Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Some blame the Muslims
Some blame the Christians

it was both their faults

Muslims restricted Christian pilgrims
Christians has very power hungry popes that wanted to expand their power

Ultimately the Christian armies had huge success for awhile but they could never sustain it .

The first and third were legendary but later ones were a total disaster .
The Muslims were also fighting themselves and never united
Just marching there costs the deaths of tens of thousands of Christians from thirst and attacks

Some blame the Muslims

it was both their faults

I must disagree.

Muslims blocked the road and gave 3 options...Pay a tax...convert to islam...or die.

If I was given that choice right now today I would choose war!

Unacceptable! I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!

Muslims also did that in the form of the barbary pirates and we kicked their fucking teeth down their throats!

Some blame the Muslims

it was both their faults

Ultimately the Christian armies had huge success for awhile but they could never sustain it .

Just marching there costs the deaths of tens of thousands of Christians from thirst and attacks
The Muslims are to blame. They invaded Europe and murdered God knows how many, enslaved others. After a couple hundred years finally a French king decided enough was enough and decided to mount an offensive.

They were an orgy of Jew Killing and occasional cannibalism, but other than that...

Some blame the Muslims

it was both their faults

Or: The Seljuks had conquered Jerusalem and Mekka (what had caused problems for pilgrims). The Normans ("Frankonians") had conquered England. And so a pope started the Frankonian wars to solve the conflicts with the Seljuks (Muslims).

They were an orgy of Jew Killing and occasional cannibalism, but other than that...

Yes Jews were killed !!
Jews even fought with Muslims in 1st crusade

When the crusaders came from England they murdered everywhere on their way through the German countries Jews, who never had seen any Muslim in their whole life. This was the begin of antisemitism in Europe. Germans were not part of the first crusade.

Last edited:

Yes Jews were killed !!

When the crusaders came from England they murdered everywhere on their way through the German countries Jews, who never had seen any Muslim in their whole life. This was the begin of antisemitism in Europe. Germans were not part of the first crusade.
Do you want to say, that the Romans (for example, Tacitus) were not antisemitic?

And what about the Northern Crusades against the Russians, Poles and Balts?

"Crusade" was a word which was used very fast instead of the expression "war". Sounded better. We use this word in a similar way today: You can do a crusade against drugs or a war against drugs for example.

But the expression "Northern Crusades" says nothing to me. Traditionally overtake the losers of a war the gods of the winners. Reason: Their gods are more mighty.

Last edited:

Yes Jews were killed !!

Do you want to say, that the Romans (for example, Tacitus) were not antisemitic?
The Jews were Romans since the early third century. And Tacitus was against the 7-days week of the Jews. And he was against fasting. Today he could say: If no one works on Sunday and no one consumes then I have to give my slaves a free day a week and if everyone is fasting then I have a decrease in sales.

Last edited:
The Crusades were self-defense, simple as that. Jews wer allies and adminstrators of the conquered territories,and weren't at all famous for their benevolent governing practices for hundreds of years, so yes, Jews weren't beloved at all, nor should they have been; they had an obsession with murdering every Christian they could get away with killing right up to the Muslim invasions, and under Muslims they delighted in making life miserable for Christians everywhere they could; even Maimonides encouraged the harassment and hate fest in Egypt and everywhere he went.

Forum List

Back