Critic of Dowd-Frank Floated as Possible Treasury Secretary

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Hmmm.

Donald Trump’s transition team raced to form his cabinet on Thursday as more names were floated for some of the biggest jobs in the president-elect’s administration, including a foe of financial regulation for the powerful position of Treasury secretary.

U.S. Rep. Jeb Hensarling, a Texas Republican known for his sharp criticism of the 2010 financial regulatory overhaul, is among a growing list of potential nominees for the cabinet as speculation increased about who would surround the new president in office, people familiar with the discussions said.​

Trump’s Transition Team Works to Form Cabinet

Will Wall Street get what they want from President Trump?

Dot Com

Dodd Frank is DOA.....

Killing it will be a triumphant victory over liberal fascism.....

Interesting.

I thought Trump supporters hated Wall Street almost as much as they hated Washington, given that the financial industry is the biggest contributor to the sleaze and corruption of Washington.

Dodd Frank is DOA.....

Interesting.

I thought Trump supporters hated Wall Street almost as much as they hated Washington, given that the financial industry is the biggest contributor to the sleaze and corruption of Washington.
We despise your Wall Street....your point?

Trump reminds me of Herbert Hover
1. Likes infrastructure
2. But deregulates
Who deregulated Glass Steagal?
Republican Senator Phil Gramm.

As chairman of the Senate Banking Committee from 1995 through 2000, Gramm was Washington's most prominent and outspoken champion of financial deregulation. He played a leading role in writing and pushing through Congress the 1999 repeal of the Depression-era Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial banks from Wall Street. He also inserted a key provision into the 2000 Commodity Futures Modernization Act that exempted over-the-counter derivatives like credit-default swaps from regulation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Credit-default swaps took down AIG, which has cost the U.S. $150 billion thus far.

1. Likes infrastructure
2. But deregulates

As chairman of the Senate Banking Committee from 1995 through 2000, Gramm was Washington's most prominent and outspoken champion of financial deregulation. He played a leading role in writing and pushing through Congress the 1999 repeal of the Depression-era Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial banks from Wall Street. He also inserted a key provision into the 2000 Commodity Futures Modernization Act that exempted over-the-counter derivatives like credit-default swaps from regulation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Credit-default swaps took down AIG, which has cost the U.S. $150 billion thus far.
Link to him being POTUS in 1999?

1. Likes infrastructure
2. But deregulates

Link to Barney Frank being POTUS from 2001 to 2009.
Notice how the Right always try to have it both ways, to absolve Bush of all blame in his housing crash they make a MINORITY CONGRESSMAN more powerful than the president, but to blame Clinton they make a powerful MAJORITY SENATOR impotent.

1. Likes infrastructure
2. But deregulates

Notice how the Right always try to have it both ways, to absolve Bush of all blame in his housing crash they make a MINORITY CONGRESSMAN more powerful than the president, but to blame Clinton they make a powerful MAJORITY SENATOR impotent.
No link....I only find POTUS Clinton listed for 1999.......

1. Likes infrastructure
2. But deregulates

No link....I find only POTUS Bush listed for 2001 to 2009.

So?

Dodd Frank is DOA.....

Interesting.

Proving that you do not have a clue how the government works. You thought.....no you didn't.

So?
So buttons for the Red Cross.
Make them green, make them brighter.
Make them red, make them whiter.

So?
So buttons for the Red Cross.
Make them green, make them brighter.
Make them red, make them whiter.
Yep....nothing....

Hmmm.

Donald Trump’s transition team raced to form his cabinet on Thursday as more names were floated for some of the biggest jobs in the president-elect’s administration, including a foe of financial regulation for the powerful position of Treasury secretary.

U.S. Rep. Jeb Hensarling, a Texas Republican known for his sharp criticism of the 2010 financial regulatory overhaul, is among a growing list of potential nominees for the cabinet as speculation increased about who would surround the new president in office, people familiar with the discussions said.​

Trump’s Transition Team Works to Form Cabinet

Will Wall Street get what they want from President Trump?

Dot Com
STILL better than Wall Street's favorite lap dog :up: hiLIARy (you should know, you're Ravi's lap dog)

Your welcome

1. Likes infrastructure
2. But deregulates

Signed into law by Bill Clinton

Forum List

Back