Cuomo: 'Umm...whattaya know....it works'

the nature of PHARMACOLOGY-----"differential toxicology"
we have to be patient
No, that's the nature of government. You can wait until you die, for all they care.

it's the nature of science-----it takes time to prove that a
"medicine" works. I have no idea why hydroquinone would
do anything for a viral infection-----so far it is not demonstrated
and there are rare complications of that therapy

There are? Show some. Doctors have been prescribing it for Lupus for decades with no deleterious effects

Lupus is NOT an outside pathogen.
Lupus is where the immune system of the body is harming the body for some reason.
So for lupus you want to suppress the immune system of the body.

But you do NOT want to suppress the immune system of the body during possible COVID-19 contamination.
That would INCREASE your chances of getting a full blown case of COVID-19 from a contact that should normally have been fought off by your own immune system.

And yes, Hydroxychloroquine always has many possible harmful side effects.
Why do you think it is a prescription drug?
It is because it can be harmful.

Speaking of which......NY was one of several states that piled on 3M for selling masks to the highest bidder instead of putting the country 1st.....then Cuomo was begging Trump and the rest of the country for help for NY to fight the COVID-19 pandemic....only to have THIS news break:

NYC stockpiled ventilators for pandemic, only to sell them off to highest bidders: report
AUCTIONED OFF
NYC stockpiled ventilators for pandemic, only to sell them off to highest bidders

Oops.

In 2006 NY stockpiled Ventilator Beds in case of a global pandemic .... like the one we're experiencing now ... only to auction them off to the highest bidder.

As already reported, in 2015 Cuomo was told by the CDC he needed to purchase 2,000 more Ventilator Beds in case of a pandemic.....Cuomo refused.

Now in 2020 he was whining on TV about NY's desperate need for Ventilator Beds.....

Turns out NY only had such a need due to poor governance / decision making.....

New York City stockpiled ventilators for a pandemic, only to later auction them off: report

we have to be patient
Wag your tail a lot. They might give you a treat(ment)

Her and others want an airtight guarantee. If they die waiting for one, that's okay, that's their choice.
But if others die who are willing to take the risk of this intervention but cannot, well, THAT IS NOT OKAY!
Who is stopping doctors from using it?

Governor of Michigan is one. She said she would revoke doctor's license if they prescribe it for the coronavirus. Now, she may have changed her mind but that was the last I read.

Any doctor who perscribed it for COVID-19 is a quack who should lose their license.
The reality is that hydroxychloroquine does not and can not possibly effect a virus, but it can and does bring down a high fever, regardless of what caused it, including COVID-19.
So while it is being used on COVID-19 patients successfully, it will not do anything for those who do not have a dangerously high fever.

It isn't being used to treat fever, zipperface, it's being used to prevent pneumonia for those on the verge of it.

Wrong.
Hydroxychloroquine not only does nothing to help fight pneumonia, but it has often caused pneumonia.

Are you a doctor, or just a common interwebz linker?

Not a doctor, but very connected to the best doctors.
Worked for Biotronik, the largest pacemaker company in the world.
Nonsense. There is nothing crazy about attempting it. The only problem is over promising results.

Wrong.
If you had read what I quoted, Hydroxychloroquine suppresses the immune response of the body, so greatly increases the chances of getting a full blown case of COVID-19.
It not only does not work in early stages, but increases the spread of COVID-19.
The ONLY value of Hydroxychloroquine is in extreme cases, near death, where the immune system can be the actual cause of death by over reacting. And ONLY then is Hydroxychloroquine appropriate, in order to reduce the deadly immune system, over response.

wrong----in fact it is that suppression of "autoimmune" mechanisms that actually protect the alveolar membrane from utter destruction.
Try again. There are OTHER suppressors of the autoimmune
mechanisms that ALSO aid in recovery of serious illness-----an example is the brain edema found in viral encephalitis. Decadron is a potent suppressor of the autoimmune response----but it is used as a life-saving med in encephalitis. medicine is not an easy
science. what is TRUE is "pharmacology is the study of
differential toxicology <<<< first year med school

You clearly did not read or think.
Of course the suppression of the immune response system can be good, but ONLY after you have an extreme case that has triggered an overly harmful immune system response.
Of course you want to protect alveolar membranes from utter destruction by your own immune system.
But the POINT is that only happens in very advanced cases.
If instead you take Hydroxychloroquine early, when you do not have an advanced case, you actually will be advancing the spread of COVID-19 in your body.

