Darwin's Tree Of Life Cut Down

Excerpt:

Lack of Evidence for a Global Flood Where we Would Expect it.
A global flood would have produce evidence contrary to the evidence we see.

Why is there no evidence of a flood in ice core series? Ice cores from Greenland have been dated back more than 40,000 years by counting annual layers. Why doesn't evidence for the flood show up?

Why did the Flood not leave traces on the sea floors? A year long flood should be recognizable in sea bottom cores. Why do none of these show up?

Why is there no evidence of a flood in tree ring dating? Tree ring records go back more than 10,000 years, with no evidence of a catastrophe during that time.

How are the polar ice caps even possible? Such a mass of water as the Flood would have provided sufficient buoyancy to float the polar caps off their beds and break them up. They wouldn't regrow quickly.

Evidence supports the uninterrupted human occupation of the Americas (over 12,000 years) and Australasia (about 30,000-40,000 years) from long before the time that the flood could have happened.

Do you have a degree in geology? We aren't talking about NASA..This ring of fountains.. are you talking about the ring of fire?
I see another I'll tell you tomorrow atheist.

I was talking about your secondary degree, but I can accept you are too embarrassed to say so even though you smugly insulted me. I got the last laugh.

There is no need for a degree in geology to find out the aftermath of the global flood when the Bible explains. The main point is it changed the geology of the Earth in relatively short time. Not the millions of years it takes with a glacier. I learned that in elementary school. However, it isn't observable science. We should teach about the global flood event and historical effects in our schools today. Kids are still brainwashed with a slow moving glacier and millions of years.

I can provide other evidence of how the Bible and the global flood affected us to this day with NASA and their looking for habitable other planets. I'll discuss it more in detail when the subject comes up again.

Last edited:
I see another I'll tell you tomorrow atheist.

I was talking about your secondary degree, but I can accept you are too embarrassed to say so even though you smugly insulted me. I got the last laugh.

There is no need for a degree in geology to find out the aftermath of the global flood when the Bible explains. The main point is it changed the geology of the Earth in relatively short time. Not the millions of years it takes with a glacier. I learned that in elementary school. However, it isn't observable science. We should teach about the global flood event and historical effects in our schools today. Kids are still brainwashed with a slow moving glacier and millions of years.

I can provide other evidence of how the Bible and the global flood affected us to this day with NASA and their looking for habitable other planets. I'll discuss it more in detail when the subject comes up again.

Why would I need a secondary degree? I grew up surrounded by geologists, cartologists, real working chemical engineers, archaeologists.. That's what our town was made of. Core samples are very common to my experience.

BTW, they just excavated a 14,000 year old town in
Western Turkey... No flood evidence.

Why would I need a secondary degree? I grew up surrounded by geologists, cartologists, real working chemical engineers, archaeologists.. That's what our town was made of. Core samples are very common to my experience.

BTW, they just excavated a 14,000 year old town in
Western Turkey... No flood evidence.
Lol, you're the one who asked me what degrees I have? I became curious after you avoided my question as part of the conversation.

So, are there some professionals who believe in a global flood, and if so, what evidence do they have?

LMAO. Mt. Ararat in Turkey is where Noah's Ark ended up. I think they found its outline, but no remains.

Lol, you're the one who asked me what degrees I have? I became curious after you avoided my question as part of the conversation.

So, are there some professionals who believe in a global flood, and if so, what evidence do they have?

LMAO. Mt. Ararat in Turkey is where Noah's Ark ended up. I think they found its outline, but no remains.

Yes I did ask you. You seem particularly ignorant.

The didn't find the Ark in Turkey.

Yes I did ask you. You seem particularly ignorant.

The didn't find the Ark in Turkey.
You are the most ignorant if you're still wanting the Ark as evidence lol. Noah's Flood is a done deal even without the ark. There's plenty of evidence for the global flood which I covered too many times already. Atheists will never be convinced and so I am claiming victory once more and moving along. I think the majority of geology professionals agree with me.

What's important is what's to come in the near future and not the historicity.

Last edited:
You are the most ignorant if you're still wanting the Ark as evidence lol. Noah's Flood is a done deal even without the ark. There's plenty of evidence for the global flood which I covered too many times already. Atheists will never be convinced and so I am claiming victory once more and moving along. I think the majority of geology professionals agree with me.

No the majority of geologists don't agree with you. The Hebrews learned the Gilgamesh myth during the Babylonian exile and adapted it.

Noah's flood is not a done deal.
If the ocean were to double in volume, it would only rise by 2.1 miles. There are 108 mountains which are higher than 4.5 miles. Creationists would have to account for a hell of a lot of water to cover all the mountains of the earth.

