Cuomo is Just the Beginning of Governors Who Are Violating the First Amendment of Our Constitution

The Supreme Court just recently made a 5 to 4 ruling in favor of allowing religious meetings regardless of governor bans during Covid.
If all the members of the Supreme Court were totally dedicated to following the Constitution as written.
The ruling would have been 9 to 0 ..... :thup:

No, the ruling said the restrictions were not fairly placed...........does that mean they would also throw out restrictions that made the requirements the same for everyone.

Maybe, maybe not.

The Pandemic has dragged on longer than the Spanish Flu or any Ebola outbreak with no end in sight

The common good prevails over individualism.

Is that in the BIll of Rights?

Its a fact of life, that is why you have drunk driving laws, just in case you kill someone.

It may be a fact of life, but it's NOT a law.

Yes its a law, you can't drink and drive.

Deflecing?

"The common good prevails over individualism." is NOT a law.

It actually is.

Where?
Court: Requiring smallpox vaccine does not violate First Amendment
The U.S. Supreme Court, in an opinion by Justice John Marshall Harlan I, ruled that the state of Massachusetts acted constitutionally within its police powers to pass a law to protect the health and safety of the public.

Jacobson v. Massachusetts | The First Amendment Encyclopedia (mtsu.edu)

That seems to be about forcing citizens to get a shot.

Where's the one requiring churches to close?
Feel free to choose to die. Screw anyone who wants to make others sick. It’s mandatory that you get polio shots too.

pathetic

Feel free to choose to die. Screw anyone who wants to make others sick. It’s mandatory that you get polio shots too.

pathetic
I don't believe in polio. The doctors were doing something with those shots to destroy the sciatic nerve.
You’re insane. No one cares what you feel. Science exists whether wack job conspiracy freaks believe in it or not.

Its a fact of life, that is why you have drunk driving laws, just in case you kill someone.

Deflecing?

It actually is.

Where?
The U.S. Supreme Court, in an opinion by Justice John Marshall Harlan I, ruled that the state of Massachusetts acted constitutionally within its police powers to pass a law to protect the health and safety of the public.

pathetic
Have you ever considered liberalism instead of jack-booted fascism for your political orientation?

Last edited:
The ruling, from my understanding, was sort of a compromise... it says that Churches and Protesting, during a pandemic health risk, have to be considered as essential services. They can stay opened just like essential services, with them following all the rules for essential services... so they can stay opened, but if essential services have a mask rule for the indoors, or a separation of space rule for indoors, or they can only have their store with 1/3 capacity or 1/2 capacity, then those same rules apply to churches and protesters where applicable.

Cuomo did not have churches as essential services and the SC says that due to the first amendment, they are essential services... this way the churches can be opened, following the pandemic guidelines for essential services during the mitigation period of a deadly virus, where the Executive is trying to put in measures to curb the virus spread.

So, the SC did not cut off completely the Executive's power to do community care during an epidemic, whilst the Churches won their ability to stay opened.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Governors can not make you wear a face mask, prevent people from assembling in peaceful groups as well as how many people can be in your house. If you lived in a Communist Country, you would not have these freedoms.
I hope someone or groups will sue these idiots in Federal Court and go on to the Supreme Court.
Amen to that,there’s gruesome newsome and whitmere as well to name hop just a few.

Deflecing?

It actually is.

Where?

pathetic
When people have enough of fascist like you they will spread disease on purpose if they can. But you have been doing it anyway for your beliefs.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Governors can not make you wear a face mask, prevent people from assembling in peaceful groups as well as how many people can be in your house. If you lived in a Communist Country, you would not have these freedoms.
I hope someone or groups will sue these idiots in Federal Court and go on to the Supreme Court.

Aside from the blatant unconstitutionality of these policies, there is also the fact that as far as I know, not one state in our nation has a dictatorial form of government. As far as I know, all of the states have republican (small “r”, nothing to do with the political party by that name) forms of government, patterned after the federal government, and many (perhaps most or all) hybridize that with a democratic (also small “d”, nothing to do with the political party going by that name, either) forms.

I do not think that there is any state in which the Governor, nor any other single individual, has the legitimate authority to unilaterally make law. Under the republican form, the Governor can only sign into law bills that have been passed to him from the state's legislature, and under the democratic form, the Governor has no role at all in the process of making a law.

So, these polices are invalid on two points, in blatantly violating the First Amendment rights to freedom of religion and assembly; and in not having been enacted into law by any legitimate process for doing so.

I used to think that if fascism came to this country, it would arrive waving a flag and holding a cross. Boy, was I ever wrong.

It arrived on the back of a little virus while hating both the flag and the cross.

I'm reminded of a cliché that to know what the left wrong is up to, look at what they falsely accuse the right of doing. Apparently, you were fooled before by the false accusation, and now you can see for what it was a cover.

You have the constitutional right to ignore health directives and spread a deadly virus..got it

We have a Constitutional right to go to church, and we have a Constitutional right to peaceably assemble. Both of these are explicitly stated in the First Amendment.

There is northing anywhere in the Constitution that even hints at any legitimate power, on the part of government, to make up a fake crisis, over an hyperbolized flu outbreak, and to use that crisis as an excuse to violate explicitly-stated Constitutional rights, or to otherwise seize and abuse powers which the Constitution clearly does not allow them to claim.

New Topics

Forum List

Back