Cruz to Republicans: Limit voting at all costs

Thanks for admitting your earlier error.
You might have me confused with another poster.

Nevada was the only state that recently adopted mail in elections and received rather little attention from the flurry of lawsuits afterwards.

Early on, Trump’s team propped up a woman who initially claimed someone took her mail in ballot and she found out when she went to go vote in person.

Turns out that she did show up at the polling place and at first made such a claim, but when the election manager wanted her to file a complaint about the stolen ballot, she suddenly got skittish about making the claim. To put it lightly, she wasn’t very credible and her claim got tossed from the lawsuit.

View attachment 470248

The Texas senator rallied his GOP colleagues around the issue on an invitation-only call heard by The Associated Press.

On an invitation-only call last week, Sen. Ted Cruz huddled with Republican state lawmakers to call them to battle on the issue of voting rights.

Democrats are trying to expand voting rights to “illegal aliens” and “child molesters,” he claimed, and Republicans must do all they can to stop them. If they push through far-reaching election legislation now before the Senate, the GOP won’t win elections again for generations, he said.

Asked if there was room to compromise, Cruz was blunt: “No.”

There is much more in the link below...

Why are Republicans so desperate to limit voting rights? Voting fraud has been thoroughly proven to be nearly nonexistent; therefore, one can only assume they don't want certain groups of voters voting for Democrats. I predict that this will not end well for Republicans. We must not allow a resurgence of Jim Crow voter suppression. What do you think?

Democrats have already been tge 1st ones to declare they would not work with, would not compromise with, Republicans after taking the Senate & stealing the WH, so you can stop with the pathetic act that the GOP is in some way doing something the Democrats have been doing since before Biden took office.

And with the radical, nation-destroying agenda the Democrats are ramming down the throats of the GOP & the American people, the GOP is right not to ho along with it.

Untrue. Republicans said they would not work with Democrats when Obama became President. Republicans' refusal to compromise has been going on for 13 years now. You are the one who is pathetic. The American people are closer to Democrats than they are Republicans. That is why Republicans have to engage in ridiculous rants like Dr Seuss.
That's because Democrats are the enemy. And the enemy needs to be eliminated.

They are not the enemy. They have different beliefs. It is Trump Republicans who need to be eliminated or rendered powerless. You are so much garbage. The fact is that people are closer to Democrats politically than they are Republicans.
No, you ARE the enemy. It is NOT the GOP's fucking job to rubberstamp the hard Left agenda you and the rest of the Communist filth support and claim more Americans "support". Fact is, REAL Americans don't want big daddy government to wipe their asses.

Voting has never been an absolute nor inalienable right. ...

Bullshit. One [hu]man[being] one vote!

What's going wrong is it that children (including still unborn children) have no vote. Sure this votes have first to be managed from the parents in the best interest of their children and have step by step to be expanded until they are able to vote fully when they'll reach full age.
America was never a direct democracy, thank God, but a constitutional Republic. Voting is NOT an absolute right.

Voting is a right. The US is not a pure constitutional Republic. It has elements of a direct democracy. Ordinary citizens have a say in who represents them. The Roman Empire was a Republic and ordinary citizens had no say.

Actually we are a constitutional democratic republic.

We have a constitution.

We have a representative government.

Those representatives are elected democratically by the people.

If we were a republic only, the people wouldn't be the ones who elected those representatives.

It would be done in backrooms by party bosses only.
Ideally, we should go back to Senators being chosen by State Legislatures.
Well, no, senators and representatives are chosen by we the people. Presidents and vice presidents are chosen by electors who are chosen by the legislature, at least according to the constitution.
Wasn't always the case. I believe (correct me if I am wrong), it was the 17th Amendment that changed how Senators are chosen. We need to get back to that.
Correct, senators and representatives are elected by the people, but when it comes to potus, and vp, the constitution spells out the process that differs from what we actually do.

