CRT and Whiteness for Elementary Students.

Nobody is teaching that anything is being a cause of racism. That link you presented shows you don't now how to read. You saw thhe words white supremacy and missed the entire meaning. They are trying to use math to increase critical thinking and analysis which teachers feel will be the skills needed in the 21st century and beyond.

Racism is the lacnk of knowledge and the lack of knowledge includes holding on to antiquated outdated ways of teaching subjects like math.

Flacaltenn, I did not argue that. I said that students were being taught to critically think and use analysfis. You continue living in a delusion. Let me kow when you face reality.

Read that 1st quote above from yourself.. "racism is the lack of knowledge and the lack of knowledge includes holding on to ANTIQUATED, OUTDATED ways of teaching ... math..

Math is Racist right? so Math must be "outdated or antiquated" and gotten woke.
Otherwise no one from Ed Magazine would be pushing "Social Justice" math -- RIGHT?

You expect that polluting an already HOPELESS math class with race discussions aint gonna HARM more than it does good? How is this gonna happen DAILY or even occasionally by DERAILING the math class and turning it into a class on social justice...

This thread can't even stay on topic when RACE is even mentioned.. Past 2 pages are a free-for-all. The WORST you can do in a classroom is pull the class's attention back and forth between MATH and "social justice"... PICK ONE!!!!

CRT only happened to deny and disparage the franchise for blacks.

This should have been the underlying procedural and substantive due process afforded to blacks:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Folks not shacking up with the new Marxist NEA/AFT and laundering campaign money BACK to them are NOT trying to "siphon off the better students" .. Libertarians, most GOPpers and a LOT OF MINORITY communities want "SCHOOL CHOICE".. And these voucher plans ARE NOW universally available in some states.
Does everything have to be labeled Marxist these days when you don’t like it? Give me a break.

Why do Libertarians want taxpayer money funding private or religious schools? School choice doesn’t mean I get to subsidize your Cadillac school. Hell, we should subsidizing healthcare for all then don’t you think?

How does school choice really work? Yes, it was originally designed to help poor families in struggling school districts have a chance at a better education. But the reality most poor families can’t make that choice because private schools aren’t built in crime ridden poor neighborhoods and transportation to the suburbs isn’t available. The vast majority of vouchers are used by middle and upper middle class families who live in areas with decent school system.

As to syphoning maybe consider this. Public schools, by law, must take everyone. That means special needs, failing students, problem students, everyone. Private schools can pick, leaving public to take on the more difficult challenge ng es with fewer resources. And MY TAX money is paying for. THEIR Cadillac school.

TWENTY years ago -- there were a small segment of AFFLUENT families that wanted their school monies to come back to them for private schools.. But TODAY -- the movement is about charters, specialized schools and private schools. And REPUBLICANS are beating the hell of the Dems FOR OFFERING school choice as an alternative to failing schools..

We're working for ALL THE PARENTS THAT GIVE A DAMN about being trapped in failing public schools.. And opening CHOICE for ANY of them..

And THEN - we can address what's LEFT of parents who DONT give a damn..

Your not working for the parents who’s kids are trapped in failing schools because you ignore the realities of where private schools locate and where the worst schools actually are. Taxpayer money should not be used to fund private or religious) schools at the expense of public schools other than a few exceptions (certain charter and specialized).

I read history quite well.....slaves returned to the plantations willingly at times. Many stayed on the plantations following the end of slavery. Several inherited slaves and lands and stayed....many weren't treated as slaves but workers, family, and spouses. You forget what plantations were---often very very Large with blacks outnumbering whites----who lived in large communities much like a town surrounded often by their family. The odds that all were unhappy would be an unrealistic assumption--Jeffersons lover had more than plenty of opportunity to leave Jefferson while they were in France, she did not leave. The personal dynamics were more complex and varying than the race pimps want to admit---from all they knew to Stockholm syndrome to actual love to just a way of life---claiming that they were all miserable is not accurate.
None of the Hemings family were really slaves. After her sister's death, Sally came to be the Lady of the Jefferson household guiding Jefferson's daughter, Polly, into maturity as a lady. Sally and her brothers had numerous occasions to seize freedom and elected to stay with Jefferson. The closest the Hemings family came to slavery was when Peter fell in love with a slave girl. Jefferson promptly bought the girl. Peter was a tailor with his own shop.

Ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome?

Very few and frankly does any of that replace freedom?

…surrounded by family in a situation where at any time a child, a spouse, a family member could be taken and sold. Where girls and women were free to raped with no recourse to Justice and no way to say no and if a husband or father objected, he could be beaten to death. Where they could used as unwilling subjects for medical experimentation because their lives were worth less than a white man’s. Your idyllic pastoral utopia had an ugly rotten underbelly.

Complex? Yes. But few were in the positions you describe compared the much larger number of field slaves and others who did not enjoy those relative freedoms.
Yes, I have heard of Stockholm Syndrome and mentioned as one the possible reasons. But not the only reason----others included PRACTICALITY--how does one survive and support their families if they are released with no home and no lands---in the 1800's or so? Others included that many of the blacks were in fact biracial children of not just the owner but the owners family--so were related. Some rape some love affairs...or sex affairs. Women were more practical then--and didn't look at sex and marriage as a LOVE thing so much as a practicality thing (remember before all women had as much freedom as they do now.)

