Crazy Vancouver Leftards Approve $20,000 Chicken Shelter

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
One can now raise up to 4 chickens in your backyard if you own a home in Vancouver. And if you decide you don't want chickens, you can take your flock down to a city-run chicken coop. And the $20k is the cost just to set up the shelter. I'm sure the union run chicken handlers will be paid $25 an hour to sit around scooping up chicken poop.

Vancouver City Council has approved a controversial proposal to allow residents to keep up to four chickens in their backyard for home-fresh eggs.

Councillors voted almost unanimously in favour of a 32-page staff report detailing everything from coop sizes to the creation of a $20,000 shelter for abandoned chickens.

The report cites increasing attention to issues of "sustainability, food security, and consumption of locally grown food" as the source of enthusiasm for urban chickens.

Chicken keepers would be required to register with the city, and provide chickens – hens only, roosters will not be allowed -- with adequate food, water, light and veterinary care.

CTV British Columbia - Vancouver council approves backyard chickens - CTV News

But the Fringe Leftards in The World's Most Beautiful City have no problem hating on male chickens.

One can now raise up to 4 chickens in your backyard if you own a home in Vancouver. And if you decide you don't want chickens, you can take your flock down to a city-run chicken coop. And the $20k is the cost just to set up the shelter. I'm sure the union run chicken handlers will be paid $25 an hour to sit around scooping up chicken poop.

Vancouver City Council has approved a controversial proposal to allow residents to keep up to four chickens in their backyard for home-fresh eggs.

Councillors voted almost unanimously in favour of a 32-page staff report detailing everything from coop sizes to the creation of a $20,000 shelter for abandoned chickens.

The report cites increasing attention to issues of "sustainability, food security, and consumption of locally grown food" as the source of enthusiasm for urban chickens.

Chicken keepers would be required to register with the city, and provide chickens – hens only, roosters will not be allowed -- with adequate food, water, light and veterinary care.
CTV British Columbia - Vancouver council approves backyard chickens - CTV News

But the Fringe Leftards in The World's Most Beautiful City have no problem hating on male chickens.
I don't really get what you're saying. Please explain.

The city of Vancouver has voted to allow people to keep chickens in their yard, and is shelling out $20k to build a shelter for homeless chickens if people decide they no longer want them.

:lol: Maybe Vancouver wants to become a third world country.

They must be doing something right though, I understand it is one of the few cities in Canada where the property values continue to climb.

After the mess we have made of our country I don't feel any right to try and tell anyone else how to run their country.

:lol: Maybe Vancouver wants to become a third world country.

They must be doing something right though, I understand it is one of the few cities in Canada where the property values continue to climb.

Most Canadian cities have continued to climb. Its a bubble up there. Its crazy. Vancouver is the most expensive city for real estate in the western world, including New York and London.

Forum List

Back