Creamy cheesy spaghetti bake

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I made this last night, and yup it was pretty amazing.

INGREDIENTS
1 to 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef (I used 90/10 fat to lean meat ratio)
1 small onion chopped 2 cloves garlic minced 1 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper 24 oz of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I used Racconto Riserva Marinara sauce)
1 lb spaghetti noodles
8 oz whole milk 8 oz heavy cream
12 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
6 oz parmesan cheese grated
*Use a buttered or greased 9 x 13 baking dish *BAKE uncovered in a preheated oven @ 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbling *You can also just broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes

It was insanely good. At first I thought that's too much cheese for 16 oz of half and half...that is 18 oz of cheese! But it turned out fabulous.

I used mozzarella and parmesan. I didn't super like the texture when I put it on the spaghetti, I thought it was grainy (and it was probably the mozzarella, I'm not a huge fan of melted mozzarella) But it wasn't noticably grainy when it came out of the oven so that texture was changed by baking it with the sauce. My family loved it. It's important to let it set a few minutes after pulling it out...it makes it easier to dish. I used a spatula to cut squares and then scooped them out, it came out in pretty nice serving squares.

Served with green salad and garlic toast of course. Fruit for dessert.

The grainyness was probably the parm.
That sounds really good. I am going to try that.

The grainyness was probably the parm.
That sounds really good. I am going to try that.
Probably.
And it is good!
I didn't salt too much as I went along...I salted the water for the spaghetti, and I salted the meat when I cooked it. I like salt but I didn't want it to be too salty, and it wasn't.

Forum List

Back