Damn it.

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
I was paying for my coffee just now before heading home to let my dog out to take a piss, and the cute girl at the cafe said something to me that sounded like "having a nice day?"

I replied, "yes, thank you. And yourself?"

She rolls her eyes, gives a nervous laugh, and says "no... Uh, that was a question."

I reply, "yes, you asked me if I'm having a nice day, right?"

Her (rolls eyes again): "Nevermind. Have a nice day!"

I have a girlfriend, but I find this particular girl to be supremely attractive - cute face, junk in the trunk, dresses in, uh, form-fitting clothing. Her hair's a little ratty (she might be a libtard trying to grow dreads, who knows) but all in all she's cute and friendly enough for me not to care.

She and I have locked eyes before, and everytime I'm there I can feel her eyes burning holes in my flesh (I won't say where... LOL).

Since I'm not a cheater, obviously this would go nowhere (at least not while I'm in a relationship) but my personal view is that flirting and "window shopping" as I call it are A-OK.

During our exchange, my mind was elsewhere, but as I was leaving I realized she may have asked me what I was doing later today, or something to that effect.

Either she thinks I'm an idiot, or she thinks that I shot her down.

Oh well. I'm a coffee fiend, so I'll probably be back there later this afternoon to get my fix. Maybe she'll ask me again.

Snow, is her hair any more ratty than that artsy liberal growth I last saw on your face? Or did you shave that shrubbery off? LOL

BTW, got my sight fixed, when do we shoot?

I was paying for my coffee just now before heading home to let my dog out to take a piss, and the cute girl at the cafe said something to me that sounded like "having a nice day?"

I replied, "yes, thank you. And yourself?"

She rolls her eyes, gives a nervous laugh, and says "no... Uh, that was a question."

I reply, "yes, you asked me if I'm having a nice day, right?"

Her (rolls eyes again): "Nevermind. Have a nice day!"

I have a girlfriend, but I find this particular girl to be supremely attractive - cute face, junk in the trunk, dresses in, uh, form-fitting clothing. Her hair's a little ratty (she might be a libtard trying to grow dreads, who knows) but all in all she's cute and friendly enough for me not to care.

She and I have locked eyes before, and everytime I'm there I can feel her eyes burning holes in my flesh (I won't say where... LOL).

Since I'm not a cheater, obviously this would go nowhere (at least not while I'm in a relationship) but my personal view is that flirting and "window shopping" as I call it are A-OK.

During our exchange, my mind was elsewhere, but as I was leaving I realized she may have asked me what I was doing later today, or something to that effect.

Either she thinks I'm an idiot, or she thinks that I shot her down.

Oh well. I'm a coffee fiend, so I'll probably be back there later this afternoon to get my fix. Maybe she'll ask me again.

You seem to be hyper-sensitive if you ask me. It is no big deal. Be a nice customer but keep your word to your girlfriend. If there is too much miscommunication or embarrassment with this waitress, then move on. If you are bothered by it, communicate with your girlfriend. It is as simple as that.

Yesterday morning I went to get my coffee. She was standing at the cash register reading a very thin paperback that had been folded backwards such that you couldn't see the cover. *ALARM BELLS IMMEDIATELY START GOING OFF IN MY HEAD*

Me: "Either you're reading The Communist Manifesto or one of those pamphlets that the Jehovah's witnesses pass out."

Her: "Oh, it's The Manifesto. I wouldn't read the religious stuff."

Wow - I'm good. I must be more cultured than I give myself credit for.

Later, I headed back for my late afternoon fix. She was talking to two of the busboys and told me she'd be right there.

A minute later:

Her: "Sorry, we were having a meeting."

Me: "Oh, were you guys talking about the spectre that's haunting Europe?"

Her: "No, uh, I don't think they've read it yet."

Me: "I see."

We told eachother to have a nice day, and I turned to leave. As I'm walking out the door, she asks me a question.

Her: "So, are you like, a fan?"

Me: "Uh... More like a recovering fan." :cool:

She giggled or whatever, and I left.