This is very simple.
If you do not have a severe case of COVID-19 with a high fever, then Hydroxychloroquine will do you harm and increase the COVID-19 infection.
If you already have such a severe case of COVID-19 that you risk a deadly fever, then and only then will Hydroxychloroquine do you some good.

did I disagree? SHEEEEEESH

After being one of the many Trump-haters bashing the President for suggesting the antimalarial drug be used by doctors to help treat / save patients infected with COVID0-19 before formal drug trials have been completed, NY Gov Andrew Cuomo stated in today's Press Conference that the treatment is working.....'anecdotally'.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo(D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals “at their discretion.” He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions."

"President Trump has repeatedly promoted the drug as a treatment for the virus despite lack of approval by the Food and Drug Administration for that use in the long-term or comprehensive clinical trial data, although the agency has granted emergency approval for use with a prescription."

If you or a loved one are extremely ill, potentially dying, from COVID-19 and there is a drug out there already approved to fight malaria that doctors / scientists believe have a good chance of being used to treat this virus and save lives, do you really want to wait for the CDC / government to conduct comprehensive clinical trials to confirm it works....or do you want to allow doctors to make the call in order to save lives?

It's working.

The President didn't just pull this drug out of his ass - he listened to experts / scientists / researchers / doctors. They/ He are / were right. Let the doctors make the call. You're welcome NY / US.

From what I am gathering from other threads that Conservatives seem to be open to the treatment.
Also.....it seems that the liberals would sacrifice their loved ones because the drug hasn't gone through
the trials.
I think it comes down to that Trump has openly accepted the drugs as treatment until the new drugs
go through the trials for the next year. And the liberals will not accept anything that Trump has given
his approval to. weird
The only thing I object to is people self-prescribing WITHOUT a doctor's advice. I think that is what has some folks up in arms. But I don't know how they'd get it without a doctor anyway. So that's a question. If my doctor gives it to me, sure I'll take it. I trust him.

That drug, Hydroxychloroquine, can ONLY be prescribed by a doctor!

It is a PRESCRIPTION drug!

You can not just walk into a pharmacy and buy it like you buy an aspirin!

So what are you objecting to???:dunno:

Wrong.
First of all, I can get an online prescription for anything, at any time.
Second is that I can get Hydroxychloroquine mail order, online, from anywhere.
Third is that veterinary source of Hydroxychloroquine are also easily purchased in pet stores.

You can buy lots of stuff if you’re willing to break the law.

It is not illegal to buy something sold for veterinary purposes, and take it yourself.
And actually, laws restricting imports actually have no basis in law, and are illegal really.

we have to be patient

Her and others want an airtight guarantee. If they die waiting for one, that's okay, that's their choice.
But if others die who are willing to take the risk of this intervention but cannot, well, THAT IS NOT OKAY!

Governor of Michigan is one. She said she would revoke doctor's license if they prescribe it for the coronavirus. Now, she may have changed her mind but that was the last I read.

Any doctor who perscribed it for COVID-19 is a quack who should lose their license.
The reality is that hydroxychloroquine does not and can not possibly effect a virus, but it can and does bring down a high fever, regardless of what caused it, including COVID-19.
So while it is being used on COVID-19 patients successfully, it will not do anything for those who do not have a dangerously high fever.

It isn't being used to treat fever, zipperface, it's being used to prevent pneumonia for those on the verge of it.

Wrong.
Hydroxychloroquine not only does nothing to help fight pneumonia, but it has often caused pneumonia.

Nonsense. There is nothing crazy about attempting it. The only problem is over promising results.

Wrong.
If you had read what I quoted, Hydroxychloroquine suppresses the immune response of the body, so greatly increases the chances of getting a full blown case of COVID-19.
It not only does not work in early stages, but increases the spread of COVID-19.
The ONLY value of Hydroxychloroquine is in extreme cases, near death, where the immune system can be the actual cause of death by over reacting. And ONLY then is Hydroxychloroquine appropriate, in order to reduce the deadly immune system, over response.
WRONG:

Your assessment is so wrong that its criminal. Hydroxycloroquine increases alkalinity levels in the blood/cells to the point the virus is incapable of reproduction. The drug also opens cells and allows for antiviral drugs to enter and kill the virus.

This virus causes our bodies to attack itself, primarily lung tissues and heart tissues. As our own immune systems attacks the tissues they inflame and fluid forms. Cells that are ready to explode cause pain slowing the respiratory rate and when they explode fill the lungs with fluids.

This is a vicious virus.

Hydroxycloriquine does not increase infectiousness... That is an outright LIE! It reduces the infectiousness and by day 6 of those treated with it brings the shedding of virus to zero.

Last edited:
we have to be patient
No, that's the nature of government. You can wait until you die, for all they care.

