Cuomo: 'Umm...whattaya know....it works'

After being one of the many Trump-haters bashing the President for suggesting the antimalarial drug be used by doctors to help treat / save patients infected with COVID0-19 before formal drug trials have been completed, NY Gov Andrew Cuomo stated in today's Press Conference that the treatment is working.....'anecdotally'.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo(D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals “at their discretion.” He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions."

"President Trump has repeatedly promoted the drug as a treatment for the virus despite lack of approval by the Food and Drug Administration for that use in the long-term or comprehensive clinical trial data, although the agency has granted emergency approval for use with a prescription."

If you or a loved one are extremely ill, potentially dying, from COVID-19 and there is a drug out there already approved to fight malaria that doctors / scientists believe have a good chance of being used to treat this virus and save lives, do you really want to wait for the CDC / government to conduct comprehensive clinical trials to confirm it works....or do you want to allow doctors to make the call in order to save lives?

It's working.

The President didn't just pull this drug out of his ass - he listened to experts / scientists / researchers / doctors. They/ He are / were right. Let the doctors make the call. You're welcome NY / US.

From what I am gathering from other threads that Conservatives seem to be open to the treatment.
Also.....it seems that the liberals would sacrifice their loved ones because the drug hasn't gone through
the trials.
I think it comes down to that Trump has openly accepted the drugs as treatment until the new drugs
go through the trials for the next year. And the liberals will not accept anything that Trump has given
his approval to. weird
The only thing I object to is people self-prescribing WITHOUT a doctor's advice. I think that is what has some folks up in arms. But I don't know how they'd get it without a doctor anyway. So that's a question. If my doctor gives it to me, sure I'll take it. I trust him.

That drug, Hydroxychloroquine, can ONLY be prescribed by a doctor!

It is a PRESCRIPTION drug!

You can not just walk into a pharmacy and buy it like you buy an aspirin!

So what are you objecting to???:dunno:

After being one of the many Trump-haters bashing the President for suggesting the antimalarial drug be used by doctors to help treat / save patients infected with COVID0-19 before formal drug trials have been completed, NY Gov Andrew Cuomo stated in today's Press Conference that the treatment is working.....'anecdotally'.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo(D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals “at their discretion.” He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions."

"President Trump has repeatedly promoted the drug as a treatment for the virus despite lack of approval by the Food and Drug Administration for that use in the long-term or comprehensive clinical trial data, although the agency has granted emergency approval for use with a prescription."

If you or a loved one are extremely ill, potentially dying, from COVID-19 and there is a drug out there already approved to fight malaria that doctors / scientists believe have a good chance of being used to treat this virus and save lives, do you really want to wait for the CDC / government to conduct comprehensive clinical trials to confirm it works....or do you want to allow doctors to make the call in order to save lives?

It's working.

The President didn't just pull this drug out of his ass - he listened to experts / scientists / researchers / doctors. They/ He are / were right. Let the doctors make the call. You're welcome NY / US.

Nobody has suggested there isn't anecdotal evidence.

Maybe you should look up the word?
There is scientific evidence, just not enough for FDA approval.

the nature of PHARMACOLOGY-----"differential toxicology"
we have to be patient
Wag your tail a lot. They might give you a treat(ment)

Her and others want an airtight guarantee. If they die waiting for one, that's okay, that's their choice.
But if others die who are willing to take the risk of this intervention but cannot, well, THAT IS NOT OKAY!
Who is stopping doctors from using it?

Governor of Michigan is one. She said she would revoke doctor's license if they prescribe it for the coronavirus. Now, she may have changed her mind but that was the last I read.

Any doctor who perscribed it for COVID-19 is a quack who should lose their license.
The reality is that hydroxychloroquine does not and can not possibly effect a virus, but it can and does bring down a high fever, regardless of what caused it, including COVID-19.
So while it is being used on COVID-19 patients successfully, it will not do anything for those who do not have a dangerously high fever.

You are a medical doctor?

Tell you what, if you are on your death bed with COVID-19, refuse the medication hydroxychloroquine. Maybe it helps and maybe it won't. But you stick to your guns that orangeman bad, you show him up and don't take it. That will show him!
I'll tell you this:
If I'm on my deathbed the last person in the world I would consult for a medical opinion is the incompetent, brain-dead, pathological liar in the White House.

