Cuomo: 'Umm...whattaya know....it works'

the nature of PHARMACOLOGY-----"differential toxicology"
we have to be patient
No, that's the nature of government. You can wait until you die, for all they care.

it's the nature of science-----it takes time to prove that a
"medicine" works. I have no idea why hydroquinone would
do anything for a viral infection-----so far it is not demonstrated
and there are rare complications of that therapy.
It is used for viral infections...hydroxycloroquine is a malaria treatment!

What people who are against this drug discount is that doctors treat other illnesses with off label drugs all the time. The FDA is not the end all be all. They put my mom on hydroxychloroquine the the same night she went into the hospital. They did so even before her test came back positive. They looked at her chest X-ray and evaluated her symptoms and knew she had COVID19. They didn’t even ask her or the family, they just put her on it. Doctors believe in this drug. That counts for something.

I’m sure you can point to examples of high level politicians other than Trump expressing an opinion one way or the other about the off label use of drugs. Right?

And. Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she recoversfully.

What people who are against this drug discount is that doctors treat other illnesses with off label drugs all the time. The FDA is not the end all be all. They put my mom on hydroxychloroquine the the same night she went into the hospital. They did so even before her test came back positive. They looked at her chest X-ray and evaluated her symptoms and knew she had COVID19. They didn’t even ask her or the family, they just put her on it. Doctors believe in this drug. That counts for something.

I’m sure you can point to examples of high level politicians other than Trump expressing an opinion one way or the other about the off label use of drugs. Right?

And. Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she recoversfully.

I don’t care about Trump. Doctors all around the world are using this drug to treat COVID. That tells us something

we have to be patient
No, that's the nature of government. You can wait until you die, for all they care.

WATCH THESE ASSHATS IGNORE THE NEW TREATMENT -

BECAUSE TRUMP DIDNT HAVE SHIT TO DO WITH IT.
There are many new treatments out there.......which one..........I've posted many and many are in clinical Trials..............

Which one........the one from UAB and the University of Nebraska.....or the one from the University of Minnesota.......or is it the one from Austrailia.............Israel.........

I don't care who wins.....as long as we all win.

we have to be patient

and there are rare complications of that therapy
Ibuprofen has "rare complications" that kill people. Medicine still doesn't understand how things like aspirine work.

You simply want as many people as possible to die.

its a matter of how much. Aspirin has an effect on the cytochrome
system which deals with the metabolism of lots of the body's
CHEMICALS------its therapeutic effect relates to its ANTI-INFLAMMATORY function-----it knocks out some prostaglandin
synthesis. Prostaglandins are NEEDED in inflammatory reactions---
specifically one of the prostaglandins associated with pain. btw--
you're nuts
Question for you....if you were told that your child or your husband's prognosis isdim without any meds.
And, he stated that he could try the hydroquinone and Z pack as a last resort, would you say, yes, or no?

I’d do what the doctor suggests. I won’t give credit to your King for it if it works or if it doesn’t.

He’s done nothing but throw a Hail Mary because his game plan failed.

Next dopey question.
So you say 'yes' to my question, good for you, we do agree sometimes.
Not sure what the rest of your drivel is.

we have to be patient

There are many new treatments out there.......which one..........I've posted many and many are in clinical Trials..............

Which one........the one from UAB and the University of Nebraska.....or the one from the University of Minnesota.......or is it the one from Austrailia.............Israel.........

This treatment is similar in concept to COVID-19 convalescent plasma or hyperimmune globulin therapies, which are currently being tested, according to an FDA announcement last Friday. They involve the passive transfer of antibodies. This treatment differs however, in that it does not require plasma from patients who have already beaten the disease, but can be manufactured synthetically, a much more efficient process.

It also is effective immediately, Glanville said. “With a vaccine, that shot has little pieces of the virus in it, and so when you get injected with it, your immune system starts to learn how to attack those pieces of the virus, and that takes time; that takes many weeks, might be six or seven weeks before you have protection with an antibody. With a therapeutic, that syringe or IV bag contains the antibodies directly. So when they infuse it into you, your body doesn't need to do anything
I read about that and also how they did that same thing in 1918. Old strategy and may work......Hopefully it does........as it might be easier to make.

It doesn't matter to me which treatment wins..........I DON'T CARE......just one one or MANY of them to WIN ........

Austrailia is claiming some new treatment as well.

we have to be patient

This treatment is similar in concept to COVID-19 convalescent plasma or hyperimmune globulin therapies, which are currently being tested, according to an FDA announcement last Friday. They involve the passive transfer of antibodies. This treatment differs however, in that it does not require plasma from patients who have already beaten the disease, but can be manufactured synthetically, a much more efficient process.

It also is effective immediately, Glanville said. “With a vaccine, that shot has little pieces of the virus in it, and so when you get injected with it, your immune system starts to learn how to attack those pieces of the virus, and that takes time; that takes many weeks, might be six or seven weeks before you have protection with an antibody. With a therapeutic, that syringe or IV bag contains the antibodies directly. So when they infuse it into you, your body doesn't need to do anything
I read about that and also how they did that same thing in 1918. Old strategy and may work......Hopefully it does........as it might be easier to make.

It doesn't matter to me which treatment wins..........I DON'T CARE......just one one or MANY of them to WIN ........

unlike malaria drugs, antibody treatment doesnt jack with your blood pressure and heart function -

thats BIGLY

we have to be patient

unlike malaria drugs, antibody treatment doesnt jack with your blood pressure and heart function -

thats BIGLY
And that is great and I will thank you for that comment and information......without the other.......shall we say ................BS.

