Cuts to special Olympics?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Obama’s chief of staff apologizes for “retarded” remark – The Denver Post

Remember that? Republicans felt that special needs children had been terribly maligned and insulted.

Trump administration proposes to end all government funding for the Special Olympics, arguing that private philanthropy will pick up the bill

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos' budget proposal for 2020 would eliminate $17.6 million in federal funding for supporting Special Olympics athletes, training facilities, and programs for children with disabilities.

as well as several cuts to public-school funding, including to programs for students with autism and students who are blind.
——————

The early dollars that come from the federal government are used as leverage to help get more money from charitable organizations. The federal money shows you organization is important.

Isn’t it enough the Republicans have to screw over the middle class and the poor, but now they’re going after special needs children, the autistic and even the blind?

Are they still calling themselves Christians?

Can somebody explain this to me?

I really want to know.

To me, this doesn’t seem just un-American, it’s monstrous!

Remember that? Republicans felt that special needs children had been terribly maligned and insulted.

Trump administration proposes to end all government funding for the Special Olympics, arguing that private philanthropy will pick up the bill

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos' budget proposal for 2020 would eliminate $17.6 million in federal funding for supporting Special Olympics athletes, training facilities, and programs for children with disabilities.

as well as several cuts to public-school funding, including to programs for students with autism and students who are blind.
——————

The early dollars that come from the federal government are used as leverage to help get more money from charitable organizations. The federal money shows you organization is important.

Isn’t it enough the Republicans have to screw over the middle class and the poor, but now they’re going after special needs children, the autistic and even the blind?

I really want to know.

So donate like I do and stop asking the government to do it for you...

• Banned
We're all certain that you've rushed to your checkbook, to cut Special Olympics a nice fat check to help fill the void. :rolleyes:
Another group the Democrats are supposed to support, like the GOP base?
I have no problem supporting them. But I do have a problem supporting the GOP base.

It’s the Republicans choice to be against education and to live off government food stamps and welfare, but why do I have to pay for it?

I would rather pay for people that have issues, than people who are stubborn, lazy and have a determined ignorance.

——————

I really want to know.

Sean Duffy disagrees with you and he lives in the Real World. Deantard.

We're all certain that you've rushed to your checkbook, to cut Special Olympics a nice fat check to help fill the void. :rolleyes:
I have no problem supporting them. But I do have a problem supporting the GOP base.

It’s the Republicans choice to be against education and to live off government food stamps and welfare, but why do I have to pay for it?

I would rather pay for people that have issues, than people who are stubborn, lazy and have a determined ignorance.
I'll score the answer to my question a big NO.

It’s obvious the GOP is doing fine without your support. That must be frausrating.

• Banned

It’s obvious the GOP is doing fine without your support. That must be frausrating.
If they are doing so well why are they damaging the country the way they did under bush? Unless that’s their goal. Then they are very successful.

• Banned
Devos was asked how many children was she hurting?

And she said I don’t know.

But I’m pretty sure she was thinking I don’t know and I don’t give a flying sh!t.

Like Melania said, I really don’t care, do you?

I know Republicans won’t understand this, but yes, I do care.

The Special Olympics isn’t just games. They also fight bullying, they fight under achieving for these children, they support the children in many ways. I know Republicans don’t understand, but there really are Americans that do.

But I’m pretty sure she was thinking I don’t know and I don’t give a flying sh!t.

The fuck you do....You want the taxpayers to do your "caring" for you.

——————

I really want to know.

So donate like I do and stop asking the government to do it for you...

You write as if you think the government is a different group than the people. We, as a country decided long ago that it was better for everybody if we gave those that needed it a helping hand instead of leaving them to fend for themselves. It's a big part of what helped us to become great. Politicians were tasked with carrying out our wishes. If the right continues to stop our small efforts to help those that need it most, we will then have a need to make America great again. I prefer not to throw away our moral background to save a few bucks that will only go in the pockets of the rich anyway

I'm a tax payer, and that is the most efficient way for my "caring" to get to the people who need it. Society has a responsibility to help those that need it. Go live in a cave somewhere if you don't like it, you selfish bastard.

I'm a tax payer, and that is the most efficient way for my "caring" to get to the people who need it. Society has a responsibility to help those that need it. Go live in a cave somewhere if you don't like it, you selfish bastard.
I totally agree. You put it much better than I did.

Forum List

Back