From reading over the 17th, it still appears that senators are elected by the people, just that the legislature can fill temporary vacancies until an election by the people can be held...or am I misunderstanding it?

What's going wrong is it that children (including still unborn children) have no vote. Sure this votes have first to be managed from the parents in the best interest of their children and have step by step to be expanded until they are able to vote fully when they'll reach full age.
America was never a direct democracy, thank God, but a constitutional Republic. Voting is NOT an absolute right.

Voting is a right. The US is not a pure constitutional Republic. It has elements of a direct democracy. Ordinary citizens have a say in who represents them. The Roman Empire was a Republic and ordinary citizens had no say.

We have a constitution.

If we were a republic only, the people wouldn't be the ones who elected those representatives.

Well, no, senators and representatives are chosen by we the people. Presidents and vice presidents are chosen by electors who are chosen by the legislature, at least according to the constitution.
Wasn't always the case. I believe (correct me if I am wrong), it was the 17th Amendment that changed how Senators are chosen. We need to get back to that.
Correct, senators and representatives are elected by the people, but when it comes to potus, and vp, the constitution spells out the process that differs from what we actually do.

From reading over the 17th, it still appears that senators are elected by the people, just that the legislature can fill temporary vacancies until an election by the people can be held...or am I misunderstanding it?
Federal Senators were nominated and put into power by the legislatures of each state before the 17th amendment. The State Reps and State Senators pushed a candidate. In states with higher population your vote for Federal Senator means much less. And of course they may be backed by interests to sway decisions. A state Rep and State Senator from your district of voting can be held accountable for their votes on a Federal senator if the 17th Amendment was not in existence. It means your vote for them is more important with less voters electing them then your vote from a much larger pool of voters that the 17th Amendment allows.

We have a constitution.

Federal Senators were nominated and put into power by the legislatures of each state before the 17th amendment. The State Reps and State Senators pushed a candidate. In states with higher population your vote for Federal Senator means much less. And of course they may be backed by interests to sway decisions. A state Rep and State Senator from your district of voting can be held accountable for their votes on a Federal senator if the 17th Amendment was not in existence. It means your vote for them is more important with less voters electing them then your vote from a much larger pool of voters that the 17th Amendment allows.
Which is why the 17th needs to be repealed.

View attachment 470248

The Texas senator rallied his GOP colleagues around the issue on an invitation-only call heard by The Associated Press.

On an invitation-only call last week, Sen. Ted Cruz huddled with Republican state lawmakers to call them to battle on the issue of voting rights.

Democrats are trying to expand voting rights to “illegal aliens” and “child molesters,” he claimed, and Republicans must do all they can to stop them. If they push through far-reaching election legislation now before the Senate, the GOP won’t win elections again for generations, he said.

Why are Republicans so desperate to limit voting rights? Voting fraud has been thoroughly proven to be nearly nonexistent; therefore, one can only assume they don't want certain groups of voters voting for Democrats. I predict that this will not end well for Republicans. We must not allow a resurgence of Jim Crow voter suppression. What do you think?
Why are you supporting voter fraud?

View attachment 470248

What voter fraud? I'm fighting against the new Jim Crow NaziCons who are trying to make it even harder for non-whites to vote.

So in Georgia, state Republicans are moving forward with a voter suppression effort so sweeping it almost defies the imagination. On Monday, the state House passed a bill with these extraordinary provisions, among others:
  • Limits Sunday voting to one Sunday in each county
  • Limits the use of ballot drop boxes
  • Requires absentee ballots to contain a driver’s license number, state ID number or copy of photo ID
  • Makes it illegal to give food or drinks to voters waiting in line to vote

View attachment 470248

What voter fraud? I'm fighting against the new Jim Crow NaziCons who are trying to make it even harder for non-whites to vote.
No you arent. You are trying to make it super easy to commit voter fraud. Why do you support illegal votes?

Forum List

Back