Criminalizing the teaching of evolution in public schools and universities

Centaur

Jul 17, 2022
I'm thinking that the Supreme Court could consider overturning the ruling in Kitzmiller v. Dover School District. (This was a ruling against "intelligent" design being introduced to the schools in question.

If this was overturned, it would give both the states and the federal government the leeway to ban and criminalize the teaching of evolution in public schools and universities (a possible exception might be made for individuals who can prove proof that they need use evolutionary information for work in a professional field, but for no one else).

As well as re-introduce creationism and intelligent design as requirements in public and private school curriculums.

This would also give us the potential leeway to ban or criminalize information about evolution (or pro-evolution propaganda) available on the internet or social media if it is viewable under governments which have criminalized it.

I'm thinking that the Supreme Court could consider overturning the ruling in Kitzmiller v. Dover School District. (This was a ruling against "intelligent" design being introduced to the schools in question.

If this was overturned, it would give both the states and the federal government the leeway to ban and criminalize the teaching of evolution in public schools and universities (a possible exception might be made for individuals who can prove proof that they need use evolutionary information for work in a professional field, but for no one else).

As well as re-introduce creationism and intelligent design as requirements in public and private school curriculums.

This would also give us the potential leeway to ban or criminalize information about evolution (or pro-evolution propaganda) available on the internet or social media if it is viewable under governments which have criminalized it.
Since evolution is perfectly compatible with God's creation, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Great! That way we repeal the law of gravity while we are at it!

You cannot impose religious dogma over science. It violates the 1st Amendment.

Since evolution is perfectly compatible with God's creation, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

That's a theological opinion, really not a relevant point one way or another as to the legality of teaching evolution or not.

In fact, a strict wall between church and state fanatic would see that compatibility as a point of negativity.

I have an idea...
Teach all fields of science and let the kids explore theories on their own time using the knowledge they get in school.

I have an idea...
Teach all fields of science and let the kids explore theories on their own time using the knowledge they get in school.
Good idea. When I was in grade school they often turned us loose in the library where we could read anything we wanted.

Forum List

Back