong, we figure out the ‘how’. We have a strong why, and WE WILL figure out the how.

Thank you for enriching my life.

Love,
Captain Challenge

WHO: Daniel Powell aka Captain Challenge and Pastor Corey Brooks

WHAT: Captain Challenge is beginning a cross-country bike trip from Chicago to San Diego

WHY: To help raise money for Project H.O.O.D.’s new Leadership and Economic Opportunity Center for the benefit of at-risk youth and adults on Chicago’s south side

WHEN: Today, February 9, 2022, at 9:00 A.M. CST
WHERE: Rooftop Campout Site across the street from New Beginnings Church, 6615 S. King Drive, Chicago, IL 60637
MEDIA CONTACT: Please respond to this email
HIGH RES IMAGES: projecthood.org/press
COMMUNITY CENTER: projecthood.org/community-center

Forum List

Back