Curious about your thoughts on Petraeus considered as Secretary of State?

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Do you think he will be able to get his sex / sending classified information scandal behind him, or does he not have a chance..?

David Petraeus shared classified info. Can he be secretary of state? - CNNPolitics.com

11061318_962988510402677_9191468369859244582_n.jpg

Do you think he will be able to get his sex / sending classified information scandal behind him, or does he not have a chance..?

David Petraeus shared classified info. Can he be secretary of state? - CNNPolitics.com

View attachment 100796
Petraeus is a brilliant talented leader who would be the most qualified for the job and he is very impressive when testifying before Congress so I think he would be easily confirmed. He did have an affair while married, but America just elected a president who has had three wives and cheated on at least one of them, so I don't think this will stand in his way.

He didn't send classified information, he confided classified information to some one he had reason to trust and while this is a crime, the question is, does this single instance of poor judgement mean he can't be trusted in the future?

View attachment 100796
Petraeus is a brilliant talented leader who would be the most qualified for the job and he is very impressive when testifying before Congress so I think he would be easily confirmed. He did have an affair while married, but America just elected a president who has had three wives and cheated on at least one of them, so I don't think this will stand in his way.

He didn't send classified information, he confided classified information to some one he had reason to trust and while this is a crime, the question is, does this single instance of poor judgement mean he can't be trusted in the future?

This is not to mention that the person he shared this information with was also in the military, and had security clearance herself, just not the type of clearance to see that information.

he's be a good choice

Trump used his situation in the campaign to highlight the disparity of treatment that Hillary received over irresponsibility in guarding secrets - said a "good man had his life ruined for far less than Clinton did"

SO, if he is selected, we can probably take that as an indication that pursuing Clinton for her actions with her home brewed server really and truly will not happen...

Last edited:
Democrats should love him since they wanted Hillary to run the whole freaking Country when she was accused of 100 times more serious violations than Petreaus pleaded guilty to.

he's be a good choice

Trump used his situation in the campaign to highlight the disparity of treatment that Hillary received over irresponsibilty in guarding secretes - said a "good man had his life ruined for far less than Clinton did"

SO, if he is selected, we can probably take that as an indication that pursuing Clinton for her actions with her home brewed server really and truly will not happen...

I don't think it would have happened anyway since the investigation is closed. However that doesn't mean new information about the Clinton Crime Fund won't be able to be pursued. I don't think Trump will cut her any slack on that given this recount stunt she's pulling on him.

Democrats should love him since they wanted Hillary to run the whole freaking Country when she was accused of 100 times more serious violations than Petreaus pleaded guilty to.

The difference between what Petreaus did and what Hillary is that Petreaus was honest about his transgression, and he had to pay the penalty. Hillary? She got promoted to presidential nominee. Didn't cost her a dime.

This is not to mention that the person he shared this information with was also in the military, and had security clearance herself, just not the type of clearance to see that information.
Agreed.

Additionally, he was honest enough to own up to his mistake and take his punishment, unlike someone else who shared classified information and denied doing anything wrong. I think General Petraeus will be a good SoS.

"Petraeus resigned as CIA direct in November 2012, was convicted of a misdemeanor in 2015, and is currently on probation for sharing classified information with his biographer and mistress, former Army intelligence officer Paula Broadwell."

View attachment 100796

If Hilary can run for president for having a unsecured server with state secrets that has been hacked, why not?
I'd think that those who said that Hillary was unfit to serve because of her email issues would have to hold Patraeus to the same standards... otherwise it's straight partisan hypocrisy

Agreed.

Additionally, he was honest enough to own up to his mistake and take his punishment, unlike someone else who shared classified information and denied doing anything wrong. I think General Petraeus will be a good SoS.

"Petraeus resigned as CIA direct in November 2012, was convicted of a misdemeanor in 2015, and is currently on probation for sharing classified information with his biographer and mistress, former Army intelligence officer Paula Broadwell."
Y'all are kidding right?

View attachment 100796

If Hilary can run for president for having a unsecured server with state secrets that has been hacked, why not?
I'd think that those who said that Hillary was unfit to serve because of her email issues would have to hold Patraeus to the same standards... otherwise it's straight partisan hypocrisy

No it is not, it is not even in the same realm..

Only a far left drone would seem them as the same!

View attachment 100796

It's not the same situation. Petreaus exposed our information to a fellow American who served in the military. Hillary exposed our information to anybody that could hack her system. She even exposed that information to her foreign housekeeper who probably barely had a green card yet alone government security clearance.

Agreed.

Y'all are kidding right?

Are you saying he did not own up to it?

Silly far left drone!

View attachment 100796

Care to make a point?

A Petreaus senate confirmation would be a circus, Dem's have zero problem with double standards and hypocrisy. Unless Petreaus is by far 'the' best candidate I say Trump should avoid this side show, bring him in as an advisor who does not require senate confirmation. Basically don't give Dem's any gifts.

This is likely the same reason Chris Christie was jettisoned. And as much as it pains me to say it, why boring back stabber Romney is being considered, he's low drama and has been vetted.

View attachment 100796

Care to make a point?
He made the point that your post identifies you as either a liar or an idiot.

A Petreaus senate confirmation would be a circus, Dem's have zero problem with double standards and hypocrisy. Unless Petreaus is by far 'the' best candidate I say Trump should avoid this side show, bring him in as an advisor who does not require senate confirmation. Basically don't give Dem's any gifts.

This is likely the same reason Chris Christie was jettisoned. And as much as it pains me to say it, why boring back stabber Romney is being considered, he's low drama and has been vetted.
I really don't think there would be any problem getting Petraeus confirmed. There would be a lot nonsense from some of the Democrats, but in the end, he'd get the job.

View attachment 100796

It's not the same situation. Petreaus exposed our information to a fellow American who served in the military. Hillary exposed our information to anybody that could hack her system. She even exposed that information to her foreign housekeeper who probably barely had a green card yet alone government security clearance.
Ok, so Patraeus intentionally exposed classified information and Clinton was careless by keeping it in an unsecured server. So Patraeus had the more severe offense. You're right, not the same... but don't just take my word for it

FBI director disputes Trump on Clinton email claim

Forum List

Back