Dad Refuses to Give Up Newborn Son With Down Syndrome. Wife Divorces Him and Leaves Child.

Steinlight

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2014
What a bitch. Where are the feminists and SJWs condemning this hateful woman?

Forrest followed doctors and nurses into a room where he'd finally get to meet his baby.

"When I walked into the room they all turned to me and said 'Leo has Down syndrome," he told ABC News. "I had a few moments of shock."

After the news had sunk in, Forrest held Leo for the very first time.

"They took me in see him and I looked at this guy and I said, he's beautiful -- he's perfect and I'm absolutely keeping him."

Soon Forrest walked into his wife's hospital room with Leo in his arms.

Her reaction was unlike one he ever expected.

"I got the ultimatum right then," he said. "She told me if I kept him then we would get a divorce."

Attempts to reach the hospital for comment weren't immediately successful. The baby's mother, Ruzan Badalyan, told ABC News that she did have a child with Down syndrome and she has left her husband, who has the child, but she declined to elaborate.

Dad Refuses to Give Up Newborn Son With Down Syndrome - ABC News

Don't judge lest ye be judged. I do wish that she'd been stronger though. Maybe she'll turn around one day.
Feminists and the Left judge people all the time. What a shallow response. You guys just use that argument when the subject being judged doesn't fit your political narrative, like when a woman abandons her down syndrome child. This is a tough one for you guys, so many facets here, the right to divorce, the pro-choice argument, discrimination against the mentally handicapped. But I guess at the end of the day the feminist line predominates on the left, and supersedes any other argument. You can't condemn a clearly immoral act because it conflicts with your political narrative.

By the way, I am willing to be judged if I abandon my child, so yes I will judge her for this. Not only is she breaking the vow to her husband she made to be with him until death, she is abandoning a child who more than a regular child needs his father and mother.

I wonder, if she makes any money, will she be forced to pay child support? This seems exactly the type of case child support was designed for. And I hope she is squeezed for every penny.

Don't judge lest ye be judged. I do wish that she'd been stronger though. Maybe she'll turn around one day.
Feminists and the Left judge people all the time. What a shallow response. You guys just use that argument when the subject being judged doesn't fit your political narrative, like when a woman abandons her down syndrome child. This is a tough one for you guys, so many facets here, the right to divorce, the pro-choice argument, discrimination against the mentally handicapped. But I guess at the end of the day the feminist line predominates on the left, and supersedes any other argument. You can't condemn a clearly immoral act because it conflicts with your political narrative.

By the way, I am willing to be judged if I abandon my child, so yes I will judge her for this. Not only is she breaking the vow to her husband she made to be with him until death, she is abandoning a child who more than a regular child needs his father and mother.

I wonder, if she makes any money, will she be forced to pay child support? This seems exactly the type of case child support was designed for. And I hope she is squeezed for every penny.
What's the view like from way up there on your pedestal?

This is the best response you can craft? Don't judge people?

Come on, you are smarter than that, at least I hope. Either come up with a cogent argument as to how this isn't wrong or condemn the woman and move on. Or you can stop posting in this thread and wasting text space.

So much for the women being able to say all men are assholes..
If this were the reverse, we would be hearing stories of how brave this single mother is and how the husband is a hateful bigot who wouldn't take care of his son. They would be right in their condemnation of the man, yet their double standard is exposed when they won't criticize the woman, I think they also do it to glorify single motherhood and marginalize the traditional family unit. I think this is because the Left is taking an increasingly anti-male line. Though thankfully, many women don't buy it. And statistics show, once they get married, they become more conservative. So we need to be encouraging marriage and fostering the social conditions that allow it to thrive.

So much for the women being able to say all men are assholes..
If this were the reverse, we would be hearing stories of how brave this single mother is and how the husband is a hateful bigot who wouldn't take care of his son. They would be right in their condemnation of the man, yet their double standard is exposed when they won't criticize the woman, I think they also do it to glorify single motherhood and marginalize the traditional family unit. I think this is because the Left is taking an increasingly anti-male line. Though thankfully, many women don't buy it. And statistics show, once they get married, they become more conservative. So we need to be encouraging marriage and fostering the social conditions that allow it to thrive.

You and me on the role feminism has played in society are in 100% agreement.

Obviously very clear.

So I'll temporarily disregard the fact that republicans go out of their way to block funding for every single type of special education program that's ever been proposed and just ask this:

Which one of you cons wants to cast the first stone at this woman?

So I'll temporarily disregard the fact that republicans go out of their way to block funding for every single type of special education program that's ever been proposed and just ask this:

So it is the Republicans fault this woman abandoned her down syndrome child?

Damn you are reaching.

This display is pathetic to be honest.

Damn you are reaching.

Your thread started off fine enough. But since then it's been made pretty clear that you're just an asshole.

Damn you are reaching.

Your thread started off fine enough. But since then it's been made pretty clear that you're just an asshole.
Yea, I am the asshole condemning a woman who leaves her husband and down syndrome new born, whatever. Talk about an inverted moral compass on your part. This isn't some internet hugbox buddy, I am not going to let you hijack this story to fit your deluded political view on how this somehow connected to or the fault of Republicans.

The mother is not a bitch. In her community, people with disabilities and diseases are outcasts. The child would never be accepted, and she would never be accepted if she took the child home. She would have had to make a very tough decision, and I don't envy her for it.

Damn you are reaching.

Yea, I am the asshole condemning a woman who leaves her husband and down syndrome new born, whatever. Talk about an inverted moral compass on your part. This isn't some internet hugbox buddy, I am not going to let you hijack this story to fit your deluded political view on how this somehow connected to or the fault of Republicans.
Well you already hijacked this story to fit your deluded views. So excuse me if I continue to think you're an asshole. :thup:

The mother is not a bitch. In her community, people with disabilities and diseases are outcasts. The child would never be accepted, and she would never be accepted if she took the child home. She would have had to make a very tough decision, and I don't envy her for it.
There is no proof in the article she left because her culture or whatever, though there is no good reason to abandon one's child, particularly a child like this that need's a mother's care especially. But if that is the case, then they are a vile community/culture that should be condemned along with the woman.

Damn you are reaching.

Well you already hijacked this story to fit your deluded views. So excuse me if I continue to think you're an asshole. :thup:
My deluded view a mother shouldn't abandon their child? Yea, your view to "not judge her", not deluded at all.

There is no proof in the article she left because her culture or whatever, though there is no good reason to abandon one's child, particularly a child like this that need's a mother's care especially. But if that is the case, then they are a vile community/culture that should be condemned along with the woman.

Armenian mother Ruzan Badalyan denies 8216 abandoning 8217 Down Syndrome baby

The mother now says that the husband wanted to move back to New Zealand and never suggested that she come with him. She does make references to what the child's life would be life if he stayed in her home country.

Armenian mother Ruzan Badalyan denies 8216 abandoning 8217 Down Syndrome baby

The mother now says that the husband wanted to move back to New Zealand and never suggested that she come with him. She does make references to what the child's life would be life if he stayed in her home country.
And your point is?

Why are you excusing her behavior? Even at the end of the article you linked, after her long, convoluted, and contradictory story, she admitted she abandoned her child.

We need more people in this world like that man.

God bless you and him and his little boy always!!!

Holly

P.S. Is it people like that woman who wouldn't be missed if they were not around anymore.

Forum List

Back