I am interested in the progression---how america came to accept slavery (massive shortage of workers and justified morally to convert the heathens (it wasn't widely the morals of early america christians to have slaves as they hated catholics who supported slavery) and then to change their acceptance of slavery within a few generations which oddly was lead by the odd christian churches that became abolitionists with the churches encouraging, then demanding that their congregations free their slaves followed by then going after plantations who had slaves---along with JOBS becoming in less demand (thanks to inventions, and an influx of immigrants seeking jobs not welfare) so the massive need to have slaves faded as well.

Does everything have to be labeled Marxist these days when you don’t like it? Give me a break.
Because your side is full of them
Why do Libertarians want taxpayer money funding private or religious schools? School choice doesn’t mean I get to subsidize your Cadillac school. Hell, we should subsidizing healthcare for all then don’t you think?
Since when did Libertarians not pay taxes? They can say the same to you. Why should they pay for your kids school then? They have a right to get a refund for some of their taxes like you do. CATCH 22
As to syphoning maybe consider this. Public schools, by law, must take everyone. That means special needs, failing students, problem students, everyone. Private schools can pick, leaving public to take on the more difficult challenge ng es with fewer resources. And MY TAX money is paying for. THEIR Cadillac school.
More class warfare nonsense

If you care at all about your children, get them as far away from the teachers and the teacher's union as you can. They are destroying our country and are going to use our children to accomplish their goal.

I know a LOT of teachers, and none of them are bent on destroying our country.

We should teach the truth. Most whites aren't going to hate being white for learning the truth. The teaching of race and history as it stands has us where we are now. This is what the white right wing doesn't get. I went to school from K-12 being taught CWST. When I got to college, I found a place in the university library where I found information on the history and axcomplishments of non white people. I missed so much knowledge because of what was not taught to me and it made me angry.

Once people of color are shown what has been cancelled to learn CWST they get angry. And the continued teacing of CWST by force is just going to make things worse.

Think about the impact on a young black child to learn that Onesimus a black man, saved Boston from a smallpox epidemic along side hearing the story of Paul Revere? Why can't we be taught about Colonel Tye and George Washington? How about teaching about the First Kansas Infantry Unit along with stories of other civil war heroes? That should not make white kids hate themselves and it shows black kids that blacks have accomplished much more than being slaves who were freed because white men died to save us.
Wow, I actually found something to agree with you on. I agree that black accomplishments should be taught in school.

I know where you get these shitty opinions from.. You believe there is only ONE SINGLE black message and that ANYONE with the dark skin genes needs to obey whatever it is that's considered "in the interest of blacks". That blacks have to totally cast off their individualism to remain in the "Pedigreed" pool. And MOSTLY -- that applies to ANY black that DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU.. Just like you disagree with me.

But in the real world, that communistic style thinking isn't quite working out for ya is it? Black support for defunding and dismantling the police isnt working out ya.. OPEN BORDERS is not working out for ya either in the black and brown and ALL colors of community. Kowtowing to China isn't working out for you. And re-writing the English language and woke shit isn't big in the black community.. And WORKING to gain self-respect is still popular. ALL POLITICAL.. Not RACE issues.

And even CRT is rejected by large numbers of blacks at EVERY level of education and awareness.

So for you to make the OUTRAGEOUS statement that these black "smaller govt" candidates ONLY GET white support because of RACISM is exactly what Greg Gutfield said about "When the Democrats WIN - it's racism. And when they LOSE-- it's racism..

BUT ONLY in your hive mentality mind.. White candidates SUPPORT these minority candidates BECAUSE THEY'VE done the thinking and the work to REJECT "hive mentality" and the Marxist revolution.

NOT because they are gonna do ANYTHING vile to their fellow blacks. THAT buddy ole friend -- is ALL in your head..
According to him, if any black person thinks differently, or agrees with white people, they are an Uncle Tom.

Welfare Queen, you've never had an honest discussion with anyone black about race. I find it fascinating how many hard working, decent, good white folks I encounter every day. Like many blacks they go about their business, take care of their families, and do what they need to do to get ahead.

I do not find them filled with racial animus and hatred, nor do I find them full of self pity, or projecting an aura of victimhood. In fact, quite the opposite.

It is always the loudest and angriest voices that are heard. In the context of CRT it is highly racist whites who are the loudest and angriest, like the right wingers here at USMB. They are truly irredeemable. They are beyond help or reason.
Most white people are like the whites you encounter every day. If you actually had discussions with the ones you encounter like you do on here, you would call them racists.

It needs to be taught to them. Shit, little racist bastards. If white people aren't going to keep their kids in check, it then falls into the responsibility of the state.

If you care at all about your children, get them as far away from the teachers and the teacher's union as you can. They are destroying our country and are going to use our children to accomplish their goal.
Bullshit. Ignorant parents are doing that.

It needs to be taught to them. Shit, little racist bastards. If white people aren't going to keep their kids in check, it then falls into the responsibility of the state.

NO, it really doesn't. It does NOT take a village. The village can kiss my ass. Me and my wife will teach my sons values.

No, they don't care about their children because their children aren't being taught critical race theory.
CTR, is that the one in which all Blacks are racist? Or is that BLM? I always get that shit mixed up.

Forum List

Back