Confront reality
Oct 25, 2016
Houston
What type of matter is dark matter?
Of which particles consist dark matter?
How does dark matter arise?
What are the evidences of dark matter?

1594080665211.png

Galaxies set on fire and stars murdered in enormous flashes of light, sounds like Chicago and Minneapolis.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Should probably stick to the question of how it arises and then ask more questions.

So discuss alternate hypothosis with regard to empty space. Meanning challenge the cosmological constant in which Einsteins current model functions. Probably would wanna kick around the theory of electromagnetism as an ice breaker. Knawmean?

Should probably stick to the question of how it arises and then ask more questions.

So discuss alternate hypothosis with regard to empty space. Meanning challenge the cosmological constant in which Einsteins current model functions. Probably would wanna kick around the theory of electromagnetism as an ice breaker. Knawmean?
I understand how the concept of dark matter / dark energy arose. And I understand the theory of how it is "created" so to speak.

What I am trying to understand is if it is materially different than the matter that formed the universe.

Last edited:
I understand how the concept of dark matter / dark energy arose. And I understand the theory of how it is "created" so to speak.

What I am trying to understand is if it is materially different than the matter that formed the universe.

Right, I know. You're talking about the scale invariance of space. Duh.

More importantly, does dark matter matter?

You see planets rioting, stars looting, it really gets old after a while.

Black Lives Matter, but I don't really see dark matter matter. It would if we could measure it somehow like the temperature. I think it's hypothetical matter when we observe fast moving galaxies and they're clustered together. It could be gravity or dark matter that holds these galaxies clustered together. Actually, it could be anything we observe out in space and can't explain that is expanding at incredible speeds away from us or colliding.

If anyone claims they have observed or detected dark matter, then they should be put in the looney bin, but we can't because the science of atheism needs it along with dark energy to explain expansion phenomena. I think it's another term like cosmic inflation which is also popular with the science of atheism.

Right, I know. You're talking about the scale invariance of space. Duh.
I don't know what that is. I'm trying to figure out how if this matter is being added because the universe is expanding (i.e. empty space adds matter) why it doesn't clump together like other matter.

What is it about its properties that makes it behave differently.

I don't know what that is. I'm trying to figure out how if this matter is being added because the universe is expanding (i.e. empty space adds matter) why it doesn't clump together like other matter.

Well, what's to say that the properties of empty space do actually contract or dialate after a disturbance like an explosion/ bang? Perhaps the properties might remain unchanged. The very concept of dark matter seems to be a product of not actually challenging the scale invariance of the properties of empty space. Perhaps it remains scale variant.

That's actually why I'd mentioned about touching on the fundamentals of electromagnetism first, since scale invariance is present in the fundamental theory of it.

Last edited:

Well, what's to say that the properties of empty space do actually contract or dialate after a disturbance like an explosion/ bang? Perhaps the properties might remain unchanged. The very concept of dark matter seems to be a product of not actually challenging the scale invariance of the properties of empty space. Perhaps it remains scale variant.

That's actually why I'd mentioned about touching on the fundamentals of electromagnetism first, since scale invariance is present in the fundamental theory of it.
Ok, but I still don't understand how it can gravitationally affect the rest of the universe without itself being affected.

Ok, but I still don't understand how it can gravitationally affect the rest of the universe without itself being affected.

I don't particularly accept that it even exists, ding. Matter that is stronger than Newtons theory of gravitational attraction is yet to be observed so far as I know. And I believe there have been experiments that explain expansion of the universe and the speed of stars without even having to factor dark matter into it at all. Which basically voids the previous theory that there was more matter in the universe than we can see. I forget whose theory that was, but I know it was back in the 30s or thereabouts. Of course, I'm just a regular dolt with your standard Newtonian education. Anything a couple of fellers on the Internet could come up with would be nothing more than conjecture. But it's interesting, it's fun topical babble for people who are interested in that kind of thing.

Fritz Zwicky was the guy's name who introduced the theory about there being extra/dark matter that we couldn't see. 1933. I looked it up.

As I'd mentioned, though, we've seen research which explains the expansion and speed without having to even factor in Zwicky's theory of dark matter. If I'm not mistaken, there were some amendments to the laws. I forget who the researcher was, though, it's been a couple of years back. I do know that it was a researcher out of Geneva.

I don't particularly accept that it even exists, ding. Matter that is stronger than Newtons theory of gravitational attraction is yet to be observed so far as I know. And I believe there have been experiments that explain expansion of the universe and the speed of stars without even having to factor dark matter into it at all. Which basically voids the previous theory that there was more matter in the universe than we can see. I forget whose theory that was, but I know it was back in the 30s or thereabouts. Of course, I'm just a regular dolt with your standard Newtonian education. Anything a couple of fellers on the Internet could come up with would be nothing more than conjecture. But it's interesting, it's fun topical babble for people who are interested in that kind of thing.
I'm with you there. Seems like a fudge factor to me.

But that's why I am asking the questions; to test it to see if there is something I am missing.

More importantly, does dark matter matter?

You see planets rioting, stars looting, it really gets old after a while.

Black Lives Matter, but I don't really see dark matter matter. It would if we could measure it somehow like the temperature. I think it's hypothetical matter when we observe fast moving galaxies and they're clustered together. It could be gravity or dark matter that holds these galaxies clustered together. Actually, it could be anything we observe out in space and can't explain that is expanding at incredible speeds away from us or colliding.

If anyone claims they have observed or detected dark matter, then they should be put in the looney bin, but we can't because the science of atheism needs it along with dark energy to explain expansion phenomena. I think it's another term like cosmic inflation which is also popular with the science of atheism.
So your saying that dark matter is a cluster?

Racist!

Still what Vera Rubin found out in context of the rotation of the galaxy Andromeda is a very impressing question, which makes plaubsible the existence of "dark matter" (better to say: "unknown mass" - or "still unknown source of something what looks like gravitational force").

Here an example for the galaxy Messier 33:

Rotation_curve_of_spiral_galaxy_Messier_33_%28Triangulum%29.png

Rotation curve of spiral galaxy Messier 33 (yellow and blue points with error bars), and a predicted one from distribution of the visible matter (gray line). The discrepancy between the two curves can be accounted for by adding a dark matter halo surrounding the galaxy.

Last edited:

Still what Vera Rubin found out in context of the rotation of the galaxy Andromeda is a very impressing question, which makes plaubsible the existence of "dark matter" (better to say: "unknown mass" - or "still unknown source of something what looks like gravitational force").

Here an example for the galaxy Messier 33:

Rotation_curve_of_spiral_galaxy_Messier_33_%28Triangulum%29.png

Rotation curve of spiral galaxy Messier 33 (yellow and blue points with error bars), and a predicted one from distribution of the visible matter (gray line). The discrepancy between the two curves can be accounted for by adding a dark matter halo surrounding the galaxy.
Otherwise known as a fudge factor.

New Topics

Forum List

Back