Senate Republicans have no excuse for their piss-poor coronavirus response. No excuse whatsoever

"The first sign the Trump administration might be taking the novel coronavirus seriously originally came on Jan. 31, when the White House issued a ban on travelers from China and declared the public health emergency Schumer had been pushing for.

"However, Trump spent the entirety of the next month downplaying the threat.

"At a Feb. 10 campaign rally, Trump declared, 'Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.'

"He mocked 'Cryin' Chuck Schumer' on Feb. 25 for urging Trump to ask for more than $2.5 billion for an initial supplemental to respond to the novel coronavirus.

"On Feb. 26, Trump predicted at a White House briefing that in a couple of days the number of coronavirus cases in the nation would be "down to close to zero," adding, 'that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.'

"Mission accomplished."

So you wouldn’t take it at all?

Based on past performance, does it seem more likely Trump's support for hydroxychloroquine as a Covid-19 treatment is due to financial incentives?

Novartis trends as Trump accused of pushing unproven use of hydroxychloroquine made by pharmaceutical company

"Social media users have been reacting to President Donald Trump's championing of the use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19, with some referring to a deal struck in 2017 between the pharmaceutical company Novartis, which makes the drug, and the president's former lawyer Michael Cohen..."

"On Sunday night and Monday morning, Novartis, the Swiss pharmaceutical company that is a major manufacturer of the drug, started trending.
D7QmhRX.jpg

"Some referred to the company's payment of $1.2 million to Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen for health care policy consulting work during a contract that was signed in 2017."

In all fairness Hydroxychloroquine is generic drug for decades and is relatively cheap to make and buy...

Sandoz can its competitors can make this stuff very fast if needed... First thing, does it work.

That is the point. No one is saying definitely it does and some say it has no effect. If you are dying, why not try it?

Based on past performance, does it seem more likely Trump's support for hydroxychloroquine as a Covid-19 treatment is due to financial incentives?

Novartis trends as Trump accused of pushing unproven use of hydroxychloroquine made by pharmaceutical company

"Social media users have been reacting to President Donald Trump's championing of the use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19, with some referring to a deal struck in 2017 between the pharmaceutical company Novartis, which makes the drug, and the president's former lawyer Michael Cohen..."

"On Sunday night and Monday morning, Novartis, the Swiss pharmaceutical company that is a major manufacturer of the drug, started trending.
D7QmhRX.jpg

"Some referred to the company's payment of $1.2 million to Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen for health care policy consulting work during a contract that was signed in 2017."

In all fairness Hydroxychloroquine is generic drug for decades and is relatively cheap to make and buy...

Sandoz can its competitors can make this stuff very fast if needed... First thing, does it work.

That is the point. No one is saying definitely it does and some say it has no effect. If you are dying, why not try it?

From all the doctors I’ve spoken to, the consensus is it works on some people, but we’re not sure as to what degree at this point. I’m hearing it’s the best medicine we have right now. Take it for what it’s worth. I know it’s just a few people telling me that. The people that are saying that to me are from all different sides of the political spectrum.

It's working.

We must remember . . . anything; any word, idea, suggestion or statement by our great President Trump will be instantly dismissed as evil, wrong, incompetent and/or false on its face by the American Left—the MSM in particular. Even if President Trump's virus task force announced a cure tomorrow, the democrats and their ideologue media would tell the entire country he was lying whether or not doing so cost the lives of thousands of fellow Americans. The democrat political machine and media organ only cares about one thing: making Donald Trump look the bad guy in all circumstances. We've known this since before DT won the 2016 election. Now? Now the seeds of this ideological war are bearing dead Americans. Far left radical democrats and their media stooges are the real and present enemy of every American.

Yes the democratic party is the enemy of America and it's people....in truth it is of a satannic nature....and of course Satan is the father of all lies.

D7QmhRX.jpg

From all the doctors I’ve spoken to, the consensus is it works on some people, but we’re not sure as to what degree at this point. I’m hearing it’s the best medicine we have right now. Take it for what it’s worth. I know it’s just a few people telling me that. The people that are saying that to me are from all different sides of the political spectrum.

