Darwin's Tree Of Life Cut Down

Isn't Cargill a skosh biased? He appears on those tv shows as the atheist "scholar" like DeGrasse.

The global flood is a done deal and many scholars and scientists accept it.

Quit worrying about "atheists" .. Let the science, geology and archeology speak for itself. You don't have to make it conform to Bronze Age mythos and didactic literature. There are plenty of Christians, Muslims and Jews who are educated without losing their faith.

Wuwei

If all of the water in the atmosphere rained down at once, it would only cover the ground to a depth of 2.5 centimeters, about 1 inch.

Additionally, because only 1.7% of the earth’s water is stored underground,12 there is not nearly enough water in groundwater storage beneath the earth’s surface to account for the amount of water necessary to flood the entire earth to the extent described in the Bible.

Simply put: there is not enough water in Earth’s atmosphere to raise the ocean’s levels over an inch, much less to cover Mt. Ararat with water from 40 days of rain. There is simply not that much water in the system.

Thus, in order to even entertain the possibility of a worldwide flood, one has to bypass all laws of physics, exit the realm of science, and enter into the realm of the miraculous, which many biblical literalists are willing to do. It is hypothetically possible that, say, the polar ice caps melted.

This could raise the ocean levels beyond the 2.5 centimeters that all the earth’s atmospheric water could were it to all rain down, but even then the thaw would only slightly affect the world’s coastlines. Additionally, all scientific evidence points to larger polar ice caps in recent history, not smaller.

Right, but one gimmick of james bond is that there is a huge "ocean" of water stored around 600 miles underground as magnesium dihydroxide. Scientist estimate the amount of water could be equivalent to the entire ocean.

It is of course problematic for the bonds to break, the water to rise 600 miles through the "fountains of the deep", leaving pure magnesium behind in a gap of about 1.6 miles and then getting the water back down to combine with the magnesium.

I pointed that out, but I am still on his ignore list.

surada
My post #39 contains another contradiction between creationists and the bible that Bond won't see unless someone else posts it.

That's what I said, but also said no Ark is needed. I can't help it if you can't figure out what the truth is. Too many people have been fooled by evolution and immediately there is no God/Bible.
Right. No Ark is needed. Just pick and choose what parts of the tales and fables are convenient and drop the rest. Pick and choose religionism.

https://www.biblehub.com/esv/genesis/7.htm
19 And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered. 20 The waters prevailed above the mountains, covering them fifteen cubits deep.​

Hey creationists! Why do they call them high mountains if they were all flat.
Even if they were flat they were covered by 15 cubits = 25 feet.
I have trees in my back yard taller than that.

Its figurative language... Its storytelling. It means there was a bad flood.. LOLOL.. Severe enough to scare the people who lived "between the rivers" into fearing their whole world was underwater..

Funny thing is that in Genesis one flood is 40 days and nights.. the other is 150 days.

Mesopotamia%2Btoday.png

Right, but one gimmick of james bond is that there is a huge "ocean" of water stored around 600 miles underground as magnesium dihydroxide. Scientist estimate the amount of water could be equivalent to the entire ocean.

It is of course problematic for the bonds to break, the water to rise 600 miles through the "fountains of the deep", leaving pure magnesium behind in a gap of about 1.6 miles and then getting the water back down to combine with the magnesium.

I pointed that out, but I am still on his ignore list.

I was also on his ignore list... several times. He selectively responded to my comments when he found a youtube video or something from the ICR he could cut and paste to "prove" the bible is true. He reads what you write but youtube and fundamentalist ministries only allow him a limited number of responses.

Quit worrying about "atheists" .. Let the science, geology and archeology speak for itself. You don't have to make it conform to Bronze Age mythos and didactic literature. There are plenty of Christians, Muslims and Jews who are educated without losing their faith.
Atheists won't make it, so no worries there. I am letting the science speak for itself and the proof of the global flood is overwhelming. You admitted to all the flood myths from around the world; They were based on a true event. Your side still has no explanation of what happened to the Earth in billions of years and were wrong about the eternal universe to contradict the Bible.

Atheists won't make it, so no worries there. I am letting the science speak for itself and the proof of the global flood is overwhelming. You admitted to all the flood myths from around the world; They were based on a true event. Your side still has no explanation of what happened to the Earth in billions of years and were wrong about the eternal universe to contradict the Bible.

You know the Hararat mountains are in Arabia.

The flood myths were all local and at different times.. Josephus wrote that by the 1st century Jews believed the flood was a local event.

Its a great children's story.

Lol, you're the one who asked me what degrees I have? I became curious after you avoided my question as part of the conversation.

So, are there some professionals who believe in a global flood, and if so, what evidence do they have?

