Dallas Prosecutor disbarred over withholding evidence.

I most definitely agree with this. With it being a prosecutor who withheld the evidence, I can't help but wonder if they knew the people who were cleared due to the withholding. To me, if anyone in that courtroom is connected to the defendant in any way, they shouldn't have a legal role in that picture whatsoever. I remember when Lucy got jury duty during the 7th season of the 7th Heaven show, she and the other jurors were asked if they knew the defendant who ended up being one of her high school boy friends and when she said so, I guess someone else had to fill her spot. To me, it shouldn't be any different with the lawyer and judges too. They may be even more important compared to the jury members.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Leave it to the racist Democrat-controlled machine to unfairly target innocent blacks.....

Politics & Voting in Dallas, Texas​

The Political Climate in Dallas, TX is Strongly liberal.
Dallas County, TX is Strongly liberal. In Dallas County, TX 64.9% of the people voted Democrat
in the last presidential election, 33.3% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 1.8% voted Independent.
In the last Presidential election, Dallas county remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 64.9% to 33.3%.
Dallas county voted Democratic in the four most recent Presidential elections, after 2000 and 2004 went Republican

Leave it to the racist Democrat-controlled machine to unfairly target innocent blacks.....

Dallas County, TX is Strongly liberal. In Dallas County, TX 64.9% of the people voted Democrat
in the last presidential election, 33.3% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 1.8% voted Independent.
In the last Presidential election, Dallas county remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 64.9% to 33.3%.
Dallas county voted Democratic in the four most recent Presidential elections, after 2000 and 2004 went Republican

Unfortunately we see what you did here all the time. This story is about people and trying to make a fair and just justice system and all you can do is see things through the myopic lens of politics. People do not matter to you, only your politics. If you see something benefiting your politics all is good. If that very same thing appears to hurt your politics then it is bad.

These kind of things happen all over the country.

Texas Rules of Disciplinary Conduct 3.09

(d) make timely disclosure to the defense of all evidence or information known to the prosecutor that tends to negate the guilt of the accused or mitigates the offense, and, in connection with sentencing, disclose to the defense and to the tribunal all unprivileged mitigating information known to the prosecutor, except when the prosecutor is relieved of this responsibility by a protective order of the tribunal

Comment 1. A prosecutor has the responsibility to see that justice is done, and not simply to be an advocate. This responsibility carries with it a number of specific obligations. Among these is to see that no person is threatened with or subjected to the rigors of a criminal prosecution without good cause.

If every prosecutor in Texas took that responsibility seriously, and potentially faced FUCKING JAIL TIME for not doing so, you would see more justice for black folks.

That is something that I take VERY SERIOUSLY and I am NOT very forgiving.

(d) make timely disclosure to the defense of all evidence or information known to the prosecutor that tends to negate the guilt of the accused or mitigates the offense, and, in connection with sentencing, disclose to the defense and to the tribunal all unprivileged mitigating information known to the prosecutor, except when the prosecutor is relieved of this responsibility by a protective order of the tribunal

Comment 1. A prosecutor has the responsibility to see that justice is done, and not simply to be an advocate. This responsibility carries with it a number of specific obligations. Among these is to see that no person is threatened with or subjected to the rigors of a criminal prosecution without good cause.

If every prosecutor in Texas took that responsibility seriously, and potentially faced FUCKING JAIL TIME for not doing so, you would see more justice for black folks.

This is a problem with our system country wide not just in Texas.

My daughter called me on Jan 1 a few years back. Said she had been charged with DUI. Our limit is .8. She registered a .8. My daughter has something called A1D1

Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency: MedlinePlus Genetics.

She did go to a New Years party. She said she had one drink but it was a couple hours before leaving (she knew she could call me if needed). She gets stopped. Her lung capacity is diminished. The officer did all the road side tests and tells her she passed. Just one last thing.........do the breath analyzer. Now if it was me I would have told him to bugger off as he had no probable cause. Anyway, she tried. She could not blow hard enough into it. It was real cold and she asked if she could put her jacket on. She was told no. This really made me mad as she is susceptible to pneumonia.

She explains her condition and asks to use her inhaler. She does. Still not enough. She uses it again. Still no go. He takes her to the station (which is 5 minutes away). There she uses her inhaler and inside she is able to register .8. He arrests her.

I read where you have to wait a half hour after using an inhaler and that the law states that also. She used it three times.

A lawyer wanted $1000. I said lets just go and defend ourselves and if you lose, appeal and then get the lawyer. We go.......on the stand the officer admitted she passed the manual tests. Then explains her inhaler uses. Now the judge must have been a decent judge as she came prepared. She ripped that officer a new one reading him the law. It seems she is asthmatic and uses an inhaler also.

