Dating sucks

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I've recently been on three dates with three different women and my conclusion is that dating sucks.

I've cancelled my subscription to Match and Elite and I have one more date with Matchmaker and then I'm done.

I've recently been on three dates with three different women and my conclusion is that dating sucks.

I've cancelled my subscription to Match and Elite and I have one more date with Matchmaker and then I'm done.

3 ?
Successful guys hit on 3 women per hour....it's numbers.
Even very handsome guys get rejected.
Online dating services DO suck.
The reason most guys fail at dating is because they are shy.
Women LOVE confident, aggressive guys (as long as they don't come off as overbearing or sleazy)
it's an art and some guys have so many women they have to blow many off.

or....
Look in the local paper and go attend a Church Social gathering.
I actually dated a woman I met that way for quite a while.

Last edited:
The deception is a problem.

My subscription to Elite is about to expire and now Elite is spamming me with "smiles" from women I know are fake.

Do not seek, and ye shall find.
Dating sites are all malarky. Women looking for a sugar daddy, men looking for..well...kitty (to be polite).

Church. Grocery stores. Libraries. Best way to meet a nice lady is to get a dog...and walk it often at the park. Women love men who love their dogs.

When me and MrGracie were separated, I was on PlentyOfFish. Hated it. Forums suck, mods there sucked, and nothing buy liars and probably cheats. However, some are there just to chitchat and say so in their bios "friends ONLY. Happily married" or some such. But some are NOT married. Just hesitant to go fishing...which is what my problem was. I just wanted a male pal and all I met were ones that were assholes and wanted more or demanded more than I was willing to share. So..I left. But its free, so........you might wanna check it out. Or..be like Welfare Queen and Sherry..who met right here on USMB and are still happily together. :)

Or..be like Welfare Queen and Sherry..who met right here on USMB and are still happily together. :)
Good name for an all girl band...
Sherry and the Welfare Queens
1602663404097.png

How old are you?

I renewed Match because I was in the middle of a conversation and wanted it to continue.

I have a date on Sunday and I will try to be "happy and confident" as someone said I need to be.

I realize that dating is a numbers game, there will be lots of dates that don't work out.

I feel better than I did when I started this thread.

I have mood swings, that's part of being bipolar.

Could be you, not them. Need advice on first dates?

The less you care the more successful you’ll be. It’s twisted, but I didn’t get a shot at making the rules.

Last edited:
And to think , we just went to a bar most of the time although I was always on the prowl everywhere I went, even church. We didn't even have the internet must less dating services. Hell if you have to pay to get laid, just find a hooker.
My wife and I met in R&R ( all night bar )on Peachtree St in Atlanta on Valentine's Day and we've been together since 1988...on a Wednesday night at a place neither of us had ever been to before. She was hammered with a girlfriend and puked out back that first night.

If that isn't fate or destiny, I don't know what is.

Do not seek, and ye shall find.
Dating sites are all malarky. Women looking for a sugar daddy, men looking for..well...kitty (to be polite).

Church. Grocery stores. Libraries. Best way to meet a nice lady is to get a dog...and walk it often at the park. Women love men who love their dogs.

Women who use online dating sites for the purpose of rejecting / hurting men

Let me let you in on another dark secret to online dating.......
There are a LOT and I mean a LOT of women who use online dating to actually get back at or hurt men.....or for power tripping.
They will play a game in which they reel in a man and then set up a date....for the sole purpose of rejection.
They may have been jilted by one or more men or maybe they just like the power it gives them.....but they do it.

Often the first warning sign is that they will say something a bit brash....like "oh, I expected something different" or "You look different than I expected"
Usually these are RUN signals.

You defeat this "game" by politely asking them if they feel you are someone they could potentially date, to not waste their time. (in the first 2 minutes)
It's blunt, but it shows extreme confidence and a willingness to walk.
95% of women will decide in the first 5 seconds if you are a potential, by appearances alone. Sad but true. men are the same for the most part.
You can waste time...or just be politely blunt and clear the air or end the game.
There is no reason to waste time or pay for someones night if they already know the night ends with No and Goodbye.

It's discussed heavily at Ask Men Forums.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back