LMAO. Mt. Ararat in Turkey is where Noah's Ark ended up. I think they found its outline, but no remains.

Odd that there is such a curious lack of evidence for both the Ark and a global flood that is purported to have occurred just a few thousand years ago. You would think that such a find as "the Ark" would be quite an extraordinary find for science and theology alike. On the other hand, we have charlatans and carnival barkers making grandiose claims.

Might I suggest that if a gift shop selling tee shirts and coffee mugs opens for business on Mt Ararat .... ummm... don't waste your money.

On February 20, 1993, CBS aired "The Incredible Discovery of Noah's Ark," Sun International Pictures' rehash of its 1976 film "In Search of Noah's Ark."[1] At the end of June, Skeptics Society advisor Gerald Larue publicly revealed (via Associated Press and Time magazine) that George Jammal, one of the alleged eyewitnesses of Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat, was a hoaxer, and that Larue himself had played a role in the hoax.[2] The purpose: to demonstrate the shoddy research of Sun International Pictures.

Odd that there is such a curious lack of evidence for both the Ark and a global flood that is purported to have occurred just a few thousand years ago. You would think that such a find as "the Ark" would be quite an extraordinary find for science and theology alike. On the other hand, we have charlatans and carnival barkers making grandiose claims.

Might I suggest that if a gift shop selling tee shirts and coffee mugs opens for business on Mt Ararat .... ummm... don't waste your money.

On February 20, 1993, CBS aired "The Incredible Discovery of Noah's Ark," Sun International Pictures' rehash of its 1976 film "In Search of Noah's Ark."[1] At the end of June, Skeptics Society advisor Gerald Larue publicly revealed (via Associated Press and Time magazine) that George Jammal, one of the alleged eyewitnesses of Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat, was a hoaxer, and that Larue himself had played a role in the hoax.[2] The purpose: to demonstrate the shoddy research of Sun International Pictures.

Tigris and Euphrates Floods
Sep 07, 2011 · Fed by mountain snow and rainfall, the river is prone to springtime flooding. Flooding in this region is an annual affair, though typically, the floods peak in April and May when spring snowmelt ...

Tigris-Euphrates Basin
These flood waves are a major driving force in the ecology of the Tigris-Euphrates river system, particularly of the alluvial-deltaic plains of lower Mesopotamia as it constantly shifts between ...

Like I said to now both you and surada, the global flood is a done deal. I can't help it if you do not accept the evidence of God's word and the "flood" of evidence -- Noah's Flood - Archaeological Evidence | Street Witnessing. This is what's wrong with Darwinism and evolution as regular people started believing in lies and they and their atheist scientists do not trust factual evidence anymore. The only way to confirm is for people to die.

Like I said to now both you and surada, the global flood is a done deal. I can't help it if you do not accept the evidence of God's word and the "flood" of evidence -- Noah's Flood - Archaeological Evidence | Street Witnessing. This is what's wrong with Darwinism and evolution as regular people started believing in lies and they and their atheist scientists do not trust factual evidence anymore. The only way to confirm is for people to die.

Street witness? What a dumb website.. This is particularly funny..

"Life magazine in 1960 recorded this incident inspiring a young Archaeologist Ron Wyatt, who through much study concluded this was the only candidate likely to be the Ark.

Ron Wyatt didn’t believe that a boat from antiquity could still be intact, but did some research to see if its remains may have survived to this day."

He was a notorious conman.. Even Hayseed Stevens couldn't hold a candle to him.

Basically, our faiths whether we believe in God or not affects our science. Our science should not be based on faiths, but on "observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena" in our universe and Earth. Neither of our sciences are perfect as each side makes mistakes, but to just treat the other as a religion would be a mistake.

Even if creationism is correct, this does not mean that the Bible is "true", this is especially funny given that it is a very young book that very inaccurately copied derivatives from ancient mythology.
Both creationism and the literal reading of the Bible is true as science backs up the Bible. Science does not back up atheism nor atheist science as nothing is observable nor testable for evolution.

Both creationism and the literal reading of the Bible is true as science backs up the Bible. Science does not back up atheism nor atheist science as nothing is observable nor testable for evolution.

At james bond who won't see this because he cowardly blocks his eyes to some people.

Attempting to disprove evolution does not prove that science backs up the bible.
Creationists must demonstrate the nature of the science that they think occurs during the first six days of the Genesis. They have not done that.

They must also demonstrate where they think the water came from to cause a flood that goes well over four miles high and where it all drained.

“… like I said”, is not an argument and not a supportable position.

“… like I said” has an obvious lack of evidence which is why the flood myth is mere fable.

Science does not “back up “ the Bible. That is why you are unable to offer any factual science data from the Bible.

See how that works? Supporting your argument is a first step toward being taken seriously.

Forum List

Back