midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
While this piece could be in the politics section it speaks to an area that rarely gets coverage, the intersection of sports and politics. A man in church with his daughter thinking wtf is going on today in America. Sports is the new religion in America, the enormous flag and the bowing of heads, and the children on the playing fields during and after school. A new worship that includes multiple media channels and 24 hour service. Language warning for the squeamish.

"I promise you I wanna stick to sports, but I seem to lack that superpower at the moment. Right now, all I get are little breaks in the cloud cover, a precious few moments where I find myself preoccupied with some other sh-it before remembering, “Oh yeah, this guy is running rampant through the corridors of power.” They’re gonna play that anthem and I’m not gonna feel all groovy and hopeful inside. I’m gonna just be reminded of the 60 million or so Americans who voted for Trump and think “America” means them and no one else."

"I’m gonna make chili and drink as much beer as my gut can hold and tweet out limp jokes about !!! ads. I am ready to plunge headlong into the business of supreme gluttony. I am ready to be ready for some football."

http://deadspin.com/the-darkest-super-bowl-1791885899

"I’m gonna just be reminded of the 60 million or so Americans who voted for Trump and think “America” means them and no one else."

As a psychologist, I have to say this is a very promising breakthrough. It's the first indications I am seeing of actual "acceptance" by the left of the outcome of the election. The acknowledgement of the millions who voted for Trump and do not share the views of the left. The stages of grief may almost be complete for some. And that's a good thing.

Note how the subject reveals a 'projection' of their own deep-seated sentiments with "them and no one else" here. This is healthy because they are working through the guilt of their own shortcomings. It's their conscience rectifying their ill-fated belief system. By transferring "them and no one else" to their adversaries, it helps them to cope and come to terms with what has happened.

This is very encouraging indeed.

While this piece could be in the politics section it speaks to an area that rarely gets coverage, the intersection of sports and politics. A man in church with his daughter thinking wtf is going on today in America. Sports is the new religion in America, the enormous flag and the bowing of heads, and the children on the playing fields during and after school. A new worship that includes multiple media channels and 24 hour service. Language warning for the squeamish.

"I promise you I wanna stick to sports, but I seem to lack that superpower at the moment. Right now, all I get are little breaks in the cloud cover, a precious few moments where I find myself preoccupied with some other sh-it before remembering, “Oh yeah, this guy is running rampant through the corridors of power.” They’re gonna play that anthem and I’m not gonna feel all groovy and hopeful inside. I’m gonna just be reminded of the 60 million or so Americans who voted for Trump and think “America” means them and no one else."

"I’m gonna make chili and drink as much beer as my gut can hold and tweet out limp jokes about !!! ads. I am ready to plunge headlong into the business of supreme gluttony. I am ready to be ready for some football."

http://deadspin.com/the-darkest-super-bowl-1791885899
Walk back from the abyss....try to control your out-of-control emotions. Think rather than emote...be an adult rather than a spoiled two year old.

CRAZY lefties...many have lost their minds....thanks to too much consumption of left wing fake news and Dem Party inflaming. Too bad they lack the ability to think.

Was the Tea Party violent? No
Is the left violent? LMFAO!!!

Rosy Cheeks

Here's a dark one: Super Bowl XIV (Rams-Steelers) at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.

The Steelers were already dominant, and the Rams had something to prove in their home-state, but the Steelers' dominance continued and broke the will of the Rams.

So ok, it's not that 'dark,' but it was for Rams fans (and Ferragamo fans who itched to see Bradshaw upstaged) and California fans of the NFL.

It really is a stark contrast between competitive sportsmanship 'culture' and politics/media devastation.

I remember the end of the intro credits of the American paramilitary fantasy-adventure animated film G.I. Joe: The Movie in which all of the heroic crusading 'Joes' contending with the swarming terrorist organization 'Cobra' near the Statue of Liberty (a symbol of the prophetic American Dream).

Did the politics of sports begin with free agency? Did free agency start to feel 'crooked' when we saw signs of capitalism mismanagement (in general!)?

I don't want to see the Patriots win a 5th title when the Falcons have a chance of winning their first. I hope this is a 'bright' Super Bowl and only because I'm hoping the exciting Falcons will shock the 'Patriots Machine.'

Write that up...that's my 'democracy Dianetics'!

Who will have the prophetic Golden Arm...Brady or Ryan?

I just might watch Jerry Maguire on Netflix before the big game.

Statue liberty.jpg

Forum List

Back