At least it is an option at this point, it is nice to have an option.

we have to be patient

Her and others want an airtight guarantee. If they die waiting for one, that's okay, that's their choice.
But if others die who are willing to take the risk of this intervention but cannot, well, THAT IS NOT OKAY!

Governor of Michigan is one. She said she would revoke doctor's license if they prescribe it for the coronavirus. Now, she may have changed her mind but that was the last I read.

Any doctor who perscribed it for COVID-19 is a quack who should lose their license.
The reality is that hydroxychloroquine does not and can not possibly effect a virus, but it can and does bring down a high fever, regardless of what caused it, including COVID-19.
So while it is being used on COVID-19 patients successfully, it will not do anything for those who do not have a dangerously high fever.

It isn't being used to treat fever, zipperface, it's being used to prevent pneumonia for those on the verge of it.

Wrong.
Hydroxychloroquine not only does nothing to help fight pneumonia, but it has often caused pneumonia.

Are you a doctor, or just a common interwebz linker?

Not a doctor, but very connected to the best doctors.
Worked for Biotronik, the largest pacemaker company in the world.
Nonsense. There is nothing crazy about attempting it. The only problem is over promising results.

Wrong.
If you had read what I quoted, Hydroxychloroquine suppresses the immune response of the body, so greatly increases the chances of getting a full blown case of COVID-19.
It not only does not work in early stages, but increases the spread of COVID-19.
The ONLY value of Hydroxychloroquine is in extreme cases, near death, where the immune system can be the actual cause of death by over reacting. And ONLY then is Hydroxychloroquine appropriate, in order to reduce the deadly immune system, over response.

LANSING – A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus. Detroit rep says hydroxychloroquine, Trump helped save her life amid COVID-19 fight

She is not a doctor, was taking a lot of things, and has no idea what actually happened.
She may simply have been about to get better on her own.
It all depends on if and when the body starts to react to the virus.
But when she previously took hydroxychloroquine for lymes disease, which is a parasite, then likely she set herself up for the placebo effect.
And since she was also prescribed antibiotics, she likely had complications that were the main felt problem.
ITs usually dosed cocktail style with other meds and steroids among other things....have yet to read an example of someone who took just that.

There is nothing wrong with mixing, but the point is this one woman has no idea what worked for her, and it is wrong for her to belief one thing worked when she not only took so many, but also she might have been on the verge of her own body beating it. It only lasts about a week, and then another week to be sure it is gone.

LANSING – A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus. Detroit rep says hydroxychloroquine, Trump helped save her life amid COVID-19 fight

She is not a doctor, was taking a lot of things, and has no idea what actually happened.
She may simply have been about to get better on her own.
It all depends on if and when the body starts to react to the virus.
But when she previously took hydroxychloroquine for lymes disease, which is a parasite, then likely she set herself up for the placebo effect.
And since she was also prescribed antibiotics, she likely had complications that were the main felt problem.

You are a straw-grasping poor excuse of a self-annointed know-it-all.

That is a stupid lie.
I not only am quoting experts but have linked them as well.
Just look up Hydroxychloroquine yourself.
Any source will tell you it is an IMMUNE SYSTEM RESPONSE INHIBITOR.
It can not and will not effect a virus like COVID-19 at all, in any useful way.

It's working.

From what I am gathering from other threads that Conservatives seem to be open to the treatment.
Also.....it seems that the liberals would sacrifice their loved ones because the drug hasn't gone through
the trials.
I think it comes down to that Trump has openly accepted the drugs as treatment until the new drugs
go through the trials for the next year. And the liberals will not accept anything that Trump has given
his approval to. weird
The only thing I object to is people self-prescribing WITHOUT a doctor's advice. I think that is what has some folks up in arms. But I don't know how they'd get it without a doctor anyway. So that's a question. If my doctor gives it to me, sure I'll take it. I trust him.
No one has even suggested that.

