Cruz is playing politics with DHS; so are Dems

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Are both parties going to be irresponsible on DHS funding. I for one would have no trouble for the restructuring of the super agency in a leaner, mean agency having to careful spend every cent it has to get maximum effect.

Cruz Says GOP Plays a Losing Hand on DHS Spending - Yahoo Finance

As for the Democrats who are standing by the president’s executive order despite the possibility of an impasse that could lead to a partial shutdown of DHS at a time of mounting international terrorists’ threats, Cruz said, "The Democrats need to stop holding national security hostage for partisan political objectives. What they're doing is wrong and irresponsible."

Cruz has shown a penchant for rallying conservatives in both the House and Senate to block passage of government spending bills to try to force the administration’s hand on key policy issues – only to disavow responsibility if the strategy backfires. This was certainly the case in late 2013 when he helped precipitate a 16-day partial government shutdown in a failed effort to defund the Affordable Care Act.

• Banned
I personally think we do not need a DHS or a Patriot Act.

Our LEO and armed forces are perfectly capable of fighting the war against the bad guys.

I agree. Any weakening of the DHS is a good thing. Hell weakening of anything that happened during the disastrous Bush years is a good thing.

Those were his fathers year when he was fucked up with lyme disease.

This is not a joke. It is reality. The last two years were fucked up because he got lyme disease. no one wants to talk about it.

I agree. Any weakening of the DHS is a good thing. Hell weakening of anything that happened during the disastrous Bush years is a good thing.

Those were his fathers year when he was fucked up with lyme disease.

This is not a joke. It is reality. The last two years were fucked up because he got lyme disease. no one wants to talk about it.
Sorry can you clarify that? Who had lyme disease?

Forum List

Back