"cut the wealth of billionaires in half over 15 years, "

Yet you STILL cannot prov ide a shred of evidence that income inequality harms anyone,.
"Effects of income inequality, researchers have found, include higher rates of health and social problems, and lower rates of social goods,[1] a lower population-wide satisfaction and happiness[2][3] and even a lower level of economic growth when human capital is neglected for high-end consumption.[4]

"For the top 21 industrialised countries, counting each person equally, life expectancy is lower in more unequal countries (r = -.907).[5] A similar relationship exists among US states (r = -.620).[6]"

Effects of economic inequality - Wikipedia

"Effects of income inequality, researchers have found, include higher rates of health and social problems, and lower rates of social goods,[1] a lower population-wide satisfaction and happiness[2][3] and even a lower level of economic growth when human capital is neglected for high-end consumption.[4]

"For the top 21 industrialised countries, counting each person equally, life expectancy is lower in more unequal countries (r = -.907).[5] A similar relationship exists among US states (r = -.620).[6]"

Effects of economic inequality - Wikipedia
No they do not they only show associoation they show no cause and effect.

You cannot demonstrate one bit of harm that it causes.

"It's a point of principle. It's outright theft."

I dont know how it is in your country and I know you're a foreigner so I will explain. In this country taxes are what you pay for the privilege of being able to make a billion dollars.
No, taxes are nothing but theft. Keeping it is a "privilege" only to thieves and thugs.

Let them try this theory on an experimental basis and start with the media moguls. This country would be infinitely stronger if they were infinitely weaker.

Ah, yes, the US mindset. Money is our God. Anybody who has made money must be next to Jesus in terms of being a supreme being. Let us protect them from any criticism or ask that they might get taxed a little more. Yes, we love people who are rich! They are the best people in the world because we worship at the altar of the almighty dollar...

Taxes

All ships should rise with the tide instead of a bigger ship robbing the rowboats.

Specifically, how much money have any or all of the billionaires you envy taken out of your pocket.

If none of these men existed, how much money would you have in your pocket?
  • Jeff Bezos: $114 billion
  • Bill Gates: $106 billion
  • Warren Buffett: $80.8 billion
  • Mark Zuckerberg: $69.6 billion
  • Larry Ellison: $65 billion
One Trillion dollars is equal to 1,000 billion dollars. Today, our debt stands at about $28.5 TRILLION. Cashing in all their fortunes, how would that help America? You realize that would mean closing all their companies and putting all those workers into the unemployment line.

So please share with us how punishing them would help America. Keep in mind that our unfunded liabilities for Social Security are $21 TRILLION and Medicare is $33 TRILLION. That is in addition to the National Debt of $28.5 TRILLION.

You believe that liquidating the wealth of the ultra-rich would solve our problems, none of those millions of employees would be paying federal income taxes or FICA payments.

If you have a sensible answer to these problems, I'm sure we would all love to hear them.

Specifically, how much money have any or all of the billionaires you envy taken out of your pocket.

If none of these men existed, how much money would you have in your pocket?
  • Jeff Bezos: $114 billion
  • Bill Gates: $106 billion
  • Warren Buffett: $80.8 billion
  • Mark Zuckerberg: $69.6 billion
  • Larry Ellison: $65 billion
One Trillion dollars is equal to 1,000 billion dollars. Today, our debt stands at about $28.5 TRILLION. Cashing in all their fortunes, how would that help America? You realize that would mean closing all their companies and putting all those workers into the unemployment line.

So please share with us how punishing them would help America. Keep in mind that our unfunded liabilities for Social Security are $21 TRILLION and Medicare is $33 TRILLION. That is in addition to the National Debt of $28.5 TRILLION.

You believe that liquidating the wealth of the ultra-rich would solve our problems, none of those millions of employees would be paying federal income taxes or FICA payments.

If you have a sensible answer to these problems, I'm sure we would all love to hear them.
I'm not sure you are educated enough to understand what I am saying. I mean you're claiming that taking half of a multi billionaires money is somehow stealing as if it would hurt them. No. They would simply make it back and rather quickly. That half a million could go to others that have been disenfranchised by this country to bring them to a level of economic prosperity. As such they would pay larger taxes and stimulate the economy where guess who benefits? The billionaires

I'm not sure you are educated enough to understand what I am saying. I mean you're claiming that taking half of a multi billionaires money is somehow stealing as if it would hurt them. No. They would simply make it back and rather quickly. That half a million could go to others that have been disenfranchised by this country to bring them to a level of economic prosperity. As such they would pay larger taxes and stimulate the economy where guess who benefits? The billionaires
You don't have a clue about inflation do you?

1 clue is that inflation benefits billionaires. Obviously you have no clue the Central Bank creates inflation.
It doesn't benefit the working man, what's the point of handing them ALL free money if prices raise across the board?

It doesn't benefit the working man, what's the point of handing them ALL free money if prices raise across the board?
Handing people free money doesn't raise prices across the board. It only raises prices on items that become in demand. Its called supply and demand and a lot of times its an artificial supply problem created by billionaires trying to line their pockets.

Forum List

Back