Creationists have no idea where all that water could come from and where it would drain out.

Just use some simple arithmetic to figure it out yourself using these numbers.

The ocean contains 332,500,000 cubic miles of water.
The surface area of the earth is 197,000,000 sq mi.
The average land elevation is 0.5 miles.

Noah's flood is not a done deal.
If the ocean were to double in volume, it would only rise by 2.1 miles. There are 108 mountains which are higher than 4.5 miles. Creationists would have to account for a hell of a lot of water to cover all the mountains of the earth.

Creationists have no idea where all that water could come from and where it would drain out.

Just use some simple arithmetic to figure it out yourself using these numbers.

The ocean contains 332,500,000 cubic miles of water.
The surface area of the earth is 197,000,000 sq mi.
The average land elevation is 0.5 miles.

LOLOL.. Cretonist have got you.. They claim the earth was flat until the flood.. Mountains popped up.. some very very old like the Smokies some very new like the Alps.

There was no Ark found. This latest hoax is one of many perpetrated on the gullible. What's unfortunate is that there are fraudsters and charlatans who prey upon the fears and superstitions of people who have a willingness to believe in the “Sun Pictures” style frauds.

What's important is what's to come in the near future and not the historicity.

“Noah's Flood is a done deal even without the ark.”

Now that’s funny. The definition of pick and choose theism.

Is Genesis a done deal if we drop the part about fruit theft?

There was no Ark found. This latest hoax is one of many perpetrated on the gullible. What's unfortunate is that there are fraudsters and charlatans who prey upon the fears and superstitions of people who have a willingness to believe in the “Sun Pictures” style frauds.

In the original story that had elements of a real flood event in 2900 BC the Ark was several barges tied together hauling livestock, grain and beer down river.

They recently found that there was a massive flood event in Petra in 800 AD.

That's what I said, but also said no Ark is needed. I can't help it if you can't figure out what the truth is. Too many people have been fooled by evolution and immediately there is no God/Bible.

In the original story that had elements of a real flood event in 2900 BC the Ark was several barges tied together hauling livestock, grain and beer down river.

They recently found that there was a massive flood event in Petra in 800 AD.
The ark may not have been found, but there's plenty of other evidence as I've mentioned. We have the 3/4 of the Earth's surface covered by sedimentary layers or layers of rock and dirt that were washed away. Your side can't even explain what happened on the surface of the planet nor how its covered by 3/4 sea water. You may just admit that you're a science failure and I've proved it beyond doubt.

The ark may not have been found, but there's plenty of other evidence as I've mentioned. We have the 3/4 of the Earth's surface covered by sedimentary layers or layers of rock and dirt that were washed away. Your side can't even explain what happened on the surface of the planet nor how its covered by 3/4 sea water. You may just admit that you're a science failure and I've proved it beyond doubt.

Excerpt:

The worldwide flood described in Genesis 6-9 is not historical, but rather a combination of at least two flood stories, both of which descended from earlier Mesopotamian flood narratives.

Note that this does not mean all of the claims made in the Bible are false (or true for that matter); I am dealing here only with the biblical stories of the flood. (Also understand that the “slippery slope” claim of “all of the Bible is true or none of it is true” is simply an unnecessary rhetorical device designed to keep readers from doing precisely what scholars do every day: analyze each claim in the Bible on a case-by-case basis. It is not necessary to accept an “all or none” stance towards the Bible.)

Most biblical and ancient Near Eastern scholars argue that the flood is a mythical story adopted from earlier Mesopotamian flood accounts.

These earlier accounts include the 17th century BCE Sumerian flood myth Eridu Genesis,5 the 18th century BCE Akkadian Atra-Hasis Epic,6 and the Epic of Gilgamesh,7 which are some of the earliest known examples of a literary style of writing.

The most complete version of the Epic of Gilgamesh known today is preserved on 12 clay tablets from the library of Assyrian king Ashurbanipal (685-627 BCE). This extant Akkadian version is derived from earlier Sumerian versions. In the story, Gilgamesh and his companion, a wild man-beast named Enkidu, travel the world on a number of quests that ultimately displease the gods. After the death of Enkidu, Gilgamesh embarks on a journey to learn the secret of eternal life by visiting the immortal flood hero, Utnapishtim.

Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh how the god Ea (equivalent to the Sumerian god Enki) revealed the gods’ plan to destroy all life with a great flood, and how they instructed him to build a vessel in which he could save his family, friends, and livestock. After the flood, the gods repented for destroying the world and made Utnapishtim immortal.

continued

(2 FLOOD STORIES IN GENESIS)

Further evidence for the presence of two flood stories comes from the fact that in the narratives that speak about 40 days of flooding, god is referred to as the divine name YHWH, which supposedly was not revealed to readers until the episode of the burning bush in Exodus 3.

However, in the portions of the flood texts that refer to 150 days of flooding, god is referred to as elohim, the Hebrew word for “god.” The two different Hebrew flood narratives refer to god by different names rather consistently.

Thus, the textual evidence demonstrates that two flood narratives, most likely derived from earlier Assyrian and Sumerian flood narratives, were combined and adapted to fit the Israelite’s monotheistic faith and communicate lessons of a wrathful, destructive god, a regretful (Genesis 6:6) yet repentant god, and the origin of rainbows.

Wuwei

If all of the water in the atmosphere rained down at once, it would only cover the ground to a depth of 2.5 centimeters, about 1 inch.

Additionally, because only 1.7% of the earth’s water is stored underground,12 there is not nearly enough water in groundwater storage beneath the earth’s surface to account for the amount of water necessary to flood the entire earth to the extent described in the Bible.

Simply put: there is not enough water in Earth’s atmosphere to raise the ocean’s levels over an inch, much less to cover Mt. Ararat with water from 40 days of rain. There is simply not that much water in the system.

Thus, in order to even entertain the possibility of a worldwide flood, one has to bypass all laws of physics, exit the realm of science, and enter into the realm of the miraculous, which many biblical literalists are willing to do. It is hypothetically possible that, say, the polar ice caps melted.

This could raise the ocean levels beyond the 2.5 centimeters that all the earth’s atmospheric water could were it to all rain down, but even then the thaw would only slightly affect the world’s coastlines. Additionally, all scientific evidence points to larger polar ice caps in recent history, not smaller.

Excerpt:

The worldwide flood described in Genesis 6-9 is not historical, but rather a combination of at least two flood stories, both of which descended from earlier Mesopotamian flood narratives.

Note that this does not mean all of the claims made in the Bible are false (or true for that matter); I am dealing here only with the biblical stories of the flood. (Also understand that the “slippery slope” claim of “all of the Bible is true or none of it is true” is simply an unnecessary rhetorical device designed to keep readers from doing precisely what scholars do every day: analyze each claim in the Bible on a case-by-case basis. It is not necessary to accept an “all or none” stance towards the Bible.)

Most biblical and ancient Near Eastern scholars argue that the flood is a mythical story adopted from earlier Mesopotamian flood accounts.

These earlier accounts include the 17th century BCE Sumerian flood myth Eridu Genesis,5 the 18th century BCE Akkadian Atra-Hasis Epic,6 and the Epic of Gilgamesh,7 which are some of the earliest known examples of a literary style of writing.

The most complete version of the Epic of Gilgamesh known today is preserved on 12 clay tablets from the library of Assyrian king Ashurbanipal (685-627 BCE). This extant Akkadian version is derived from earlier Sumerian versions. In the story, Gilgamesh and his companion, a wild man-beast named Enkidu, travel the world on a number of quests that ultimately displease the gods. After the death of Enkidu, Gilgamesh embarks on a journey to learn the secret of eternal life by visiting the immortal flood hero, Utnapishtim.

Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh how the god Ea (equivalent to the Sumerian god Enki) revealed the gods’ plan to destroy all life with a great flood, and how they instructed him to build a vessel in which he could save his family, friends, and livestock. After the flood, the gods repented for destroying the world and made Utnapishtim immortal.

continued
Isn't Cargill a skosh biased? He appears on those tv shows as the atheist "scholar" like DeGrasse.

The global flood is a done deal and many scholars and scientists accept it.

LOLOL.. Cretonist have got you.. They claim the earth was flat until the flood.. Mountains popped up.. some very very old like the Smokies some very new like the Alps.
https://www.biblehub.com/esv/genesis/7.htm
19 And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered. 20 The waters prevailed above the mountains, covering them fifteen cubits deep.​

Hey creationists! Why do they call them high mountains if they were all flat.
Even if they were flat they were covered by 15 cubits = 25 feet.
I have trees in my back yard taller than that.

I find it amusing that you are one of the ones demanding that atheists stay out of religious conversations. And yet you take great pleasure in posting reams of Cut & Paste nonsense attacking any scientific theories that do not match your biblical beliefs.

I think the word I am looking for is "Hypocrisy".
Where did I say atheists "stay out of religious conversations?"

New Topics

Forum List

Back