Okay, reopened. Please stay on topic, and stop the fighting. Times are trying for us all, and fighting accomplishes nothing.

we have to be patient

There are? Show some. Doctors have been prescribing it for Lupus for decades with no deleterious effects

some-----but the benefit outweighs the risk. Lupus is not a
viral infection. SHEEEESH----be patient

People who are dying don't have the luxury of patience.

But taking Hydroxycloroquine at the wrong time, will greatly increase the chances of getting COVID-19 or making a minor case into a major one.
Incorrect;

You missed where the blood PH is elevated so that COVID19 can not replicate. Epic fail.

we have to be patient

There are? Show some. Doctors have been prescribing it for Lupus for decades with no deleterious effects

But taking Hydroxycloroquine at the wrong time, will greatly increase the chances of getting COVID-19 or making a minor case into a major one.

There is zero evidence to support that theory. In fac there IS evidence of the opposite. Lupus patients seem to not be getting covid19.

Most of SubSaharan Africa is not seeing covid19 cases. Based on what we know, it is likely because they take that drug prophylactically for malaria.
People who have lupus and are being treated with this drug are not getting it because of their evlevated PH (alkalinity) slows or stops the virus from replicating. This allows the body to kill it with little problems.

we have to be patient

There is zero evidence to support that theory. In fac there IS evidence of the opposite. Lupus patients seem to not be getting covid19.

Most of SubSaharan Africa is not seeing covid19 cases. Based on what we know, it is likely because they take that drug prophylactically for malaria.
People who have lupus and are being treated with this drug are not getting it because of their evlevated PH (alkalinity) slows or stops the virus from replicating. This allows the body to kill it with little problems.

so true----but it is still not a good idea to USE it like a prophylactic
thing-----the hydroquinone can cause problems including
arrhythmias of the heart-------remember quinidine cardiac toxicity?
sheeeesh watta nitemare

we have to be patient

sheeeesh watta nitemare
Were about to find out if that is the case. The US Navy is giving it in low dose to all sailors on ships. Were going to find out in short order if low dose prophylactic use is viable.

we have to be patient

sheeeesh watta nitemare
Were about to find out if that is the case. The US Navy is giving it in low dose to all sailors on ships. Were going to find out in short order if low dose prophylactic use is viable.

not much of an experiment-----our Navy boys are generally in good shape------however-----way back when I was a navy doc-----one of the boys dropped dead of an arrhythmia. IHSS I never got over it. I am not sure what hyroquinone would do to an undetected
IHSS.

After being one of the many Trump-haters bashing the President for suggesting the antimalarial drug be used by doctors to help treat / save patients infected with COVID0-19 before formal drug trials have been completed, NY Gov Andrew Cuomo stated in today's Press Conference that the treatment is working.....'anecdotally'.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo(D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals “at their discretion.” He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions."

"President Trump has repeatedly promoted the drug as a treatment for the virus despite lack of approval by the Food and Drug Administration for that use in the long-term or comprehensive clinical trial data, although the agency has granted emergency approval for use with a prescription."

If you or a loved one are extremely ill, potentially dying, from COVID-19 and there is a drug out there already approved to fight malaria that doctors / scientists believe have a good chance of being used to treat this virus and save lives, do you really want to wait for the CDC / government to conduct comprehensive clinical trials to confirm it works....or do you want to allow doctors to make the call in order to save lives?

It's working.

The President didn't just pull this drug out of his ass - he listened to experts / scientists / researchers / doctors. They/ He are / were right. Let the doctors make the call. You're welcome NY / US.

Democrats have to board this train or they will be seen for what they are... Criminals lusting for power.. When the preliminary report drops on Wednesday they will be eating a lot of crow...

One of the major reasons NY's numbers of infected is dropping is the shortened length of stay and length of infection this drug helps with...
They’ll never do that. If this ends without the massive death count they will immediately switch to how Trump over reacted and it’s still his fault.

They're already hedging their bets and doing just that. See the OP by Sandy Shanks here, lambasting Trump for tanking the world's greatest economy over what appears to be nothing more than the common cold: Is the coronavirus causing nothing more than the common cold?

And this one:

Democrats: You're not there yet.

By the time Trump gets done crashing and burning the economy, the Democrats could nominate a wooden plank and it would get elected.

Which brings us to the point...

1586366870222.png

Last edited:
we have to be patient

Because hydroquinone can “sneak” zinc - which is an ion and can’t enter cells on its own - into the cell, where the zinc then inhibits the RNA replicase of the virus.

now you have an idea. ;)

we have to be patient

Incorrect;

You missed where the blood PH is elevated so that COVID19 can not replicate. Epic fail.
Actually it’s the zinc in the hydroquinone that inhibits/disrupts the RNA replicase of the virus. Zinc on its own can’t enter the cell. The hydroquinone serves as a Trojan horse so to speak. And dingbat Rosie is partially correct when she says hydroquinone has risks. It’s not for everyone. But it does appear to be a viable treatment. At the very least it is promising.

we have to be patient

sheeeesh watta nitemare

not much of an experiment-----our Navy boys are generally in good shape------however-----way back when I was a navy doc-----one of the boys dropped dead of an arrhythmia. IHSS I never got over it. I am not sure what hyroquinone would do to an undetected
IHSS.
Good shape and innate immune cells don’t always go hand in hand and that is why some otherwise healthy people have died from this virus.

Forum List

Back