Creationism is not a reason for submission

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
Creationists claim that man should obey God on the basis that he was created by God. Even if we assume that man was created by God, it does not follow that he should obey him.

Gnostics said that God is an evil talentless architect who created an evil ugly world, but at the same time he stole the souls of people, chaining them in matter. I do not remember the details, but there is something about the fact that it was the illegitimate son of Sophia-wisdom, which hid him from the heavenly world, but after he did this she bitterly repented that she hid him.

Creationists claim that man should obey God on the basis that he was created by God. Even if we assume that man was created by God, it does not follow that he should obey him.

Gnostics said that God is an evil talentless architect who created an evil ugly world, but at the same time he stole the souls of people, chaining them in matter. I do not remember the details, but there is something about the fact that it was the illegitimate son of Sophia-wisdom, which hid him from the heavenly world, but after he did this she bitterly repented that she hid him.

I would not get my doctrine from the Gnostics. The Gnostics were very confused, divergent, and heretical.

Do you need to frame Creationists with the most ridiculous circular logic strawman?
What is interesting is that Gnostics, being creationists themselves, were not Philosophers.
In that they saw the Creator also as a subject, i.e having a personality. Unlike how you
frame obedience, or otherwise interest in the Creator's will, as obedience to,
say, gravity - innate object, ie. without own will or personality.

To suggest the source of all creation is talentless,
I don't think that is a rational proposition,
even for an atheist.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Do you need to frame Creationists with the most ridiculous circular logic strawman?
What is interesting is that Gnostics, being creationists themselves, were not Philosophers.
In that they saw the Creator also as a subject, i.e having a personality. Unlike how you
frame obedience, or otherwise interest in the Creator's will, as obedience to,
say, gravity - innate object, ie. without own will or personality.

To suggest the source of all creation is talentless,
I don't think that is a rational proposition,
even for an atheist.
The Christian approach is in itself flawed. They are looking for someone to whom they should obey in order to find themselves in paradise. They aren't searching the truth at all. This is spirit of slavery

Obedience to God isn't slavery. This is a ridiculous thing to say.

• Banned
Obedience to God isn't slavery. This is a ridiculous thing to say.
This is the religion of a slave civilization. It was created for slaves, and relations with God there are built exactly according to the slave-master model. It is a fact.

This is the religion of a slave civilization. It was created for slaves, and relations with God there are built exactly according to the slave-master model. It is a fact.
The Romans, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Mesopotanians, the Greeks had slaves and were not Christian.

Your argument is debunked.

• Banned
The most important subtlety here is in the mentality. If the outlook of the deity corresponds to yours, if your values coincide, then you will join the ranks of his army. This is one motivation. If you serve to profit or submit to force, that is another motivation.

The Romans, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Mesopotanians, the Greeks had slaves and were not Christian.

Your argument is debunked.
The religions of all slave-owning civilizations were slave-owning religions, this is not necessarily Christianity, but Christianity is one of them.

Godless libs are not required to honor their holy Creator

and there is not reason humor them on that subject

we cant all enjoy eternal life with Jesus so let them choose as they please

The religions of all slave-owning civilizations were slave-owning religions, this is not necessarily Christianity, but Christianity is one of them.
I made the mistake of taking you seriously, but now it's obvious you are simply trying to get a reaction out of people.

I made the mistake of taking you seriously, but now it's obvious you are simply trying to get a reaction out of people.
You make banal logical mistakes, and your words are a simple sophistry. It's either a lie or stupidity

Blackrook
Is a hat a headdress?
Some people wear a cap, hence a hat is not a headdress.

This is the style of your reasoning.

Last edited:

Few people recognize the brilliance of the Bible and its capacity to control people. It’s a very powerful book indeed. The Roman Catholic Church killed thousands to keep it out of the hands of others. They did not want to lose their power. Now Bibles can be bought for a dollar in cheap form or can be obtained for free from just about any Christian ministry. If you can master the Bible then you can master your fellow man especially the ones who buy into the bs.

Christianity is for sure the religion of slaves.

New Topics

Forum List

Back