Dante's Inferno

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
[youtube]LFpfureaCVs[/youtube]

you can stick that 80's bullshit up your arse. :lol:

...that is not to say there aren't a few 80's tunes worthy of Dante's place, but as time goes on they will be few and far between.

:cool:
dD

...that is not to say there aren't a few 80's tunes worthy of Dante's place, but as time goes on they will be few and far between.

dD

I just realized that this performance actually predates Led Zep II and their live 20 minute Whole Lotta Love encore where they would segue into Elvis and John Lee Hooker.

dD

I just realized that this performance actually predates Led Zep II and their live 20 minute Whole Lotta Love encore where they would segue into Elvis and John Lee Hooker.

I heard a tape (more than a few times) of Alvin Le playing this tune (bootleg) at an old venue called The Boston Tea Party, which predates Woodstock.

Even more awesome than the above.

these guys fucking rocked the house down....the sound kinda sucks here....could not find them in a bigger venue.....where you gotta see them....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIJuZJbizo]YouTube - FOGHAT - HONEY HUSH LIVE 1973[/ame]

and these guys kicked ass for about a year or so (1970) and then just faded....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgxktCKNuE[/ame]

once again kinda subpar sound quality....but Phil Keaggy is on many top 20 best guitarest lists...the solo at the end of the song is on many best solo lists.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeizNK4JWNU[/ame]

and then of course there is this guy......
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
[youtube]...[/youtube]

seen these guys (Cream) in 69 at the Anaheim Convention Center.....Spirit opened for them....good show....

Last week I went by the A stadium on the Pacific Coast Surf Liner train. Is the convention center near there or is it gone by now..like Boston Garden is?

---

3 guys making lots of sound..on the East Coast.
[youtube]fyF5J7au1jE[/youtube]

and one of my favorites...one of the best versions I've heard.

[youtube]uW3nPqPPBDw[/youtube]

my current favorite by GFR

[youtube]V5dF0I0yHNc[/youtube]

---

Grand Funk Railroad (also known as Grand Funk) is an American rock band that was highly popular during the 1970s. Grand Funk Railroad sold more than 25 million records, toured constantly, packed arenas worldwide, and received four RIAA gold albums during 1970—the most for any American group that year. The current Grand Funk Railroad lineup uses the nickname "The American Band", a reference to its 1973 hit "We're an American Band". A popular take on the band during its heyday was that, although the critics hated them, audiences loved them. The band's name is a play on words of the Grand Trunk Railroad, a railroad line that ran through the band's home town of Flint, Michigan.

Grand Funk broke The Beatles' Shea Stadium attendance record by selling out in just 72 hours.[1]

---

Grand Funk also happens to be Homer Simpson's favorite band. He has alluded to the fact in the season seven episode "Homerpalooza", in which, upon hearing Bart and Lisa don't know anything about GFR says "You kids don't know Grand Funk? The wild shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Schacher? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer? Oh, man!" and in the season twelve episode "A Tale of Two Springfields" when he gives The Who a list of songs to play which consists mostly of GFR songs and the song Pacman Fever.
-wikipedia

Last edited:
Didn't know Johnny was still alive...and playing!

[youtube]lhr4f3f1xfQ[/youtube]
Johnny Winter live at Bobino, Paris, France 15/03/10

this is like, the other day? OMG!

Forum List

Back