Yes they have.
The people supporting Hydroxychloroquine have suggested that since some doctors have prescribed Hydroxychloroquine in some cases, that then everyone should be taking it.
And that is false.
Hydroxychloroquine is only prescribed in extreme cases where the immune response of the body is getting carried away and killing the patient with a massive fever.
The fact Hydroxychloroquine is very rarely prescribed, and only in extreme cases, is not a reason to assume that Hydroxychloroquine is beneficial in all cases as many seem to be falsely claiming.
If you are healthy, taking Hydroxychloroquine will suppress your immune system and make it easier for COVID-19 to propagate in your body.

we have to be patient

It isn't being used to treat fever, zipperface, it's being used to prevent pneumonia for those on the verge of it.

Wrong.
Hydroxychloroquine not only does nothing to help fight pneumonia, but it has often caused pneumonia.

Nonsense. There is nothing crazy about attempting it. The only problem is over promising results.

Wrong.
If you had read what I quoted, Hydroxychloroquine suppresses the immune response of the body, so greatly increases the chances of getting a full blown case of COVID-19.
It not only does not work in early stages, but increases the spread of COVID-19.
The ONLY value of Hydroxychloroquine is in extreme cases, near death, where the immune system can be the actual cause of death by over reacting. And ONLY then is Hydroxychloroquine appropriate, in order to reduce the deadly immune system, over response.

wrong----in fact it is that suppression of "autoimmune" mechanisms that actually protect the alveolar membrane from utter destruction.
Try again. There are OTHER suppressors of the autoimmune
mechanisms that ALSO aid in recovery of serious illness-----an example is the brain edema found in viral encephalitis. Decadron is a potent suppressor of the autoimmune response----but it is used as a life-saving med in encephalitis. medicine is not an easy
science. what is TRUE is "pharmacology is the study of
differential toxicology <<<< first year med school

It's working.

the trials.
his approval to. weird

Wrong.
First of all, I can get an online prescription for anything, at any time.
Second is that I can get Hydroxychloroquine mail order, online, from anywhere.
Third is that veterinary source of Hydroxychloroquine are also easily purchased in pet stores.

we have to be patient
No, that's the nature of government. You can wait until you die, for all they care.

it's the nature of science-----it takes time to prove that a
"medicine" works. I have no idea why hydroquinone would
do anything for a viral infection-----so far it is not demonstrated
and there are rare complications of that therapy

There are? Show some. Doctors have been prescribing it for Lupus for decades with no deleterious effects

It's working.

the trials.
his approval to. weird

Wrong.
First of all, I can get an online prescription for anything, at any time.
Second is that I can get Hydroxychloroquine mail order, online, from anywhere.
Third is that veterinary source of Hydroxychloroquine are also easily purchased in pet stores.

You can buy lots of stuff if you’re willing to break the law.

we have to be patient

Wrong.

Wrong.

wrong----in fact it is that suppression of "autoimmune" mechanisms that actually protect the alveolar membrane from utter destruction.
Try again. There are OTHER suppressors of the autoimmune
mechanisms that ALSO aid in recovery of serious illness-----an example is the brain edema found in viral encephalitis. Decadron is a potent suppressor of the autoimmune response----but it is used as a life-saving med in encephalitis. medicine is not an easy
science. what is TRUE is "pharmacology is the study of
differential toxicology <<<< first year med school

You clearly did not read or think.
Of course the suppression of the immune response system can be good, but ONLY after you have an extreme case that has triggered an overly harmful immune system response.
Of course you want to protect alveolar membranes from utter destruction by your own immune system.
But the POINT is that only happens in very advanced cases.
If instead you take Hydroxychloroquine early, when you do not have an advanced case, you actually will be advancing the spread of COVID-19 in your body.

This is very simple.
If you do not have a severe case of COVID-19 with a high fever, then Hydroxychloroquine will do you harm and increase the COVID-19 infection.
If you already have such a severe case of COVID-19 that you risk a deadly fever, then and only then will Hydroxychloroquine do you some good.

we have to be patient
No, that's the nature of government. You can wait until you die, for all they care.

it's the nature of science-----it takes time to prove that a
"medicine" works. I have no idea why hydroquinone would
do anything for a viral infection-----so far it is not demonstrated
and there are rare complications of that therapy

There are? Show some. Doctors have been prescribing it for Lupus for decades with no deleterious effects

some-----but the benefit outweighs the risk. Lupus is not a
viral infection. SHEEEESH----be patient

Forum List

Back