Davey Crockett

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I named him Davey Crockett because Davy Crockett is my favorite person in history- my youngest son got him for me for Christmas in Dec 2010 from the local animal shelter- he was approximately 6 weeks old
His Indian name is; in-my-way-underfoot
He has many nick names:
Knothead; because he usually is
Knucklehead; because he usually is
Shithead; because he can be
Ratchet jaw; because he is occasionally
Damn it Davey; every once in a while
Sleeps a lot; he is a cat
Sugar cat; because he sometimes gives me sugar at bed time-

Attachments

• Davey Crockett.jpg
    Davey Crockett.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Banned

King of the wild frontier- born on a mountain top in Tennessee, greenest state in the land of the free, raised in the woods so he knew every tree, killed himself a bar when he was only 3-:dance:

I named him Davey Crockett because Davy Crockett is my favorite person in history- my youngest son got him for me for Christmas in Dec 2010 from the local animal shelter- he was approximately 6 weeks old
His Indian name is; in-my-way-underfoot
He has many nick names:
Knothead; because he usually is
Knucklehead; because he usually is
Shithead; because he can be
Ratchet jaw; because he is occasionally
Damn it Davey; every once in a while
Sleeps a lot; he is a cat
Sugar cat; because he sometimes gives me sugar at bed time-
He's a cute one, it sounds like you really love him. That's so cool. We have two cats in our household, a female age 10 and a male age 9. We love them and spoil them constantly. But they deserve it. They're both very affectionate and loving in return. Our female was from a special rescue agency that has people foster them at home and during the weekends they're taken to a Petsmart where they're up for adoption. We got our male from a local shelter when he was about 5 months old. They knew his exact birth date because he was born at the shelter. After we had him for almost 5 years, we had some problems with our landlord. We had to take him BACK to shelter, where he stayed a little over 4 months until we resolved the problems. It damn near broke my heart to have to return him to the shelter. After he had been back there for about 3 months, I made a deal with the shelter where they would hold him for us and not adopt him out to anyone else. I also donated close to $100 to the shelter during this time. We were so happy we were able to re-adopt him. I surprised my sister, whom I live with, by bringing him back home unannounced. We hadn't really set an exact date to re-adopt him, only that it would sometime in the next month. She was very happily surprised. And our cat, whom I named Oh! Henry, his full name, but we call him just Henry, was EXTREMELY happy to back home and out of the shelter. We've had him back now for a little over 4 years and will NEVER return him to the shelter. Our female cat, Emily, seemed to enjoy the 4+ months Henry was away and was happy to be the ONLY cat in the household. She spit and hissed at him for a few days after he returned, but she got over it. Now they're the best of buddies MOST of the time and often sleep together. Yes, cats and pets in general can be a real treasure!

Forum List

Back