Current FDA Head appears to advocate 1-800 number to call for prescriptions

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
3:20

He appears to advocate that a person testing positive for COVID, for example, can call the 800 number and so long as there is "a pharmacist or a physician as intermediary," the patient can get the prescription drugs.

Well . . . I have long advocated that we stop putting so many drugs on the prescription-required list. It seems that often these drugs are sold for a few years until another prescription drug comes along. Then the first drug is repackages as "prescription strength now available over the counter," which only adds to the enormous government-supported profits of pharma. So, this sounds good to me at first glance.

But it's Democrats, so I smell a rat. "Pharmacist or physician" means that anyone can answer the 800 number, with an app in which they type in the symptoms reported and see what the computer recommends. Since it is pharmacy who will fill the prescription, that can count as the required intermediary. What is their motivation for advocating cutting doctors out of the process? Can it really be concern for the poor this time? Maybe it's this one guy. He said he worked for Google before, which is his qualification to head the FDA (?). Maybe he really is just hoping to streamline the process.

I guess I can only hope that for once the Dems will inadvertently do the right thing . . .

Forum List

Back