I thought that she may have misinterpreted my reply, which was meant to be playful, as being hostile. But today when I went in to get coffee she smiled, bit her lip, and looked down :eusa_whistle:

Yesterday morning I went to get my coffee. She was standing at the cash register reading a very thin paperback that had been folded backwards such that you couldn't see the cover. *ALARM BELLS IMMEDIATELY START GOING OFF IN MY HEAD*

Me: "Either you're reading The Communist Manifesto or one of those pamphlets that the Jehovah's witnesses pass out."

Later, I headed back for my late afternoon fix. She was talking to two of the busboys and told me she'd be right there.

A minute later:

We told eachother to have a nice day, and I turned to leave. As I'm walking out the door, she asks me a question.

I thought that she may have misinterpreted my reply, which was meant to be playful, as being hostile. But today when I went in to get coffee she smiled, bit her lip, and looked down :eusa_whistle:

Must be your boyish charm, Snow. Either that or she thinks you look like some famous actor.

You know what, hjmick? I was out drinking a few nights ago and I was speaking with a woman who brought up the whole Ben Affleck thing too. I don't see it but, hey, I'm not gonna complain.

Anyway, at Jillian's suggestion I recommended Solzhenitsyn to Commie Girl - she gave me the cold shoulder this morning so I guess that she didn't like him too much :eusa_angel:

You know what, hjmick? I was out drinking a few nights ago and I was speaking with a woman who brought up the whole Ben Affleck thing too. I don't see it but, hey, I'm not gonna complain.

Anyway, at Jillian's suggestion I recommended Solzhenitsyn to Commie Girl - she gave me the cold shoulder this morning so I guess that she didn't like him too much :eusa_angel:

Sorry... :eusa_silenced:

No problem, I ran the Gulag Archipelago idea across some of my real life friends and they agreed that it was a great idea. Anyway, all is not lost! Virtually every girl I've ever befriended has hated my guts before getting to know me :badgrin:

It's there, you're just too close to see it. Believe me, I don't say things like that to men. My wife already tells me I'm gay. That's what I get for doing the cooking and laundry.

It's there, you're just too close to see it. Believe me, I don't say things like that to men. My wife already tells me I'm gay. That's what I get for doing the cooking and laundry.

One time some people were over and my buddy Dan (a member of the ponytail brigade - you met him one of the times we went shooting) said "wouldn't it be funny if a girl called her boyfriend a faggot?" My girlfriend started laughing, because she calls me a faggot all the time :redface:

if a woman is flirting with you, and it makes you uncomfortable, tell her to stop.

and if you have flirted back, do not.

simple :0

Snow, is her hair any more ratty than that artsy liberal growth I last saw on your face? Or did you shave that shrubbery off? LOL

BTW, got my sight fixed, when do we shoot?

A minute later:

Dear Snowman,

Tell your girlfriend this is tempting you...she'll set your head back on straight!

Or

End it now with the girlfriend.

What you are doing is wrong... Wrong for your GF....

And quite frankly, you are not marrying material, at this point in your life, and if this is what she, (your GF) thinks you are, "marrying material", then she will be tremendously hurt by your behavior and lack of true loyalty, which comes with true love.

Ask yourself this:

Would you have the same conversations and flirting sessions with this young lady behind the counter... with your girlfriend standing right next to you?

If you wouldn't, then don't venture, and have these conversations without her around.

If you would have the same casual flirting with this young lady behind the counter, with your girlfriend present, then I would agree that it is harmless and just a little fun.

Care

word

Dear Snowman,

Tell your girlfriend this is tempting you...she'll set your head back on straight!

Or

End it now with the girlfriend.

What you are doing is wrong... Wrong for your GF....

And quite frankly, you are not marrying material, at this point in your life, and if this is what she, (your GF) thinks you are, "marrying material", then she will be tremendously hurt by your behavior and lack of true loyalty, which comes with true love.

Ask yourself this:

Would you have the same conversations and flirting sessions with this young lady behind the counter... with your girlfriend standing right next to you?

If you wouldn't, then don't venture, and have these conversations without her around.

If you would have the same casual flirting with this young lady behind the counter, with your girlfriend present, then I would agree that it is harmless and just a little fun.

Care

New Topics

Forum List

Back