Dave Grohl says he almost joined GWAR instead of Nirvana in the 80s, GWAR respond saying he made the wrong choice

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

this is reported in the media:

In a new interview, Grohl said that he was in the running to become the drummer of the shock metal band around the time he was playing in Washington, D.C. hardcore act Scream and before he joined Nirvana. "At the time, GWAR was a band that would draw like 700 people, right? Which is huge. And then the more I thought about it, am I really gonna invite my uncle to see me play when there's like fake blood and cum shooting all over the place?"⁠

Reached for comment, Blothar the Berserker told Heavy Consequence how it all went down. "Grohl remembers this ALL wrong!" Blothar said. "He used to hang around the track with all the other young punks jacked on gak. This is back before he lost all his teeth. We hired him and then called him back immediately and fired him. He was in the band for around 7 and a half minutes. He was holding us back."⁠

this is reported in the media:

In a new interview, Grohl said that he was in the running to become the drummer of the shock metal band around the time he was playing in Washington, D.C. hardcore act Scream and before he joined Nirvana. "At the time, GWAR was a band that would draw like 700 people, right? Which is huge. And then the more I thought about it, am I really gonna invite my uncle to see me play when there's like fake blood and cum shooting all over the place?"⁠

Reached for comment, Blothar the Berserker told Heavy Consequence how it all went down. "Grohl remembers this ALL wrong!" Blothar said. "He used to hang around the track with all the other young punks jacked on gak. This is back before he lost all his teeth. We hired him and then called him back immediately and fired him. He was in the band for around 7 and a half minutes. He was holding us back."⁠
Never liked nivana. All that "I hate myself and I wanna die" crap just sucks ass.

Forum List

Back