Cuomo’s New York is #1 again! 72 New deaths.

NYC is a densely populated metropolitan area that crosses multiple states when you consider bedroom communities and commuters. It's going to be tough for them to get it controlled.

Cuomo's doing a good job.
With all due respect, Coyote...Cuomo's policies put infected Covid 19 patients back into nursing homes with the defenseless elderly! Anyone stupid enough not to know that was an awful policy is NOT doing a good job!

Was he following federal guidelines?

NYC is a densely populated metropolitan area that crosses multiple states when you consider bedroom communities and commuters. It's going to be tough for them to get it controlled.

With all due respect, Coyote...Cuomo's policies put infected Covid 19 patients back into nursing homes with the defenseless elderly! Anyone stupid enough not to know that was an awful policy is NOT doing a good job!

No. You look silly for continuing to ask that question.

Not at all! CDC guidelines told nursing homes that they had to admit patients from hospitals where Covid 19 was present. New York State went further... threatening those same nursing homes with the loss of their licenses if they refused to take in Covid 19 patients. Cuomo upped the ante. His policy forced Covid patients into facilities ill suited to care for them and put the entire nursing home industry in New York at peril! He and his cronies are trying to pass the buck because they now know they fucked up in a big way!

CNN's use of the word "deflection" is apt! It's Cuomo attempting to deflect blame by using his kid brother's news outlet to cover his ass!

Are you serious?....a good job?...he sent folks on death missions to infect and kill old people in nursing homes...what is it about that you don't get?....

He was following federal guidelines wasn’t he?
Absolutely not...and in fact Trump had the field hospital built in time to take these people in and they were sent to nursing homes anyway....just what explains that besides a death count push?.....I guarantee you this is going to be investigated not only in NY but across the nation where blue state leaders sent infected patients to be housed with the elderly and infirmed.....when their hospitals were not at full capacity.....

I hate to inform you. But...

The governor has failed to take responsibility for the obvious failures, consistently blaming others and at one point even saying “governors don’t do pandemics”. (Actually, some governors just don’t read their state’s pandemic plans.) But much of the press has ignored this, focusing instead on Cuomo’s aesthetic presentation: his poise during press conferences, his dramatic statements about “taking responsibility” (even when he obviously hasn’t), and his invisible good looks.

Cuomo’s record was shameful long before coronavirus began. He enabled the IDC (Independent Democratic Conference), a group of conservative Democratic state lawmakers, in allying with the Republican minority to block progressive legislation. (Cuomo denies any role in the IDC, but that stretches credulity.) Before the pandemic, he pushed through Medicaid cuts which shut down necessary hospital space in the name of “efficiency” despite the warnings of medical professionals. And on 3 April, as 3,000 New Yorkers already lay dead from the virus and hospitals like Elmhurst in Queens were overwhelmed with cases, Cuomo forced through further Medicaid cuts, slashing $400m from hospital budgets.

As the state now staggers to its feet, Cuomo has partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to “reimagine education” (which almost certainly means privatization), and with the ex-Google chief Eric Schmidt to – as Naomi Klein puts it – “permanently integrat[e] technology into every aspect of civic life”. All of this has happened without the democratic input of New Yorkers, who would likely prefer that the progressive legislators they elected could govern without interference, that their hospitals have enough money to function and that billionaires don’t infiltrate and control every element of civic life.

So, you still think Homo Cumo is doing a good job? If so, apparently you have not been to NYC lately.
Great post, thanks.

:dunno:

One report is kinda damning (makes home sound like Trump with administrative infighting with public health experts and muddled early response).

Yet he retains high high approval for it: Siena Poll: 87% of NYers approve of Cuomo's handling of Coronavirus pandemic

Now lets hear them beg for handouts, bailouts, ventilators, money, masks, new tunnels...everything they dont have because they are incompetent.

Nice job by the Grim Reaper Cuomo.

BTW, HOTBED South Dakota has ZERO new deaths.

Fully open Texas has 5.

Should I quote MarcATL and Crepitus here or would that be rubbing good news into their wounds?
Just think how low it could have been if tRump had taken it seriously.

Are you serious?....a good job?...he sent folks on death missions to infect and kill old people in nursing homes...what is it about that you don't get?....

So was every other Governor. Doesn't explain the disparity in nursing home deaths in NY and Florida has a larger elderly population and they have way fewer deaths.

Fully open Texas has 5.

Should I quote MarcATL and Crepitus here or would that be rubbing good news into their wounds?
Seriously?

The World Health Organization Draws Flak for Coronavirus Response - WSJ

Fully open Texas has 5.

Unlike your nasty gloating asshole I'm glad wherever deaths are down.

You fucking unAmerican dickweeds who cheer when people die make me wanna vomit.

I don't know how you live with yourself.

I might even suggest you shouldn't.

:dunno:

One report is kinda damning (makes home sound like Trump with administrative infighting with public health experts and muddled early response).

Yet he retains high high approval for it: Siena Poll: 87% of NYers approve of Cuomo's handling of Coronavirus pandemic

They also elected AOC, Hillary Clinton and Shumer.

Fully open Texas has 5.

You shot off your mouth with your hopes and you were wrong. DO you care (other than fewer deaths are good for humanity and dont hurt Trump)? Do you ever think that your chaotic screaming of the latest talking points could cause noise and dissension and division and maybe delay a real search for an answer?.

Then you went out of your way to attack people, like myself, who turned out to be right.

Dont you think you owe an apology for muddying the waters of the debate as people attempted to understand whats going on and also for attacking so viciously people who were, as is now evident, simply telling the truth?

Fully open Texas has 5.

It was pretty low. Which pissed you off.

Ya, I probably deserve that. Saying Cuomo is doing a good job might not have been accurate.

Fully open Texas has 5.

Seriously?

Unfortunately, he IS serious, and PLEASE call the dumbf*ck Shirley..............

Fully open Texas has 5.

Seriously?

Yes, seriously.

Stop making excuses for the inept squatter.

It reflects badly on you.

He DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HIS POLICY

Fully open Texas has 5.

You shot off your mouth with your hopes and you were wrong. DO you care (other than fewer deaths are good for humanity and dont hurt Trump)? Do you ever think that your chaotic screaming of the latest talking points could cause noise and dissension and division and maybe delay a real search for an answer?.

Then you went out of your way to attack people, like myself, who turned out to be right.

Dont you think you owe an apology for muddying the waters of the debate as people attempted to understand whats going on and also for attacking so viciously people who were, as is now evident, simply telling the truth?
What shit are you spewing now?

Fuckin' anti-American fuckhead.

th

Fully open Texas has 5.

It was pretty low. Which pissed you off.
You're insane. Dangerously insane.

Forum List

Back