There are? Show some. Doctors have been prescribing it for Lupus for decades with no deleterious effects

some-----but the benefit outweighs the risk. Lupus is not a
viral infection. SHEEEESH----be patient

People who are dying don't have the luxury of patience.

we have to be patient

Wrong.

Wrong.

wrong----in fact it is that suppression of "autoimmune" mechanisms that actually protect the alveolar membrane from utter destruction.
mechanisms that ALSO aid in recovery of serious illness-----an example is the brain edema found in viral encephalitis. Decadron is a potent suppressor of the autoimmune response----but it is used as a life-saving med in encephalitis. medicine is not an easy

Of course the suppression of the immune response system can be good, but ONLY after you have an extreme case that has triggered an overly harmful immune system response.
Of course you want to protect alveolar membranes from utter destruction by your own immune system.
If instead you take Hydroxychloroquine early, when you do not have an advanced case, you actually will be advancing the spread of COVID-19 in your body.

This is very simple.
If you do not have a severe case of COVID-19 with a high fever, then Hydroxychloroquine will do you harm and increase the COVID-19 infection.
If you already have such a severe case of COVID-19 that you risk a deadly fever, then and only then will Hydroxychloroquine do you some good.

Yes, you did disagree.
The first work of you response was the word "wrong".
Then the second sentence said, "Try again", implying I was all wrong.

we have to be patient

can you cite a case of a person in terminal respiratory failure who got
a MIRACULOUS cure from Hydroxquinone? let me know-----I will
EAT THE WHOLE TREE

we have to be patient

Wrong.

Wrong.

This is very simple.

Yes, you did disagree.
The first work of you response was the word "wrong".
Then the second sentence said, "Try again", implying I was all wrong.

no------your were wrong-----and "try again" does not imply "ALL WRONG"

1586284633088.png

we have to be patient

Wrong.

Wrong.
WRONG:

Your assessment is so wrong that its criminal. Hydroxycloroquine increases alkalinity levels in the blood/cells to the point the virus is incapable of reproduction. The drug also opens cells and allows for antiviral drugs to enter and kill the virus.

This virus causes our bodies to attack itself, primarily lung tissues and heart tissues. As our own immune systems attacks the tissues they inflame and fluid forms. Cells that are ready to explode cause pain slowing the respiratory rate and when they explode fill the lungs with fluids.

This is a vicious virus.

No you are wrong because you are not paying attention.
People are taking Hydroxycloroquine as a prophylatic or early stages, and it won't help then, and will hurt instead.
You just wrote how it opens cells.
Well that not only allows antiviral drugs to get in, but also the COVID-19 to get in.
So early on, Hydroxycloroquine is extremely harmful to take.
It is only in extreme cases, along with other medications, that any rational doctor would prescribe Hydroxycloroquine.

we have to be patient

But taking Hydroxycloroquine at the wrong time, will greatly increase the chances of getting COVID-19 or making a minor case into a major one.

You are not interpreting the graph correctly.
Who are the patients in the starting sample?
It is only people with a very severe case already.
So this does NOT mean Hydroxycloroquine is good to prevent getting COVID-19 or that it improves minor cases, as most cases are very minor.
This is only about aiding those with severe cases, at risk of death.
And even in severe cases, clearly it is antibiotics of the green line of the graph, where you see clear success.

we have to be patient

Wrong.

Wrong.
WRONG:

This is a vicious virus.

Hydroxycloriquine does not increase infectiousness... That is an outright LIE! It reduces the infectiousness and by day 6 of those treated with it brings the shedding of virus to zero.

Any time anyone starts blathering about alkalinization, I just roll my eyes. Some idiots out there think that cures cancer. It has nothing to do with anything.

we have to be patient

But taking Hydroxycloroquine at the wrong time, will greatly increase the chances of getting COVID-19 or making a minor case into a major one.

There is zero evidence to support that theory. In fac there IS evidence of the opposite. Lupus patients seem to not be getting covid19.

Most of SubSaharan Africa is not seeing covid19 cases. Based on what we know, it is likely because they take that drug prophylactically for malaria.

we have to be patient

There is zero evidence to support that theory. In fac there IS evidence of the opposite. Lupus patients seem to not be getting covid19.

Most of SubSaharan Africa is not seeing covid19 cases. Based on what we know, it is likely because they take that drug prophylactically for malaria.

quite a LEAP there in your "logic" You got stats on the number of lupus patients in risk areas and history of exposure who are on
Plaquenil? oh really? you got stats on exposure and people over there ROUTINELY swallowing quinine?. The population ins SubSaharah Africa may ALREADY have resistence to Corona viruses-----
ALL KINDS of possbilities

Forum List

Back