Curative powers of wine & Bible's instructions to drink wine for heatlh; Wine in the workplace

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
So the Bible commands in the New Testament to drink wine to heal infirmities...if wine has curative powers (and scientists agree that it does; see first two paragraphs here: Health effects of wine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,) should minimal amounts of wine consumption be acceptable in the workplace on religious grounds that the Bible instructs small amounts of wine consumption (for health)?...

-

wine, beer and bottled drinks are often safer than water both in Europe and the middle east.
Goat, sheep and camel milk is unpasteurized and milk processing plants are rare. Often powders milk is used but not always with bottled or purified water.
refrigeration at homes is far from as common place as in the US.

I remember from a very young age being given wine, diluted, instead of water for meals. Alcohol was a normal part of life. Moderation and learning limits was taught from childhood. Always some form of food was served and bottled or boiled water before bedtime. Tea and coffee were also common. Never tap water.

Wine and beer have been staples since the dawn of civilization.

Bible instructs me to burn your churches down for idolatry. Wanna extend religious freedom to me too? :)

That was actually a command to the Israelites in their country...Saudi has their commands but religions teach people to respect other peoples laws when they are in foreign lands...

-

Forum List

Back