Cruz delivers huge slap in the face to House GOP Leaders

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Not that I care.

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) delivered a slap in the face to House Republicans Monday, hiring an operative they fired just last month for working with conservative groups to undermine the leadership's agenda.

Cruz announced Monday morning that he was naming Paul Teller, the former executive director of the Republican Study Committee, his deputy chief of staff. Teller begins work on Thursday.

"Paul's many years of experience working in Congress and his tireless work to advance conservative principles make him a tremendous addition to our team," Cruz said in a statement. "I look forward to working with him to keep making Texans' voices heard in Washington and to promote a positive policy agenda that will restore economic growth, rein in government overreach, and protect Americans' personal liberties."

Last month, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), the head of the RSC, announced he had fired Teller because he no longer had the "trust" of lawmakers in the group, which is dedicated to pushing a conservative agenda.

Seriously - why should they give a shit?

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) delivered a slap in the face to House Republicans Monday, hiring an operative they fired just last month for working with conservative groups to undermine the leadership's agenda.

Cruz announced Monday morning that he was naming Paul Teller, the former executive director of the Republican Study Committee, his deputy chief of staff. Teller begins work on Thursday.

"Paul's many years of experience working in Congress and his tireless work to advance conservative principles make him a tremendous addition to our team," Cruz said in a statement. "I look forward to working with him to keep making Texans' voices heard in Washington and to promote a positive policy agenda that will restore economic growth, rein in government overreach, and protect Americans' personal liberties."

Last month, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), the head of the RSC, announced he had fired Teller because he no longer had the "trust" of lawmakers in the group, which is dedicated to pushing a conservative agenda.

Ted Cruz Delivers Huge Slap In The Face To House GOP Leaders

Not that I care.

Seriously - why should they give a shit?

Reagan would have loved this!

Why Teller was fired:
According to GOP aides familiar with the decision, the ouster came after Scalise learned this week that Teller had been working with outside conservative groups against the two-year budget deal that House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Budget Committee Chairman Patty Murray (D-Wash.) unveiled Tuesday night.

Reasons why some GOP lawmakers might like Teller for this:

Some conservatives, such as Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Teller’s former boss as the RSC chairman in 2011 and 2012, oppose the deal for going above those spending limits without getting a broad reform of entitlement programs.

Why Ted Cruz might like Teller:

Almost every member of the RSC has given up on the effort to defund the Affordable Care Act, a plan that they originally pushed in the fall that led to the 16-day shutdown of the federal government in October. Teller did not want to give up that fight.

That fight cost the GOP 20 points in the polls, and destroyed Cruz in the process.

House GOP leader Steve Scalise fires top aide, Paul Teller, citing breach of trust - The Washington Post

Forum List

Back