Anyway, NOT GUILTY. Afterwards I told the judge that I appreciated her ruling. She tells me that the lawyer would have made one phone call and it would have been tossed. $1000 for one phone call. What I was really mad about was the prosecutor. They knew it was a bogus arrest. They knew they never should have prosecuted but they did.

My daughter called me on Jan 1 a few years back. Said she had been charged with DUI. Our limit is .8. She registered a .8. My daughter has something called A1D1

She did go to a New Years party. She said she had one drink but it was a couple hours before leaving (she knew she could call me if needed). She gets stopped. Her lung capacity is diminished. The officer did all the road side tests and tells her she passed. Just one last thing.........do the breath analyzer. Now if it was me I would have told him to bugger off as he had no probable cause. Anyway, she tried. She could not blow hard enough into it. It was real cold and she asked if she could put her jacket on. She was told no. This really made me mad as she is susceptible to pneumonia.

She explains her condition and asks to use her inhaler. She does. Still not enough. She uses it again. Still no go. He takes her to the station (which is 5 minutes away). There she uses her inhaler and inside she is able to register .8. He arrests her.

I read where you have to wait a half hour after using an inhaler and that the law states that also. She used it three times.

A lawyer wanted $1000. I said lets just go and defend ourselves and if you lose, appeal and then get the lawyer. We go.......on the stand the officer admitted she passed the manual tests. Then explains her inhaler uses. Now the judge must have been a decent judge as she came prepared. She ripped that officer a new one reading him the law. It seems she is asthmatic and uses an inhaler also.

Anyway, NOT GUILTY. Afterwards I told the judge that I appreciated her ruling. She tells me that the lawyer would have made one phone call and it would have been tossed. $1000 for one phone call. What I was really mad about was the prosecutor. They knew it was a bogus arrest. They knew they never should have prosecuted but they did.
One of the biggest problems is the conviction reward system. Their pay and promotion is tied to how many convictions they get. That is a TERRIBLE way to prevent prosecutorial abuse. It should be outlawed in all DA offices.

One of the biggest problems is the conviction reward system. Their pay and promotion is tied to how many convictions they get. That is a TERRIBLE way to prevent prosecutorial abuse. It should be outlawed in all DA offices.

Yes, it's what they use to run for higher office on. "I had a 93 percent conviction rate. "

So you agree the justice system has a systemic racial bias problem?

Cool!

So you agree the justice system has a systemic racial bias problem?

Cool!
We have a systemic prosecutor-wants-to-make-a-career-for-himself-and-doesn't-give-a-fuck-whose-life-he-ruins-in-the-process problem.

Collin County DA Greg Willis has the same goal of fixing the prosecutor motives. I helped with his campaign. THE FIRST THING he did was remove incentives for gaining convictions for Assistant DAs. Now they don't benefit from "winning" more cases. But, that's only one step in fixing this prosecutor problem. We are nowhere near where we need to be on accountability. Not even close. I am trying. I am doing my best. It's hard work.

I agree that there is a statistical bias against black people when it comes to crime and prosecution. There are many factors causing this problem, which I am actively trying to HELP fix.

Some factors we can't control.

Black kids are more likely to be involved in crime, which creates stereotypes, which creates confirmation bias, which causes more black children to be raised without one of their parents, which causes them to be more likely to be involved in crime, which furthers stereotypes, which furthers confirmation bias, etc. I don't know what to do about that, but there is a bias. That is undeniable.

What doesn't help is being an asshole when interacting with the police, because that furthers biases and stereotypes.

Now you know why I am ready to see this prosecutor hanged. He is a HUGE source of the problem and should never see the light of day again. Every person he prosecuted should get a new trial, if they are still alive.

But, to characterize this as a systemic racism problem is not only inaccurate, but counterproductive. It's NOT helping.

I wish people would quit singing the "racism" tune on this topic, because it is FUCKING UP MY EFFORTS!!!

Last edited:
It's sad that this is only the fourth prosecutor disbarred for this. He should actually be going to prison but all the same I have to hope we are going see more prosecutors being held accountable over things like this.

Dallas County Prosecutor Disbarred for Withholding Evidence After 2 Men Cleared of Capital Murder Charges

That man belongs in prison.

He broke the law.

Yet all he faced was losing his law license.

This garbage has to stop. Put these criminals in prison where they belong. That way this garbage will either stop or at least not happen as much.

This it the United States of America. Where justice is supposed to be blind and justice for all.

That has been turned into nothing but a sick joke.

Forum List

Back