David Gilmour Sells His Guitars For A Record-Breaking $21.5 million For Climate Change

Rocker David Gilmour, a member of Pink Floyd, one of the most commercially successful and influential groups in popular music history, recently auctioned 120 guitars from his massive collection for over $21 million and donated it all to fighting global warming.

Few musicians can boast of a more successful career than that of David Jon Gilmour, an English singer, songwriter, and guitarist who was a member of the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. However, he recently came into the limelight with his record-breaking charity guitar auction which broke the record this year for the largest guitar collection sold at a charity auction.

https://theheartysoul.com/david-gil...FKkQ_kfie3j9Vg8hVcXAX2VC9SkQaplzg2wv0j8JQ5wHI

View attachment 278211
Great musician/great unselfish man.
Smart guy! Take the idiots money and appease them at the same time!

Rocker David Gilmour, a member of Pink Floyd, one of the most commercially successful and influential groups in popular music history, recently auctioned 120 guitars from his massive collection for over $21 million and donated it all to fighting global warming.

Few musicians can boast of a more successful career than that of David Jon Gilmour, an English singer, songwriter, and guitarist who was a member of the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. However, he recently came into the limelight with his record-breaking charity guitar auction which broke the record this year for the largest guitar collection sold at a charity auction.

https://theheartysoul.com/david-gil...FKkQ_kfie3j9Vg8hVcXAX2VC9SkQaplzg2wv0j8JQ5wHI

View attachment 278211
Smart guy! Take the idiots money and appease them at the same time!
Right? he's probably telling his peers what a bunch of fking idiots these fks really are.

Last edited:

View attachment 278211
Al Gore needs more money

View attachment 278211
Al Gore needs more money

Well...at least this way he is swindling people who can afford to be swindled....usually liberal ideas hurt those who can least afford the hit their finances take...

Pink Floyd's David Gilmour sold his guitars for $21.5 million—and donated everything to fight climate change

View attachment 278211

He's a whiney twat.

Pink Floyd's David Gilmour sold his guitars for $21.5 million—and donated everything to fight climate change

View attachment 278211

He's a whiney twat.

Actually, according to many musicians and the general public, he is one of the best musicians in the world.
Of course conservatives don’t care about art.
All they care about is control.
Control of women, minorities, gays, and now it seems what musicians do with their money.
Perhaps you could get Ted Nugent to sell his guitar collection and donate the profits to Trumps re-election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 278211

He's a whiney twat.

Actually, according to many musicians and the general public, he is one of the best musicians in the world.
Control of women, minorities, gays, and now it seems what musicians do with their money.
Perhaps you could get Ted Nugent to sell his guitar collection and donate the profits to Trumps re-election.

I agree...he is one of the finest musicians of his generation...And I am about as conservative an individual as you are likely to ever encounter...I am a guitar player myself, I paint, and spend a fair chunk of my discretionary time in museums.

As far as who seeks control, I think you are terribly mistaken. This isn't the proper thread for the discussion, but I can demonstrate to you in no uncertain terms that liberalism is authoritarian in nature if you care to take it to the proper venue...hell, just look at the latest round of demoncrat campaign speeches...is there anything that they don't want to ban? It was liberals who came up with the idea of hate crimes which are actually just crimes, but get extra punishment points based on what the criminal was "thinking" when he committed his particular crime. Thought police...right out of fiction and brought to us in the real world and we can thank modern liberalism...

Think, just for a second about modern liberalism if you are actually able to think...It is a political philosophy that claims equality and equal freedom as its ultimate goal. Ask any liberal to describe their philosophy and without fail, you will get some variation on "live and let live". In an effort to achieve that lofty goal, however, liberalism requires the supervision of everything. Its multicultural ideal excludes and stigmatizes regular people and in order to enforce its "equality", it uses quotas, speech codes, and mandatory sensitivity training in politically correct attitudes and opinions...Clearly, there is not much of a connection between those things and "live and let live".

Liberals prize the idea of tolerance, but what they call tolerance isn't tolerance at all. Please correct me if I am wrong, but tolerance means letting people do what they want. Modern liberals, however, have redefined tolerance to mean a requirement of equal respect across the social spectrum. True tolerance requires "live and let live" but the tolerance of the modern liberal requires and ever more invasive bureaucratic control of eery aspect of our social lives. And ideology that "requires" equal respect across the social spectrum must, by definition, be intolerant because it must ry to control the attitudes that people have towards one another and any real attempt to that end will require means that are both inflexible and tyrannical.

Before I really get started, do take note that contrary to your claim, no one ever suggested that it wasn't David's right to do with his instruments whatever he chose to do with them...It was just noted that in many opinions, what he did with his instruments, and the money he derived from them was stupid. You, on the other hand, attempted to exert control over what people are allowed to even think about what he did with the money. You are the one who is working for the thought police.. And true to form, you suggest that we "get"...meaning that we require Ted Nugent to sell his instruments and do something specific with it.

Your controlling political ideology doesn't allow you do either see, or acknowledge that it is you and yours, who, in fact, want to control everyone and every thing.

View attachment 278211

He's a whiney twat.

He's a good musician, he's a whiney twat.

View attachment 278211

He's a whiney twat.

He's a good musician, he's a whiney twat.

Can you show me an example of him being a whiney twat?

Forum List

Back