Day 42: What has he done?

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Day 42 of the oil leak - what has the Obama White House done to help protect the shoreline and the Americans who call those lands home?

42 days.

Obama has pointed fingers.

Obama has threatened lawsuits.

None of which is protecting the shoreline from that oil.

What has he done?

Day 42 of the oil leak - what has the Obama White House done to help protect the shoreline and the Americans who call those lands home?

He's decided to have a yard sale. WTF do you think he's done? :lol:

gawd, grasping at straws while feigning outrage? You give trolls everywhere, a bad name.

He had some meetings.

He made some public statements.

He blamed BP.

He started an investigation.

He assured us all that the oil spill is "on his mind".

This last is the most telling. It really is All About Him All The Time.

Are people aware that Obama made NO mention of the oil leak during his May 1st weekly radio address? That the address focused almost entirely on the need for campaign finance reform?

That his administration made no indications of a presidential visit to the Gulf area until 10 days AFTER the leak was underway?

What has Obama done to protect American's from this disaster?

He has promised money and lawsuits - neither of which does anything regarding protecting the shoreline.

What has this president done?

Can he truly be this incompetent?

It was reported Obama has been golfing SIX TIMES since the oil leak began.

Golfing six times during what Obama himself deems a national crisis?

And Obama has travelled to California TWICE since the oil spill began to fundraise for Barbara Boxer - and has spent considerably more time in California during that same time period than he has Louisiana.

if you REALLY want to KNOW, i'm certain you can google ''Federal/BP involvement/partnership'' and you can get the answer to your questions, with little difficulty.

For the factually disadvantaged

•By the Numbers to Date:

•The administration has authorized 17,500 National Guard troops from Gulf Coast states to participate in the response to the BP oil spill.
•More than 20,000 personnel are currently responding to protect the shoreline and wildlife and cleanup vital coastlines.
•More than 1,700 vessels are responding on site, including skimmers, tugs, barges, and recovery vessels to assist in containment and cleanup efforts—in addition to dozens of aircraft, remotely operated vehicles, and multiple mobile offshore drilling units.
•Approximately 1.96 million feet of containment boom and 2 million feet of sorbent boom have been deployed to contain the spill—and approximately 620,000 feet of containment boom and 1.8 million feet of sorbent boom are available.
•Approximately 13.8 million gallons of an oil-water mix have been recovered.
•Approximately 980,000 gallons of total dispersant have been deployed—755,000 on the surface and 225,000 subsea. More than 420,000 gallons are available.
•More than 120 controlled burns have been conducted, efficiently removing a total of more than 2.8 gallons of oil from the open water in an effort to protect shoreline and wildlife.
•17 staging areas are in place and ready to protect sensitive shorelines, including: Dauphin Island, Ala., Orange Beach, Ala., Theodore, Ala., Panama City, Fla., Pensacola, Fla., Port St. Joe, Fla., St. Marks, Fla., Amelia, La., Cocodrie, La., Grand Isle, La., Shell Beach, La., Slidell, La., St. Mary, La.; Venice, La., Biloxi, Miss., Pascagoula, Miss., and Pass Christian, Miss.

ANd I just love how all these "govt is not the solution; govt is the problem" rightwingers are whining because the nanny state isnt giving them a binky.

Last edited:

For the factually disadvantaged

•By the Numbers to Date:

•The administration has authorized 17,500 National Guard troops from Gulf Coast states to participate in the response to the BP oil spill.
•More than 20,000 personnel are currently responding to protect the shoreline and wildlife and cleanup vital coastlines.
•More than 1,700 vessels are responding on site, including skimmers, tugs, barges, and recovery vessels to assist in containment and cleanup efforts—in addition to dozens of aircraft, remotely operated vehicles, and multiple mobile offshore drilling units.
•Approximately 1.96 million feet of containment boom and 2 million feet of sorbent boom have been deployed to contain the spill—and approximately 620,000 feet of containment boom and 1.8 million feet of sorbent boom are available.
•Approximately 13.8 million gallons of an oil-water mix have been recovered.
•Approximately 980,000 gallons of total dispersant have been deployed—755,000 on the surface and 225,000 subsea. More than 420,000 gallons are available.
•More than 120 controlled burns have been conducted, efficiently removing a total of more than 2.8 gallons of oil from the open water in an effort to protect shoreline and wildlife.
•17 staging areas are in place and ready to protect sensitive shorelines, including: Dauphin Island, Ala., Orange Beach, Ala., Theodore, Ala., Panama City, Fla., Pensacola, Fla., Port St. Joe, Fla., St. Marks, Fla., Amelia, La., Cocodrie, La., Grand Isle, La., Shell Beach, La., Slidell, La., St. Mary, La.; Venice, La., Biloxi, Miss., Pascagoula, Miss., and Pass Christian, Miss.

ANd I just love how all these "govt is not the solution; govt is the problem" rightwingers are whining because the nanny state isnt giving them a binky.

Don't confuse them with facts, that gets in the way of their trolling.

It's the same folks on every thread back slapping each other, yet when faced with facts, they run away.

r

Don't confuse them with facts, that gets in the way of their trolling.

It's the same folks on every thread back slapping each other, yet when faced with facts, they run away.

The rightwingers are cowards. Every single one of them. I have yet to encounter one who is willing to admit to thier mistakes. Instead, they just scurry into the cesspool they crawled out of (without cleaning up the trail of slime they leave behind)

And thanks for the recs

Two days after the initial oil rig explosion, what was Obama doing to protect the American shoreline?

22 April 2010: President Obama delivers a speech on Wall Street to advocate more government intervention in the country's financial sector, but offers no reforms for Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, which helped precipitate the 2008 meltdown. He also delivers a speech regarding the contributions of Earth Day to environmental awareness.

'Obama's Katrina': an Illustrated Timeline

One thing about Obama is that, he's a city boy. He's not an outdoors man like so many other Presidents. He doesn't hunt, fish, or any of the other traditional outdoor activities. I don't think the lip service he's given about the environment comes from any personal love of nature.

In his campaign he actually expressed some disdain for country folk and their outdoor pursuits of hunting and fishing.

So, I don't think he is emotionally affected by the destruction that is going on in the Gulf. I don't think he cares. He does care about getting reelected and not getting damaged politically by this fiasco, and you are seeing some efforts to appear to care, but I don't think he really gives a shit, actually.

Three days after the oil rig explodes, what was Obama doing?

23 April 2010: President Obama blasts the Arizona governor, state legislators, police officers and residents for backing federal laws that prohibit illegal immigration

'Obama's Katrina': an Illustrated Timeline

One thing about Obama is that, he's a city boy. He's not an outdoors man like so many other Presidents. He doesn't hunt, fish, or any of the other traditional outdoor activities. I don't think the lip service he's given about the environment comes from any personal love of nature.

In his campaign he actually expressed some disdain for country folk and their outdoor pursuits of hunting and fishing.

So, I don't think he is emotionally affected by the destruction that is going on in the Gulf. I don't think he cares. He does care about getting reelected and not getting damaged politically by this fiasco, and you are seeing some efforts to appear to care, but I don't think he really gives a shit, actually.

You are likely on to something here - Obama displays a near-complete lack of intellectual curiosity about most things outside of his immiediate influence. Dangerously self-centered, with considerable amounts of absolute ignorance do not a strong president make...

Sinatra, you don't have to post every day on here. If people want to read it, they can click on your link. Thanks.

Forum List

Back